Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Negative Camber

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

s13kouki

s13kouki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
so whats up guys i heard running neg camber up front is good for drifting but how much Neg camber is a good amount?

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Aligment setting is usually a matter of personal preference, but when your still learning some settings will get thru until you get good enough that you feel you need to make changes to learn more or for a particular track setup.

With that being said u should prolly run your front about -3.5 to -4.5 degrees of camber and your rear about -1 degree of camber. Toe should be set after your ride height and camber have already been set, this is because camber and ride hieght will affect final toe settings. Your toe should be set at 0 all the way around or as close as you can get it for now.

s13kouki

s13kouki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hmm i get you now so im guna set the front camber then mayby rear after that go to alignment shop and ask them to set my toe for the camber settings i have and they should do it

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Oct 22 2009, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aligment setting is usually a matter of personal preference, but when your still learning some settings will get thru until you get good enough that you feel you need to make changes to learn more or for a particular track setup.

With that being said u should prolly run your front about -3.5 to -4.5 degrees of camber and your rear about -1 degree of camber. Toe should be set after your ride height and camber have already been set, this is because camber and ride hieght will affect final toe settings. Your toe should be set at 0 all the way around or as close as you can get it for now.

You sure you didn't mean 2.5-3.5 degree's of camber? 4.5 is quite a bit unless your having fitment issues...

Andrew

s13kouki

s13kouki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i set mine today to 1.5 for front camber ill try that for a bit...and you guys running preload on your coilovers cause my rear has a 1 finger gap from tire to panel and when i jack my car up the gap gets about 2.5 inches of gap and i think i need to run more preload to be stiffer

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
QUOTE (s13kouki @ Oct 23 2009, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i set mine today to 1.5 for front camber ill try that for a bit...and you guys running preload on your coilovers cause my rear has a 1 finger gap from tire to panel and when i jack my car up the gap gets about 2.5 inches of gap and i think i need to run more preload to be stiffer

No preload necessary on linear rate coilover springs. Mine's preloaded 1mm, or just enough to 'capture' the spring so it doesn't fall off the perches when the suspension is at full droop.

Andrew

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (assassin10000 @ Oct 23 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You sure you didn't mean 2.5-3.5 degree's of camber? 4.5 is quite a bit unless your having fitment issues...

Andrew

Lots of S Chassis guys are running more negative camber up front now, but mine is still at -3.5. To be honest anything less than 2.5 is not enough in the front especially when you are at full lock.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users