Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

rxm6's S13 build/restore

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

rxm6

rxm6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
So, Rob's videos are getting to me. I now no longer think I should spend my money rebuilding the KA. I need power...I'm doing a swap. No birthday present for me this year...maybe Christmas.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (rxm6 @ Feb 13 2011, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, Rob's videos are getting to me. I now no longer think I should spend my money rebuilding the KA. I need power...I'm doing a swap. No birthday present for me this year...maybe Christmas.

LOL I assuming you mean me? haha If so then I would actually hope u would learn ur car with low power and suspension first. That way when u get some power you will really know what to do with it. However you did say Christmas... if so then you have a lot of time to learn the car with no power. That is my best bit of advice for anyone who wants to drift or even grip drive.

My first year of drifting was done on a KA, and about half of that year was done with an automatic. Also back then I was sliding just about every available night I could too.

rxm6

rxm6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Feb 13 2011, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL I assuming you mean me? haha If so then I would actually hope u would learn ur car with low power and suspension first. That way when u get some power you will really know what to do with it. However you did say Christmas... if so then you have a lot of time to learn the car with no power. That is my best bit of advice for anyone who wants to drift or even grip drive.

My first year of drifting was done on a KA, and about half of that year was done with an automatic. Also back then I was sliding just about every available night I could too.

I have absolutely zero experience drifting nor do I know where to begin. I do have tons of track and mountain road experience however. Of course that mountain road experience was when I was younger.... whistle.gif Is a car setup differently for drifting? I feel like getting grip isn't what I want to achieve? Anyhow, I'm looking for a donor car as we speak and then the long lonely road of actually doing it lies ahead.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
The setup for grip is different than drifting, but the principles are the same. Learn your car stock, then do suspension/tire upgrades slowly to learn how each thing changes the car. Once you get to a point where your learning curve starts to flatten out after changing one thing then move to something else until you get to the point that there is nothing left but to add more power.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users