Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Miguel aka RicerXs 91 Civic CRX

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
QUOTE (RicerX @ Oct 22 2007, 12:34 AM)
Thanks for the info. The wires came with the car, but im planning on putting MSD wires.

Its funny though, Ive driven past at least 12 cops since ive got the car and I havent been tailed or pulled over. I guess the car looks too junked for them to even care.

I would recommend getting stock/OEM honda wires. You don't need the MSD ones and they won't help anything without having an upgraded ignition system... And honda's have been known to run several hundred HP on stock wires/ignition system just fine.

Haha, it probably just looks too 'stock' for them. Just a stock daily beatnut to get you from point a to b.

Andrew

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Yup stock honda wires actually are some of the best plug wires made, the intake needs to go as well u need an intake tube and not just a filter hanging off the throttle body, the tube will stop the air turbulance that the filter creates and it will make more air velocity as it goes thru the bend.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Girls
QUOTE (mestizo @ Oct 22 2007, 04:30 PM)
Yup stock honda wires actually are some of the best plug wires made, the intake needs to go as well u need an intake tube and not just a filter hanging off the throttle body, the tube will stop the air turbulance that the filter creates and it will make more air velocity as it goes thru the bend.

A friend of mine literally told me the same thing today. Im going to get an intake, but what I have is temporary cuz the car was running open intake.
02 Toyota Celica GT (dead)
91 Honda CRX LS V-tec (will be missed)
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Yea that is a lot better than open air cuz dirt, leaves and bugs are no good!

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Oct 22 2007, 10:17 PM)
Yea that is a lot better than open air cuz dirt, leaves and bugs are no good!

Or dead rats!
H1Racing.com

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
QUOTE (RicerX @ Oct 22 2007, 11:08 PM)
Or dead rats!

You should stuff some rabid hampsters down the intake and go kill some ponies... chop.gif clap2.gif

mbounce.gif

Since I'm sure you didn't under stand that, it's an inside joke.

A good friend of ours up here (Ricky) had an EK Hatchback with a h22 and 100 shot of NOS. We were cruising up and down the local cruise spot and some mustang rolled up next to him and started talking shit.

The mustang asked, "How many hampsters that thing have?"

Ricky answered with the ender hooray.gif , "I've got hella hampsters... They've all got rabies... and eat ponies like yours all day excl.gif "

And then smoked the P.O.S. foxbody mustang.

ohmy.gif clap.gif laugh.gif

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
bow.gif Im forever in your debt now.
H1Racing.com

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
More good news, starting with bad news. Well, my car had started to run like a hot mess again. I took it to my cousins shop, and he re-gapped the plugs. Car runs good now. For the good news, I finished paying off my $2000 reduced to $600+ ticket. That means thatll be $125 a month going to rebuilding the celica and fixing the rex. clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif thumbsup.gif
As of now, my free man resolution is to not get another ticket for at least 2 years.
H1Racing.com

Copilot

Copilot

Wait... How old are you again?!

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
QUOTE (RicerX @ Oct 31 2007, 12:23 AM)
More good news, starting with bad news. Well, my car had started to run like a hot mess again. I took it to my cousins shop, and he re-gapped the plugs. Car runs good now. For the good news, I finished paying off my $2000 reduced to $600+ ticket. That means thatll be $125 a month going to rebuilding the celica and fixing the rex. clap.gif  clap.gif  clap.gif  clap.gif  thumbsup.gif 
As of now, my free man resolution is to not get another ticket for at least 2 years.

Good luck with that...everytime mine fall off i get another one!

00 RL Dumped on Type S wheels Stock as can be....
03 Hoe 4x4 on them stock 16s wit KnN intake and a magnaflow....HOTNESS

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (LGND2NV @ Nov 1 2007, 07:16 PM)
Good luck with that...everytime mine fall off i get another one!

