Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Just Droo's Zenki S14 Build Thread

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Wow! Long time without an update. There has been some interesting developments in the last month and a half. First off, for those of you who don't know, my car got hit on May 17th at like 11pm outside my house. I parked the car on the street near the exit of an alleyway. I was inside and heard something or someone get hit. I ran outside and looked around and my neighbor said some 2009-10 Ford Mustang, silver, hit "this blue car" and took off, "we didn't get the plates". I responded by saying, "what blue car?...ah shit!" I hopped in and tried to chase down the mustang, but couldn't find anything. So, this is square one.

This shot was taken the next morning, as the mustang came around the corner (to the right of the car) it must have lost control and smashed into the driver's side, ripping the bumper off.

Step 2: Find a new rear bumper, quarter panel, and tail lamp...thanks to Doug, I was able to score all 3! Thanks buddy.

Step 3: Prepare the quarter panel skin and get it ready to be welded to the body.

Step 4: Cut off the old mangled blue panel and weld on the red one. Tail light, and bumper on and ready for paint.

Step X (to take place anytime between Step 1 and 4): Find the owner of the 2009-10 Silver Mustang (with blue paint transfer) and beat them within an inch of their life, or extort all the necessary funds to complete the project before turning them into the police.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Small update. No pics yet, but I finished putting my interior back together, and yes, it's been almost a year since it was taken apart. lol. Now, my power mirrors are working as well as, my ignition key reminder, and over head courtesy lamp. I also put my alarm back together and got it working. woot woot.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Nice, when are you gonna replace the quarter panel?

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
With any luck, the beginning of next week. I still need to talk to Jon about it.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Finally, a new installment...Jon and I (mostly Jon) put on the new quarter panel, courtesy of Doug, and got it pretty much done in a couple of hours. Pics!!!

Started trimming away the crushed in quarter panel.

This saw has been like the best $40 I've spent. biggrin.gif

Bottom portion of the quarter panel with drilled out spot welds.

Good 'ol air hammer to pry the quarter panel away from the rear.

Half way there.

Top half gone!

Thanks Doug!

Test fit, mark, scribe, get ready for welds...

Spot welds in place.

Had to drill out the holes for the tail lamps, but still awesome fit.

Like a glove!

Huge props out to my bro Jon for all the help. Seriously wish I could do anything as good as he does it. Awesome man! bow.gif Thanks again Doug for the spare quarter panel, tail lamp, and rear bumper. Now, gotta meet up with Jason and lay down some daytona blue pearl. In the mean time, I got parts to put on: ES steering rack bushing, master bushing set, and SE fog lamps.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (Just Droo @ Aug 15 2010, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Huge props out to my bro Jon for all the help. Seriously wish I could do anything as good as he does it.

I agree with you, Jon is the MAN! That panel looks good bro!

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Got some minor things done today, I guess every little bit helps right?

Fog lamps installed with new covers from www.thenismoshop.com.

I had to make a shifter adapter to sleeve into my Sapporo keg handle I bought over 2 yrs ago!

It's BIG, It's AWKWARD, It's SAPPORO! w00t.gif

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:WOMEN &amp; CARS what else is there
QUOTE (Just Droo @ Aug 24 2010, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's BIG, It's AWKWARD, It's SAPPORO! w00t.gif

Thats what she said...LMFAO!!!!! rofl.gif punk.gif

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Small update. No pics thumbsdown.gif

Just put in the ES steering rack bushings. I'm sure I got lucky cause it only took me like 20 minutes, and the car feels amazing. With any luck I will order and install my ES master bushing kit by mid September. Had to pay the registration on the Honda today... wall.gif So, I'm broke til my b-day anyway. Think I will put the rear bumper on and hook up the license plate lamps to be in compliance. I have an interesting relationship with the law. I will update with pics tomorrow.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
It seems like I update a little progress and then...BOOM! Damage. Well, here's the latest.

And...

Went to Kniesel's Auto Body for the estimate, and with any luck, I can pay the J-man and get my baby back on the road.

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Dude, WTH!!!. You've got the worst luck with that car.

Andrew

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Got more stuff done. Made some money by selling my URAS lamps, SE lip, Fog lamps. Going to put up my SE wing since I have the Navan one and my splash guards and see what I get. Trying to track down a Navan bumper that is in half way decent shape and doesn't need to be shipped from Malaysia. Ordered some sideskirts and got some KTS's on my watch list on eBay. I scored a coupon that I'll use.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Ehh, a little more progress made. ES master bushing kit is on the way from Texas. Picked up cloth seats from Jesse James. Still waiting on the insurance payment so I can get the paint ordered. May have to wait until my JDM importer contact gets back from L.A. before I can get my Navan front. thumbsdown.gif Damn those things are hard to come by. Pics from seat disassemble...

Covers are drying now and will be back on tomorrow. So much better than my busted up leathers.
Now, I gotta wait the 10 some odd days before I can get to pick n pull when the weather is nice and get my Q brakes.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
New seats! WOOT! lol cuz ur leather seats were busted!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users