Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Just Droo's Zenki S14 Build Thread

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
J, you're the man. The pics look awesome. On those skirts, is there a possibility we could cut them down to fit? I was thinking about making the cut right where the skirts start to curve upward by the door hinges. Doable? Or a total pain in the ass?

silentj95835

silentj95835

I can't make up my mind!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
yeah cutting them down is not going to work either. they do not fit the body lines very well at all. if i cut to fit i would have to add more material or cut more from somewhere else. the plastic repair kit to bond the cut peices is about $50.00 plus any other materials which would be about $120 total just for materials. it would take me a good 8+ hours to cut, mold and fit the pieces. you would be better off buying the skirts that fit that car. Rob and Andrew came by saturday night as i was finishing up body work at 11pm that night and saw the skirts too. they basically touch front tire to back tire. hella long. lol.

Paint pics from my photobucket:
parts
fun stuff
customers parts
complete cars: Jesse James, Drew, Mestizo's and my cars

http://s201.photobuc...8/SILENTJ95835/

silentj95835

silentj95835

I can't make up my mind!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
Finally got some primer down on the hood and quarter that i have been working on so much.

quarter lower dent

primed quarter 1st coat

primed quarter 2nd coat and guide coated

Hood ready for primer

1st coat primer

2nd coat primer and guide coat

parts
fun stuff
customers parts

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
Goodness Jay!! That is some awesome work!

silentj95835

silentj95835

I can't make up my mind!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
Thanks Jon

taking a lil bit longer than id hoped with the car not being drivable to the shop where i can work on more freely. but im please with how everything has turned out. Definately been spending more time perfecting my blocking skills. i will try to post some more pics after i do more work on thursday.

parts
fun stuff
customers parts

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
OMG! That's awesome. Sooooo awesome. Friday of next week I will be able to get the tags and shit. I know you wont be back until the 12th, but at least everything will be legit.

silentj95835

silentj95835

I can't make up my mind!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
NO worries man im slowly plugging away at this thing as much as i can every night. ill be spending more time on my day tomorrow.

parts
fun stuff
customers parts

silentj95835

silentj95835

I can't make up my mind!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
Droo's shit is ready to go. let him take it away and then bring it back to me for the paint in a week or two.

taped and ready for primer.

Guide coated and assembled: thumbsup.gif

parts
fun stuff
customers parts

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Looks good... funny part is my car was finished being primered before Drews car was lol. thumbsup.gif

silentj95835

silentj95835

I can't make up my mind!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
lol yeah i know. your car was alot straighter than droos and i could run the compressor and sander non stop at your house. damn home owners associatiion. People !!!! dont ever move into a neighborhood that has one of those. they suck and bitch at everything.

parts
fun stuff
customers parts

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Day 460: Drove the car a couple of times around the neighborhood. cleaned the windows. drooling over wheels and KTS coils.

Big hold up: the nismoshop is holding my speed sensor hostage. I ordered my parts on the 12th and got an email saying they are on back order (3 days). 8 days later no news. WTF!

Also, wheels debate...currently in favor of MB Battles 18x9 +17 offset in bronze

Or, just saw a small pic in the newest wheel and tire guide on newstands now of the Velox Phoenix Project TR-1's. I almost crapped myself they are so tight. I am in pursuit of the info from Velox. No online pics found.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
The battle's look good on S14's IMO, but the draw back to that is alot of people have these wheels now. I was gonna rock the battle's too but then I found the new rear wheel drive size/offset Drag DR-31's and went with those. Only problem I see with going with that size is the price of tires... it goes up quite a bit when you leave the land of 17's. Also you tend to break tie rod ends with 18's up front, but if you're not gonna slide this all the time then you should be ok.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Ooh really? This is valuable info. I figured the tire cost would go up quite a bit, so there's that, but I did not know about the tie rod issue. If those TR-1's are a decent price, I'll figure out a way to pay for it all.

I don't see a whole lot of people with the Battles in that offset or at least in this area. First things first, coils.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Day 469:

Got my special package from West Covina (thenismoshop.com) including my S14 MT speed sensor, gear pinion, and clip. $150 shipped. Installed this after noon. Now, down a pint of gear oil which is currently residing on my t-shirt and LSU hat. Gonna hop in the car now and first check it's working condition of the speedo, and then reset the ECU; see if my orange friend goes away. Wish me luck. Keep ya posted.

The Nismo Shop - Speed Sensor M/T

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
lol yea if you remove the VSS it will spill gear oil out of the tranny since it faces' the ground. Bad part about that is your tranny has expensive gear oil in it... I know I was there when Jon bought it and I was the one who originally put it in. U should have half a quart still cuz the tranny only takes 2.5 qts to fill.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jun 29 2009, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol yea if you remove the VSS it will spill gear oil out of the tranny since it faces' the ground. Bad part about that is your tranny has expensive gear oil in it... I know I was there when Jon bought it and I was the one who originally put it in. U should have half a quart still cuz the tranny only takes 2.5 qts to fill.

I'm hoping I have more than half a quart left. What kind was it exactly? I'll buy and fill it back up in the next few days.

*Update*

Now throwing DTC P1445 - EVAP canister purge volume control valve (faulty or shorting out). Either way I decide to sort this out, I probably need to pull the intake manifold and check the harnesses and the solenoid itself to make sure it's not stuck open. Contacted the parts department at Courtesy Nissan in Texas, yeah Texas. Their diagrams and pricing are decent but their SKU #'s are not complete. I am contemplating pulling the intake manifold this week to troubleshoot and completely replace if no fix if found. Total replacement could be anywhere from $174 - $255 depending on the deference between two exact sku's on the diagram.

Let's all say a prayer for a corroded harness or something small.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
It's Redline MTL.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jun 29 2009, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's Redline MTL.
expensive but good shit!

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Day 491:

Jon is the man. Plain and simple.

To give you a little background he and I pulled apart the fuel and vacuum lines on my '96 14, and if you have a 96 with a CEL, fucking sell or trade that shit. OMG! What a pain the ass this has been. Pics are soon to come. Anyways, after removing the upper radiator hose, vacuum lines, fuel lines, and wiring harnesses. We traced back the DTC 1445 code to the EVAP purge volume control valve itself. No shorts in the ECU or any of the looms running to or from the engine bay. We still haven't been unable to remove the upper intake manifold from the lower. If you are attempting such a feat, pull the motor, you'll thank me later.

So, I went to Nissan today to get the correct pricing on the EVAP PVCV, and the list is $314, I almost choked and fucked died right in the Nissan showroom. The Bill, being a drifter's advocate, took a hundred bucks off because of some earlier confusion. They have the valve in stock, and after telling Jon this, he finds one from some cat in ATL for $35 shipped. I paid my whopping $4 for the injector insulation ring, which is just a rubber washer that the injector plugs into snuggly while in the head.

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
Yes Yes...if we had only known about this little pain in the ass when we had the motor out.
We do still have our fingers crossed that the valve on the way is good. Suposedly these valves never go bad that is why they bury them in the manifold...yeah right.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users