Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

S14 Build Numba 4

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
Awesome Doug! Maybe when you are ready I will buy the T28 from you.

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:WOMEN & CARS what else is there
[quote name='Sideways~S14' date='Jan 1 2011, 01:52 PM' post='4582']
Alright Got the t28 on an running! Heres a couple pics I was gonna have fraz reweld my ic piping but realized I had stock s14 sr piping and I just made to cuts and a coupler and boom done! So far Im liking the power from the t28 theres deffinatly alot more pull on top end maybe a lil more boost and a base map tune and ill be happy as far as power goes! Suspension is in the next update smile.gif

I thought you were happy with this!!! I thought the next update was suspension!!! Dougie, Dougie, Dougie, Dougie, Doug, Doug...

LOL just messin with ya...good shit!!!

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
I had a deal with coilovers fall through day of swapping suspension sad.gif!! I was happy Jesse until I got the amazing deal I did on the 2871r! Mr. Fraz Yes once this Turbo is on the car I think that could be arranged would love seeing parts go to a good home!

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
So yea got a set of coilovers dumped my car and rubbed through my harness already big whoop want to fight about it lol

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
Finally! Now you have to set up the car to a respectable height or it will handle just as bad as cut springs. Looks nice though buddy.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Wow hell must have frozen over... cuz Doug has coils lmao!

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
It's the end of the world!!!!

... the religious nuts got the date wrong on those vans/mobile homes/etc.

Andrew

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:WOMEN & CARS what else is there
Well about damn time dougie...its not the end of the world just yet. Just the beginning for many more things to come.

Doug ~ I want your seat rails!!! LOL whistle.gif

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
All I can do is lmao right now

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Well my SR got rod knock so i guess time to pull the motor polish the crank an replace the bearings.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
It was bound to happen... If you rebuild I wouldn't recommend just slapping bearings back in. It works for a while but it will always come back.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Aug 18 2011, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was bound to happen... If you rebuild I wouldn't recommend just slapping bearings back in. It works for a while but it will always come back.
The way i drive my car an the amount i drive it i knew it was bound to happen to. As far as rebuild what do you recommend? I was gonna order all this im trying to be safe from rod knock lol

http://www.frsport.c...product_id=7739

http://www.frsport.c...DET_p_9515.html

http://www.frsport.c...DET_p_9563.html

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
You can order all that stuff but its not going to solve the problem. You need to have the crank, rods and the block checked to see if they are out of round. If that shit is out of round you need to have machine work done. If you just slap some bearings back in there you will do nothing but waste money. It will happen again.

If you don't want to do any machine work then just find a good s13 short block and put that in there. It will be easier and cheaper.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
So now that I've had plenty of time on my hands. I've decided its time to finally update this again! Ive been busy workin on the car. Hasn't been driven much either since I've had my daily hatch. Well Lets see where to start! Ever since I've been lowered on coils I've had a problem with rubbing through my harness. Ive gone through tucking it an finally got it completely fixed the other night with andrew. Heres some pics of the first harness tuck. Ill post some of when me an andrew finished it the other night when i get some wifi lol.

Next! I got ahold of some more power parts :/ I thought id be happy with s14 turbo nope I want more fml. I got ahold of a real greddy intake manifold, along with a set of tomei 740cc Injectors biggrin.gif pic of it next to my new valve cover an 2871r

After collecting those I Decided I wanted to do another drift event an decided to do super am just cause the price an see how I stacked up I ended up after a long day placing 2nd place once again. Even with a killer last run an wall tap still got 2nd sad.gif Oh well though its all in fun! heres 2 vids from the event an then some pics!
Tandem Vid With Me An Trevor

Final Run Vid http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Then after that event past I ended up Blowing my Turbo gasket like a week or two later. I ended up letting the car sit for awhile until I decided to get some new copper locking nuts an a new gasket. I ended up at the same time breaking all the studs off in the manifold so I put the megan manifold on.

Got the car back on the road an took out in the rain biggrin.gif

Finally The other day I finally picked up a set of a decent looking wheels biggrin.gif Hopefully there will be more to come soon with my new found spare time hahahaaha.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Kinda weird to see you car on the track... lol at least youre trying tho. 2871R should be lots of fun!

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Nov 20 2011, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kinda weird to see you car on the track... lol at least youre trying tho. 2871R should be lots of fun!
Yea If I could get a better Job then Id be able to get on the track alot more an also do alot more with my car! I would agree though the 2871R should be very fun! We all know Brandon made more then enough power with it lol

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Wrist pin failure is my guess dry.gif confused.gif thumbsdown.gif thumbsdown.gif thumbsdown.gif thumbsdown.gif

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Ouch!

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Yup It made that knocking noise for a good 4-5 months thousands of miles. Then it was just fine then all of a sudden started knocking super hard before We could get it to parking lot it went boom! I had enough money finally to get all my SPL arms. But Guess im buying a longblock an building it now lol

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Its deffinatly been a quick minute since I updated this. I finished buiding my SR in december! I drove it for 7 months put about 7k miles on it where I sadly then sucked in a throttle body screw do to a different failure. So my built motor now has knock. Im now going the same route as rob an doing the LS2 swap. Hoping to have the car done by top drift next year. I wanna get done in december to atleast get some track time with the new motor. Recently though as far as driving goes I finally attended a full track event. Sadly not in my car though. It was a great expierance getting to feel how a car reacts sliding at speed. Heres the video I got from the event. 4min 50sec is where I finally got my 95mph entry. I was sad I didnt touch 100mph.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users