Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Someone tell me...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:WOMEN & CARS what else is there
...we cant get a lil lot much like this one and do as they do???

I am sure we could have some fun!!!

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Because we live in Northern California.... all the government up here wants us to do is sit in our homes, pay taxes and do nothing else.

rxm6

rxm6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
QUOTE (InfamousJesseJames @ Feb 8 2011, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...we cant get a lil lot much like this one and do as they do???

I am sure we could have some fun!!!

I've looked into this. It's legal as long as someone doesn't have legitimate complaint about it, i.e. noise complaint near homes, the owner of the property agrees to it, and it's unable to be accessed readily by the public, i.e. fenced and not on public road ways.

I've actually asked the fair grounds about using their parking lot for an autox event when I used to be into that. They said no problem, but they wanted an arm and a leg to rent and it didn't justify the cost.

Additionally, we needed to have waivers and insurance. It got to be very expensive. However, if someone had a lot and they agreed to let a small group of people use it then there is no problem.

Legally, however, the owner of the property is responsible if anyone gets hurt or any property damage and the individuals can sue the property owner if something happens. Thus, it's a slippery slope getting something together like this and it probably won't happen unless its a small close-knit group of guys who trust each other enough not to sue their friends.

*sigh*

As a small example, there is this Nissan/Infiniti meet in Fremont in May every year and, generally speaking, it's a medium-caliber event, sponsers, dyno, track-cars trailered in, etc. The year before I went, from what I hear, a kid was trying to drift on the road leading to the event and he smacked into a tree. (another 240 bit the dust) So, obviously, a lot of unwanted police attention came down on the event and it almost didn't happen the year I went. A lot of people were upset because all the people that come to this event are pretty chill guys with clean rides just into doing what normal people do at a car show/gathering. So, moral of the story, it just takes one 240 to ruin the party...j/k, but you get my point.

Sorry for the long-winded response, but i was finally able to contribute something on here.

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:WOMEN &amp; CARS what else is there
Yeah it just sucks we dont have more venues to choose from up here so it wouldnt be so damn expensive!!!

Dkslong

Dkslong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:Drifting,Skateboarding,touge,music,reading books,and bboying
LETS BUILD A COURSE LIKE EBISU IN THE USA LMAO sorry all caps got excited lol

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (Dkslong @ Apr 12 2011, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS BUILD A COURSE LIKE EBISU IN THE USA LMAO sorry all caps got excited lol

I would love if someone did that! But in Cali it's not likely.

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:WOMEN &amp; CARS what else is there
yeah we need to move LMAO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users