Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

LPG conversion??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

sololock

sololock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
was reading online and came across the topic of doing a LPG conversions.
RB20 (or what ever) + propane gas = Alternative Fueled Emissions compliant engine swap
smog it once and do and emission test with propane get the BAR referee sticker slap it in the engine bay and return to regular gas.
cops wont know what to do.

i know its not as easy as it seems but realistically you can drive around without worring about
mr dick head cop and giving you a ref.
I also believe this will make your car smog exemption forever
and b/c the car will be smog/carb exempt, it is therefore emissions compliant regardless of what turbo.
so pay the price for the LPG conversion , smog, get bar sticker, return back to regular gas, and be good?

what do you guys think?

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
I thought about doing this prolly 7 years ago, it will work and has worked. But even tho you have a bar sticker cops can and will still give you a ref ticket. You will have to convert your car back to LPG, go to the ref and pass and also go to court to fight it. To me if I still have to go through all that hassle its not worth it. If you want to really drive your car on the street then this will be you best bet, otherwise non-op it or just drive it the least you can.

Also, nice sig pic!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users