Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Confused

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
Ok didn't know where to put this thread but so those of you who did see my on sat night i was getttin kinda pissed on how i couldn't get my car to break loose with out kickin the clutch im so close to just suckin it up and gettin a welded but i could slide fine with my other 240 but that has some cheap tein coils not just springs im wondering if i should get some coils first then welded cause i like to grip and park easily pretty much my question is welded or coils first and for those who did see me maybe any other suggestions?

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
If you want to drift then you should get a real 2 way lsd or a welded. With or without coilovers you need a good lsd to do any kind of spirited driving, and good coilover's are also a must have as well.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Thanks Rob! Well Got a couple more questions then. You know anyone that welds diffs? Also I plan on selling my blitz Technospeeds cause there just too big you know what a decent size rim is obviously ill be drifting on em too? Zilvia fails when it comes to serious questions.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Lot's of local people and shops weld diff's here in sac, or you can get a weld loc'd diff from Luke on zilvia. THat's what I have in my car, they are either $60 or $75. Plus if you break it he will give you another one. Only draw back is you need to go to Santa Clara to pick it up or pay a grip to have it shipped since the difff's are so heavy.

As for tire size I would go with some stock sizes for now, the main reason for that is you have a stock motor and it's hard to slide on big heavy after market wheels when you don't have a lot of power. If you do get wheel's I wouldn't go any bigger than 16's and no wider than 8 inches. Some cheap rota's, meshies or stock wheels will work just fine for now, not only that but tires are cheaper and easier to find in the 15-16 inch range. I rocked my stock S13 SE wheels for 7 months before I decided to go to something bigger, it was a bitch to get my car to stay sideways at first but I figured it out in a few passes. So it's better to learn on the stock sizes till you get better.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Thanks Great Info again but got a couple more questions is the 60 or 75 for a whole diff or just the welding done on the diff along with where did you order your kts's from i figured id sell my blitz wheels buy some stock ses and ok tires for the rear and then some kts's and maybe a welded and i think id be good to start sliding again cause it didnt even feel like i was countering when it would slide

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
You trade him your stock open diff for one of his that is already welded plus the 60-75. I got my KTS from basically the only place that sells KTS in the states which is http://www.splparts.com

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Ok ya i saw em on spl wasn't sure if anyone else sold em but one last thing i tried lookin on zilvia and cant find a luke that lives in cali is that his actual username

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
His user name is Blu808 on zilvia, otherwise known as Luke of SDP.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Thanks Rob

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Awesome cake.gif clap2.gif happy2.gif hooray.gif , finally making your car drift worthy...

Ahaha.

Anyways, yeah. I dunno why you think having a welding makes parking 'harder'... maybe a lil noisier but that's no big deal.

Andrew

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
QUOTE (assassin10000 @ Apr 16 2008, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome cake.gif clap2.gif happy2.gif hooray.gif , finally making your car drift worthy...

Ahaha.

Anyways, yeah. I dunno why you think having a welding makes parking 'harder'... maybe a lil noisier but that's no big deal.

Andrew
Haha ya can't let you and rob have all the fun out there but welded jsut kinda worried me cause I drive to hs everyday and everyone parks crappy there. Makes parking with viscous hard too, but its nothing i cant adjust too. But I've started already by talking to luke about the diff then when i sell the rims ima get a exedy stage 1 clutch kts coils and drift button and see what i have left and if theres anything else i can afford ill buy it too (probably tires) lol. Ill update my thread when i start getting parts in cause car is far from "drift worthy" right now cause i felt like i was gonna roll the damn thing Ill still be comin out on the weekends tho.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
You don't need a "stage 1" anything, if you going to have a stock KA for now then an OEM Exedy replacement clutch is more than enough. That is what I had on my stock KA and also what I have on my SR, both work like a champ. No need for anything more on a stock or basically stock motor.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Apr 16 2008, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't need a "stage 1" anything, if you going to have a stock KA for now then an OEM Exedy replacement clutch is more than enough. That is what I had on my stock KA and also what I have on my SR, both work like a champ. No need for anything more on a stock or basically stock motor.
Ah i was just thinkin that cause i had a different type stage 1 clutch in my last car so i figured id get another stage 1 except a exedy i just like how my last one grabbed ill check the prices out right now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users