Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

CEL 15 and 34, after 5 speed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

sololock

sololock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
and once again ANOTHER problem has came up.
did a 5 speed swap got a CEL of 55-everything good. clear the code.
go get something to eat CEL comes on again. Run the codes get:

15 - Mixture ratio is too lean despite feedback control; fuel injector clogged
and
34 - Detonation (Knock) Sensor

If i fix the injector problem will the knock sensor code go away or is is just bad?
Also when pulling the spark plugs to see what injector i needed they all dropped in rpm so i dont know
what one to change.
Also im guessing this is from the injector and ecu retarding the timing but when in N and i give it some gas it sputters so my timing off now?

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
The knock code won't make the CEL come on but it will store a code in the ECU this is cuz it's not emission's related so the other problem is what made the CEL come on. If u pulled the plug wires and it ran the same on all cylinders sounds like either all the injectors are going bad (which I would say they wouldn't all go bad at once) or it's some other fuel starvation issue or the O2 sensor has gotten super lazy and is reporting the car is lean when it's actually ok.

sololock

sololock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Feb 9 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The knock code won't make the CEL come on but it will store a code in the ECU this is cuz it's not emission's related so the other problem is what made the CEL come on. If u pulled the plug wires and it ran the same on all cylinders sounds like either all the injectors are going bad (which I would say they wouldn't all go bad at once) or it's some other fuel starvation issue or the O2 sensor has gotten super lazy and is reporting the car is lean when it's actually ok.
thumbsup.gif
all these problems are making me want to sell my car. its already on CL.
Would you say im able to drive still or no?
i need to get to work and school.
i plan on buying a new 02 sensor and all 4 injectors on friday when i get paid.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
I don't see why you couldnt drive it just be nice to it that's all. Get the O2 before the injectors, change it out and then clear the codes. See if the code comes back before you get injectors, you could also look into a new fuel filter and/or fuel pump.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users