Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Miguel aka RicerXs 91 Civic CRX

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Girls
Getting a really big headache from this car at the moment, well, since I got a ticket for no muffler a few days ago, I went to the muffler shop today to get some work done. I needed a cat or else they wouldnt do any work to the car. They guy looked at it, and said it was gonna be $180. Since Im on a budget, I shot down to my cousins shop to get the cat put in since the guy was charging $60 for instal. Since everything went horribly wrong, I ended up owing my cousin $100, and have to wait till monday to get it put in. I really wish the people who put this car "together" did it right. Now im soo strapped for cash I dont know what ima do.
02 Toyota Celica GT (dead)
91 Honda CRX LS V-tec (will be missed)
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Dam that sucks man, I know how you feel tho... that's why now i always buy cars that are stock and unmolested. It's easier to upgrade than it is to figoure out and clean up shit that other idiots did before you got the car.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jan 5 2008, 08:54 PM)
Dam that sucks man, I know how you feel tho... that's why now i always buy cars that are stock and unmolested. It's easier to upgrade than it is to figoure out and clean up shit that other idiots did before you got the car.

If I had the money, I woulda bought something different, but this one was givin to me from a friend since the other one died. Im just tryin to get this ticket written off so I can go on with my life.
H1Racing.com

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
Good News! Project REX is moving along, just got the exhaust done yesterday. Put a b16 CAT on so the car is quiet, then had the exhaust welded, 2 1/4" piping from the control arm, all the way to the tuner muffler with crush bends. I forgot to ask the guy for mandrel bends. Car seems to be running smoother, or it may just be I dont hear the exhaust anymore. Ill upload pics 2night or 2marrow.
H1Racing.com

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
Ok, im a little late on this:

Looking at these pics, Ill try to take better ones.

Well, I just got my ticket written off, which didnt really do much but reduce a $190 ticket to $67. Im greatfull that its $67, but I thought fix-it-tickets were just well, you fix it, and no fine. Well whatever. Aside from that, a week after I had my exhaust done, some cop literally went out of his way to pull me over. I mean, this guy busted a u-turn, and chased me down for maybe a half a mile to get me. I was literally in front of my house when he got me.

This is how the story goes:
It was sunday and I was heading home from church. I had just made a left hand turn, but seconds before I made the turn an interceptor was on the opposite road going with traffic. I made the turn and just went on with my buisness. Maybe after a minute and a half of driving down, I see a cop car turn onto the street I was on. Since I wasn't speeding, or didnt speed the whole way home, I didnt have anything to worry about.Im about to get to a stop sign which I have to turn on, and I look into my rear view mirror. I notice that the car was haulin balls, so I started to think he probably was coming for me. I could have easly just taken the turn, then hit the street where I live on and lost the cop, but I didnt. So I get to the stop sign and prepare to turn. By this time the cop caught up to me and was going to turn too. I made the right hand turn and hopped into the middle lane to make a left, as I did that the cop jumped in the middle an flashed his lights. Seeing this I got pissed and took the turn anyways and pulled over right at the entrance of the community I live at. So I get my apaers and stuff ready and he walks up and tells me the reason he pulled me over was cuz my exhaust was modified for bull this and that. As I gave him my papers, I explained to him I just got my exhaust done to not make noise since I didnt have a muffler when I got my last ticket, so I also gave him the previous ticket. He goes back to his car and does his pig stuff. As he was back ther, I could see him thrue the rear view, and I could tell he was confused. After 10mins. of waiting, he comes back and tells me its normally a citation, so I tell him the life story of how my muffler fell off, and I got the ticket, and how I went to the muffler shop and had a muffler+cat installed. So he asked me to start it and rev it, in which I did. He wa so confused he just let me go, in which I drove about 10 yards and I was home.
Long story short, pig saw I had a, aftermarket muffler. Pig tries to give me ticket, but gets confused, then pig lets me go.

Sorry its soo long, but I had to vent b4 I go postal. Aside from that, Ive come to the conclusion that I have a blown head gasket, coolant went in clean 5 months ago, found coolant to be black 1month ago.
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Dam man that sucks but u know what they say... "when it rains it pours". A lot of shit went wrong for me in the past 3 weeks but it's just one of those things I have come to realize you just gotta deal with it and not let all the shit get you down. Even tho you really wanna kill someone lol.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jan 23 2008, 12:34 AM)
Dam man that sucks but u know what they say... "when it rains it pours". A lot of shit went wrong for me in the past 3 weeks but it's just one of those things I have come to realize you just gotta deal with it and not let all the shit get you down. Even tho you really wanna kill someone lol.

