Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

S14 Build Numba 4

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
Well abandoned the other chassis im onto my 4th s14 its remarkable. its normally s13s you hear that about but i plan on keeping this one for good picked it up for 1800$ needs some work but its doable and has plates and shit haha Onto Pics biggrin.gif

Takin your approach rob this seems like a great way of keeping track of everything.

Current Specs as of 11/18/2011

Car:
1995 Nissan 240sx SE

Car name: No name yet.

Engine, Transmission & Drive Train:
Black Top S13 SR20DET
Aftermarket 6 Puck Clutch Not sure of Brand
S14 T28 Turbo
Circuit Sport Stainless Steel Turbo Lines
CXRacing FMIC With some Jank Piping biggrin.gif
Greddy Type S Bov
3inch Turbo Back
Manual Boost Controller Set at 10psi
Oem Nissan Thermostat
Koyo N-Flow Radiator
Samco Radiator Hoses
HKS Mushroom Air Filter
Rewelded Megan Equal Length Tubular
Dual Altima Fans Hardwired To A/C to Come On 100% when Ignition Is On
Greddy Turbo Timer
Stealth Custom Fab Welded Diff
Kazama Solid Engine Mounts
Pro Peak Performance Solid Transmission Mount
SPL Solid Diff Bushings
Cruise control removed
Odyssey PC680 battery
Walbro 255LPH HP fuel pump

Exterior:
1996 USDM Zenki S14 Grill
SE Lip
OEM Mud Flaps
Kouki Tail Lights
Roof Wing
Kouki Wing

Interior:
Swapped Black Face Gauge Cluster
Momo Hub
Momo Mod 08 Steering Wheel
NRG Thin QR
300mm Broadway Mirror
Cusco Drift Button
F1 Spec Bucket Seat
Buddy Club Low rails

Brakes:
Removed Brake Dust Shields
Q45 Brakes.

Suspension & Steering:
SilkRoad Rm-8 Coilovers
SPL Tension Rods
Stealth Custom Fab Front Strut Tower Bar
Energy Suspension Steering Rack Bushings
Stealth Custom Fab Fender Braces

Wheels and Tires:
Rota Grids 17x9 +25
Front Tires- Unknown
Rear Tires- same unknown lol

Alignment Specs:
Front:Unknown

Rear:Unknown

Fluids:
Motor:Mobil1 10w-40
Tranny:Redline MT90
Power Steering:Royal Purple
Coolant:Redline Water Wetter
Differential: Valvoline 80w 90

You can see the damage in this pic

Inside of it

Some kinda dual piston brakes?

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
LOL all I have to say is don't mess this one up. But it was a decent find for a good price!

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
Oh good gravy...another one!

Well at least you can say you only destroyed one chassis...lol.

Looks like a good find for the price!

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
QUOTE (Jonnie Fraz @ Jun 25 2009, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh good gravy...another one!

Well at least you can say you only destroyed one chassis...lol.

Looks like a good find for the price!
Yea i think its cool i found out the right rear tire is at 60psi :X But Cough Cough I think this car needs some fender braces cough cough..................................................cough

But Only if you dont mind johnny haha i got all your other braces still smile.gif and my buddy is sittin next to me and wanted to see if he oculd get any info on that price for all the braces. rolleyes.gif Oh and I Have hopes of not messing this one up wink.gif Maybe molesting it though hahaha

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Well time for a update I guess smile.gif Next update will involve chirping around corners haha

Heres just a random pic my friend amanda took

Better pic of the brakes

Put my s drives on

switched the shocks so i can be kinda low lol dont have a pic with em on

took the wing off biggrin.gif

got bored and threw this on hahahahah

found this

and found this

Hella road salt sad.gif

This spot of rust I need to get fixed duno how yet though

threw my drift button on and took the steering wheel cover off

pulled my 350z seats out

s14 seats in

Oh and pressure washed the bay and put this big black thing on my shock towers tongue.gif

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
That broken stud is easliy fixed, just go to kragen and get the stud, u just hammer the old one out and then pop it back in. The rust on the bottom looks like surface rust, just hit it with a wire brush to remove the rust and then spray it with rubberised under coat.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Sadly i took a better look at the rust its not just the surface but most of it is the surface theres one spot that its eating through. sad.gif Who could fix that? its a very small spot.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
That's the problem with cars that are from a state that gets a lot of snow. Best way to fix it is to take a wire wheel in a drill or dremel and grind away all the rust you can find, then anything that is left behind you will need to use naval jelly to stop and neutralize the remaining rust. Any holes will need to be patched by either welding in a patch, 3m panel bonding a patch or fiberglassing a patch.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jun 28 2009, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's the problem with cars that are from a state that gets a lot of snow. Best way to fix it is to take a wire wheel in a drill or dremel and grind away all the rust you can find, then anything that is left behind you will need to use naval jelly to stop and neutralize the remaining rust. Any holes will need to be patched by either welding in a patch, 3m panel bonding a patch or fiberglassing a patch.
Sickness seems like something im not equiped with tools wise maybe i can get my dad to help with this since he used to do this kinda shit since he lived in illinois lol either way its not a big spot so should be do able ill probably have to be in contact with john though cause id prefer to weld in a patch. but my dad nor me have a welder haha either way im sure Ill get it fixed before the plague spreads rolleyes.gif

