Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mestizo's 92 Nissan 240SX Coupe Build Thread

• Please log in to reply
527 replies to this topic

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:WOMEN & CARS what else is there
QUOTE (assassin10000 @ Feb 22 2011, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ballin'

Andrew

Hey Andrew why you cryin??? lol jk

Looks good Rob!!!

sololock

sololock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
love the build, does your painter offer services? i need my coupe sprayed.
i wish i could be there learning from the people that do it best. Jonnie's is a beast with that welder

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (sololock @ Feb 22 2011, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
love the build, does your painter offer services? i need my coupe sprayed.
i wish i could be there learning from the people that do it best. Jonnie's is a beast with that welder

Yes Jason does offer his services for a price... that price is for real paint, not a Maaco or Earl Shcieb job. So just a heads up dont expect it to be like $399 or something like that lol. Hit him up on here his screen name is SilentJ95835.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Sorry i have been lagging on posting pics... I just have been kinda busy with other stuff.

Anyways on to the good stuff.

Got the interior cleaned and painted.

Jason buffing the car and Jon installing some brace goodness.

Jon gave me his old brown cracked dash so I wouldn't have to cut my mint HUD dash up. Here you can see the cleaned and prepped dash ready to get some SEM black paint.

Bad pic cuz of floating dust. But this is how she sits as of right now.

New tire stack! Only cost me $700... Um yea just a lil sarcasm there lol. Falken Azenis 615k and federal 595's.

sololock

sololock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Ohhhh my thumbsup.gif

Copilot

Copilot

Wait... How old are you again?!

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
The time has come!!!! cool.gif

00 RL Dumped on Type S wheels Stock as can be....
03 Hoe 4x4 on them stock 16s wit KnN intake and a magnaflow....HOTNESS

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
After Pro Am update!

I have been working like mad on the car to get it ready for yesterday's Pro Am comp. pretty much didn't leave my house from friday night til tuesday night cuz I was working ont he car the entire time. But its all good, everything got done, the car looks and drives fantastic!

My Pro Am results were decent and I am happy with what I got for driving basically a new setup and a new course. I qualified 8th and then ended up with 13th place in the championship points after spinning both times in my tandem runs. The spins ended up being my clutch finally going out on me. After 3 years of abuse, im ok with that! lmao Basically what it was doing was slipping when I was hard on the throttle. So instead of getting full throttle like I wanted I was getting like half the power, this in turn caused me to spin because it was as if I was completely letting off the gas and catching traction at the wrong time. O well time for a new clutch.

Anyways I didn't take as many pics as usual cuz I was in such a rush to finish the car. But at least there a few to look at.

New ANL fuse holder.

Main cutoff switch on the bottom right of the cowl per Formula Drift rules.

Gauge cluster work. I gutted my dead HUD cluster, cut up a peice of aluminum to fit the face of it and then cut some holes to drop my STRI gauges in.

Main fuse panel installation.

Main switch panel installation.

Almost complete dash and wiring setup.

Finished Switch and Fuse Panel.

Finished gauge cluster.

Jon fabbed up some mounts to put my stock windows back in the car... this way I can keep water out when it rains.

Here are some for fun pics... this shows you how much lower we got my seating position from the last time we lowered it.

Here is how much Jon's head sticks out above the window sill while sitting in my seat. LMAO

This was last pic i took before I gave up taking pics haha.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Some more media for everyone.

Geoff took a pic of my car and posted it here Life-Blasters.com

Also Wes snapped a good pic of my car while the bumper was off.

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
What a day! Great weather, Car ran awesome, figured out the new track and the basicly new car, nothing got real broke.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Seriously it was a great day, despite me spinning in my tandem runs a lot was accomplished!

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Some more media...

OMGDrift.com

Here are some shots that Lee took...

Copilot

Copilot

Wait... How old are you again?!

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
Good shit!!! Glad eveerything worked out, an gave someone an eye opening expereince!!! bananadance.gif

00 RL Dumped on Type S wheels Stock as can be....
03 Hoe 4x4 on them stock 16s wit KnN intake and a magnaflow....HOTNESS

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Again more media from this event!

Article at ===> Fittedlife.com

This pic came from the Thunderdrift.com Facebook page.

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
LOL. Except that last one isn't you...

Andrew

Dkslong

Dkslong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:Drifting,Skateboarding,touge,music,reading books,and bboying
Wow the s13 has coooome a looong way well I got aR32 gts-t with a sunroof that was purple but I had to get rid of it you guys will be surprised on what car I chose for my plant to stick with due to my house having 1 parking spot all I can say its 4 door lol btw I started a blog.BIG ups my friend on your car.I hope you make formula D btw I started a blog http://kenlabostrie.blogspot.com/

Btw Rob that orange is sweet going for that orgin look eh? Btw all is fine here in earthquake land well I hope since I live 300 miles from the damn nuke plant>< soo im hoping it doesnt explode.Btw ebisu is in the danger zone I think but its still open for drifting??? Lmao

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Thanks Ken! Sorry I actually meant to ask how you were doing after the earthquake happened, but I have been super busy and managed to forget. I'm glad to hear ur ok and hopefully like u said they get that power plant under control.

Also there is nothing wrong with 4 door love! hahaha if I could get one over here I would love to have a Chaser or an R34 4 door!

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
SO I have been lacking on the updates... here it is almost the next round and I have not even made a post about the last round.

To sum it up, I did good despite being on a new setup yet again with no alignment, but in the end I took myself out by getting too far out into the dirt and going off during my "One More Time" run with Andy Hately. During the off course I bent my inner tie rods so for this round I picked up Ikeya Formula Inner rods.

Getting back to what I did before the last round, I replaced the clutch and Jon and I finally got around to making a new rear bumper support.

Exedy Stage 1 clutch kit.

Got the car in the air and dropped the tranny.

lol my OEM exedy did its job well, 3 years and countless clutch kicks.

Um yea... a few heat spots hahaha.

Resurfaced stock flywheel.

Back in and ready to go.

When i took off my rear bumper i found some mud left over from Round 2 2010.

Yes it took a hammer and a chisel to get all this mud out... there had to have been almost 10lbs of dry mud.

New rear bumper support...

Adding the jacking point.

Final fitment check.

All done with the tow strap in place.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Here is a pic of me leading Andy Hately.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Post Round 3 update...

Well another Round and I am still re-learning my car yet again. Jon and I managed to get the car aligned the right way. The whole time I thought I had somewhat close to an ideal alignment, I was actually way off. So this whole round i was out there trying to get used to the new alignment settings, if I had more time i would have figured out the entry to this particular course but I did the best i could in the amount of time i had.

The camber in front was at -1 degree and the rear was at -3.5 degrees. Meanwhile the the passenger side rear wheel had 10mm toe in while the drivers side had 3mm toe in. Needless to say this is way off of what I thought it was.

Last round I bent my moog inner tie rod so I opted for some Ikeya Formula inner tie rods, then Jon fabbed up some adjustable boxes to raise/level my car in my garage. Once it's level we can set camber and ride height with ease, it also allows us to adjust the suspension links with ease since the car is about 10 inches off the ground.

Once the camber was out of the way we string aligned off the center points of the car and got the toe dialed in.

Ikeya Formula inner tie rods

String alignment

Some pics from the comp, here I am trying to learn that backwards entry trick.

Here I am following Jason Bostrom.

Me leading Joe McGuigan.

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:WOMEN &amp; CARS what else is there
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jul 11 2011, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me leading Joe McGuigan.

I like the rear wheels...SEXY wink.gif