Thanks, Ive been doing a good job lately, I know its not completely reliable, but ive been keeping a close eye on the radar detector, and managed to keep speeding to 5 miles over the limit.
H1Racing.com

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
Ok, so Ive been having starting issues, so I had the starter replaced. Ever since I dont have an overflow tank for the radiator, Ive been filling up the radiator with coolant once every 4/5 days. Today, I finally got sick of it and went to autozone and picked up a universal tank. It didn't take me long to install, but I ran into an isuue that there is air in the motor. I spent about an hour trying to bleed it out, but I dont think I got very far. All that happens is that I have a near full coolant resevoir, and air in the hose (its a clear hose). Ive decided that DIY isn't going to help me since I dont have the patince to hold the tank in the air as coolant slowly drips down, so ill be seeing my cousin tomorrow. Ill keep you guys updated.
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
The overflow bottle is simply that, it's there to catch overflowing coolant when the motor gets hot the coolant expands a bit and sometimes it expands enough push the spring on your radiator cap up and then go into the bottle. However under normal circumstances it should not do this, if you are having to fill the radiator every few days then you have a leak somewhere. If there are know visible spots where it is leaking then it is most likely 4 things...

1)your water pump is bad and it is leaking out the weap hole
2)your head gasket is blown and coolant is going into the oil passages or cylinders
3)you have a small crack in one of the hoses that only leaks when the system is hot
4)your radiator cap is bad and is letting coolant escape thru the overflow tube because its not holding pressure

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Nov 12 2007, 06:23 PM)
The overflow bottle is simply that, it's there to catch overflowing coolant when the motor gets hot the coolant expands a bit and sometimes it expands enough push the spring on your radiator cap up and then go into the bottle. However under normal circumstances it should not do this, if you are having to fill the radiator every few days then you have a leak somewhere. If there are know visible spots where it is leaking then it is most likely 4 things...

1)your water pump is bad and it is leaking out the weap hole
2)your head gasket is blown and coolant is going into the oil passages or cylinders
3)you have a small crack in one of the hoses that only leaks when the system is hot
4)your radiator cap is bad and is letting coolant escape thru the overflow tube because its not holding pressure

*Crossing fingers*

Here's to hoping it's not #2. (the simple and fast way to check for that is to do a block test with a chemical kit that detects exh gasses in the coolant - any competent engine mechanic should know what it is)

Andrew

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
No, I didnt have a catch tank before. I just bought a universal overflow tank, problem with it is that coolant goes into the tank, and just stays there.
H1Racing.com

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
Well, I have decided, since I got a ticket for modified exhaust (Im missing my muffler), my test pipe doesn't sit right with the headers (test pipe sits at an angle), and the pipe hits the control arm causing tremendous amounts of noise which is not only annoying, but very embarrasing, Im gonna get my exhaust custom welded at an exhaust shop. Im thinking of going free flowing cat with 2-1/4" piping, and 2-1/2" at the rear control arm for when I upgrade the 2-1/4" piping. Also, I recieved from work an american express gift card for $150. Ive decided that it will go to my new computer. Im currently stuck on the GSR ecu and the Del Sol ecu. One of my freinds told me that Ill get a check engine light, and v-tec wont activate if I use the GSR ecu.
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
If your going with a custom exhaust and you want the most out of that LS/V-tec motor for natural Aspiration then you want 2.5 mandrel bent from the back of the header all the way out. As for the ecu situation trust me if you get an OBD0 to OBD1 conversion with a p72 ecu it will run the motor right and there will not be any issue's with v-tec cross over. Since you do not have the stock GSR intake manifold it will throw a check light for the fact that is doesnt see the secondary butterflies, but that's all it will say nothing more. Right now the ecu you have is not running your motor right, so even if the gsr throws a check light it's still running the motor correctly. Just get a P28, a chip kit and Ill custom burn you a ROM for your setup. No check light, and no issue's.

The PW0 should be turning your v-tec on at 56-5700 and redline 81-8200, if it's not then it's bad. Redline is lower cuz of the valve train.