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Ok so i did the self diagnostics on the ecu for codes and this is what i got

33 Oxygen sensor or circuit (300ZX left side) - all other models EGR malfunction. Dont see how this would make the motor misfire So Rob any thoughts on this?

Then also I put a welded in and of course theres pics haha This is the quietest a welded diff has been in any of my cars too it feels like theres no welded i was trippin balls when i drove it around the block amazed with its quietness

Pulled the welded out of the black car biggrin.gif

Then pulled the exhaust off while i was at it haha

Then had to put pulling the diff out of my orange machine until i picked up this little nifty tool from john

Disconnected driveshaft

Then this is where the diff landed the concrete got ffed up scary as hell laying next to it when it does this :X

Then with fresh diff fluid got the diff lined up on the jack

Got the two studs through the sub frame and the axles popped in

Then threaded the two bolts into the sub frame and put in the other half of the solid bushings in they werent tight at this point since you can see the gap inbetween the subrame and diff bushing

Now there Tight that thing hanging is where the abs used to plug into the old diff i cut it cause im a teenager lol Honesty points maybe? hahaha

Bolted up the drive shaft

Then axles bolted up and everything torqued down. Ready to rock and roll and most importantly slide biggrin.gif

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
33 on a 1995 240sx is the front O2 sensor so it's the one in the engine bay on the exhaust manifold. This is the easier to get to and cheaper of the two O2 sensors. If it's a single wire O2 which most are it will be right around $30 to get a new one from Kragen. As far as it misfiring I don't know, but are you sure that 33 is the only code it was showing?

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Yup 33 was the only code I got. I cleared it and drove it around and got the check engine light again. Ill prolly pull codes later again though just to make sure. Along with Im gonna go through the engine harness make sure everything is plugged in, nothing loose, etc check grounds all that shit. Ive already checked all fuses. Also Im thinking maybe maf? But i think it would show a code for that cause it revs fine in neutral witch i beleive is a sign of the maf going bad or being bad?

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
So the car has a misfire? It didn't feel like that to me when I drove it, but the tranny felt all whacked out. Check the plugs, plug wires, cap/rotor and make sure there are no vacuum leaks, also check the tranny fluid level.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
yea i popped it into neutral when it was doin that lurching shit and it was the rpms that kept jumping around and when i floored it it was gutless and was stuttering

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Ok so I checked the harness. Harness plugs etc. I can't check the spark plugs cause well I don't have a extension. Cap and rotor is next on the check list. I Checked the codes again and got code 33 again. Well in my testing though I drove to the park like 1/8 mile away and took this pic

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Well if your getting code 33 again then either do the troubleshooting in the fsm or just go buy an O2 and replace it. Did you check the grounds on the back of the head? Those grounds might have something to do with the O2 throwing a code, either that or signal wire is broken somewhere.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Actually I did check the grounds on the back of the head. I think I have another o2 laying around I think Ill try it see if that gets rid of the code cause who knows it might be good but just out of curiousity how does the signal wire get broken?

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
lol how does any wire get broken? Who knows... but those are the only things it can be, bad O2, bad signal wire or bad ground. Unless the ECU is bad but I doubt that.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Well with no money I haven't done anything really and my jack is at my friends house so all I really could do was throw the turbo timer in. I kno it serves no purpose but I like the voltage reading and warnings lol. But this time putting it in this car I did it cleanly. Hooked all the wires up except for the speed. Hid the harness hid the ground wires along with the one for the e brake. So all you can see is the timer.

No Ground wires to be seen :X

No harness either :X

All thats seen is the timer. Weird

kcvpr

kcvpr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
QUOTE (Sideways~S14 @ Jul 5 2009, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well with no money I haven't done anything really and my jack is at my friends house so all I really could do was throw the turbo timer in. I kno it serves no purpose but I like the voltage reading and warnings lol. But this time putting it in this car I did it cleanly. Hooked all the wires up except for the speed. Hid the harness hid the ground wires along with the one for the e brake. So all you can see is the timer.

Did you fix the third brake light thing yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users