I hope everything will start looking up for you if it hasnt already happened. Well, took the car up to my cousins shop on saturday cause my brakes feel a little spongy. After doing some poking around, My wheel cylinders are leaking brake fluid, one of my calipers needs to be replaced, so I will be replacing both of them with new brake pads, and my driver side wheel bearing is starting to go bad. Thats just a few more things to add to the mess I already have.
H1Racing.com

jdrifter

jdrifter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Dang that sucks. At least you didn't give you a ticket. even though he couldn't. Ha you made a piggy confused. Pour piggy :pats the piggy on the head as he stubbles over his on feet to the doughnut shop: LOL Good luck with the head gasket though. And the exhaust looks great.

saijintrunks

saijintrunks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Dude, that was one bored pig. It is good he got confused, they need to think once in a while and hope it gets better for your car.
user posted image

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (saijintrunks @ Feb 1 2008, 02:21 AM)
Dude, that was one bored pig. It is good he got confused, they need to think once in a while and hope it gets better for your car.

Thanks guys, some cops are just to uptight. I had another cop pull me over before that,and the cop let me go. He just told me that he speeds too and that I should be more careful with me exhaust being as loud as it was. He didnt even check to see if I had an exhaust.

Well, I also have some updates, I had the wheel bearing replaced and changed my oil at my job. Now the car seems to run so much better, its easier to drive, and v-tec has a little more kick to it. I also had my cousin replace the wheel cylinders, so now its easier to stop. The caliper has to wait a little.
H1Racing.com

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
Well, I had the most messed up thing done today, at 1:00 a.m. I heard the sound of a racing motor and tires screeching. I get up and look out the window to see that my crx isnt where I had parked it. I went to another window to look for it, and realized that my car was missing. This really sucks, Im really scared to get the car back. Im so pissed. If they find the people who stole it, im suing.
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Dam man I am sorry to hear that... if I was there we would for sure be out looking for it. Fuck legal action, they took it illegally and I would get my retribution the same way. Keep ur head bro, dont let the scum bags get you down.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Feb 16 2008, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dam man I am sorry to hear that... if I was there we would for sure be out looking for it. Fuck legal action, they took it illegally and I would get my retribution the same way. Keep ur head bro, dont let the scum bags get you down.

Oh believe me, if the dumbassess are drivin around in my car, and I catch em, there will be broken knees. Ive gone thrue so much stuff over these two years that im at the breaking point. On the plus side, my parents are probably goin to pull out a loan to get my celica fixed.
H1Racing.com

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
Well, I figured id do a litlle b4 and after.
My car b4:

The pics are missing the slipstreams. I had 16" slipstreams on the front painted flatblack.

AFTER

Most of the interior was the same way as when I had it. I had replaced the rear speakers with rockford fosgate speakers, and left the front speakers. The dumbass'ss saw that my front speakers were blown, so they didnt bother to check the rears. That was the only thing I walked away with that day.

So heres of list of the things that were stolen:
Slipstream rims (x2 front)
Racing seat w/ weapon R harness
$80 radio
Blown ls vtec motor w/ burnt oil rings
b18 tranny w/axles
radiator with fan ziptied to it
autozone coolant bottle w/ a hole
2 1/4" custom exhaust
bad shift linkage w/short shifter
complete taillight assembly
hassport motor mounts
Armorall wipes
autozone tool box
registration and insurance papers
steel rims incl. spare steel rim.

Thats pretty much it. Good luck to whoever took that motor. Hopefully they get more fun out of it than I did. I did not wanna deal with the blown head/burnt rings combo.

H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Dam that sucks man, death to the theives who did that.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Mar 17 2008, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dam that sucks man, death to the theives who did that.

Yup, well, I say give about 2 days so everyone gets their 2cents in then close the thread. All up to you though.

H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Dam man, so you're 100% done with the CRX?

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Mar 18 2008, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dam man, so you're 100% done with the CRX?

Sadly, yes. No money to fix it, tow it, or to get it out. I just pulled my speakers and left. Its a sad end to car that ran like a man even with all the issues. Hopefully in the near future ill actually be able to have an actual project REX.
H1Racing.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users