The P72 will turn the secondaries on at 4400 then v-tec at 56-57 and red line at 8100. I know this for a fact since I have run about 4 gsr ecu's in my time. Redline was set this way cuz of the shit ass R/S ratio the gsr has.

The P30 will go v-tec at 56-5700 then redline at 8500, again I know this for a fact since I have ran several jdm and usdm. The valve train issue's were solved which is why the redline is higher, that coupled with the fact the B16 has a near perfect R/S ratio is why it will go to 9k with zero issue's. <----verified by me for 4 years.

I have also run several chipped P28's, one chipped P72 and one chipped P30. All wer ecustomed tuned by me or chips that I bought from others, and again none of the pre done chips worked right, the stock ecu's ran better than the pre done chips. However my custom tuned ecu's ran better than anything else I ever had.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Dec 18 2007, 09:14 PM)
If your going with a custom exhaust and you want the most out of that LS/V-tec motor for natural Aspiration then you want 2.5 mandrel bent from the back of the header all the way out. As for the ecu situation trust me if you get an OBD0 to OBD1 conversion with a p72 ecu it will run the motor right and there will not be any issue's with v-tec cross over. Since you do not have the stock GSR intake manifold it will throw a check light for the fact that is doesnt see the secondary butterflies, but that's all it will say nothing more. Right now the ecu you have is not running your motor right, so even if the gsr throws a check light it's still running the motor correctly. Just get a P28, a chip kit and Ill custom burn you a ROM for your setup. No check light, and no issue's.

The PW0 should be turning your v-tec on at 56-5700 and redline 81-8200, if it's not then it's bad. Redline is lower cuz of the valve train.

The P72 will turn the secondaries on at 4400 then v-tec at 56-57 and red line at 8100. I know this for a fact since I have run about 4 gsr ecu's in my time. Redline was set this way cuz of the shit ass R/S ratio the gsr has.

The P30 will go v-tec at 56-5700 then redline at 8500, again I know this for a fact since I have ran several jdm and usdm. The valve train issue's were solved which is why the redline is higher, that coupled with the fact the B16 has a near perfect R/S ratio is why it will go to 9k with zero issue's. <----verified by me for 4 years.

I have also run several chipped P28's, one chipped P72 and one chipped P30. All wer ecustomed tuned by me or chips that I bought from others, and again none of the pre done chips worked right, the stock ecu's ran better than the pre done chips. However my custom tuned ecu's ran better than anything else I ever had.

As for the custom exhaust, Im going 2-1/4" piping because of my ticket. I believe the piping I have in there already is 2.5. It just doesnt fit the headers correctly, and there is no muffler. My cousin is going to hook me up with the conversion harness hopefully this weekend. Also, I believe he has either a type-r or gsr intake manifold. Ill try to get that from him next check. Ive decided that ima go with the GSR comp for sure. I just cant believe that all this stuff is actually going to happen soon, as opposed to me saying something and waiting 8months for it to happen. Also, I manage to sell the fender from my other car, so itll be a lil extra money in my wallet.
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
If your head is a B16 (PR3 stamp) then the GSR intake manifold wont fit but the type r manifold will. THe easiest solution to run your motor right is just a conversion harness and one of DOHC V-tec ecu's i was talking about. Otherwise just get a P28 and a $30 chip kit and we can do a custom rom.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Dec 19 2007, 05:40 PM)
If your head is a B16 (PR3 stamp) then the GSR intake manifold wont fit but the type r manifold will. THe easiest solution to run your motor right is just a conversion harness and one of DOHC V-tec ecu's i was talking about. Otherwise just get a P28 and a $30 chip kit and we can do a custom rom.

I was mistaken, it is a type-r manifold.
H1Racing.com

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
Good news! ive got the GSR ecu ordered, bad news is that some guy got to the shop a second before me and bought the conversion harness before I could. Ironically he also had a crx. Oh well, Ill have em order me another. Either way id have to wait for more income to install it, so I may just pick up the type-r intake manifold.
H1Racing.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users