Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

mestizo's 1995 S14 240SX

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
I got my Drag's from 88rotors on Zilvia. A1 Jordan is selling them if i remember right however they are a lil more than what 88 rotors charges. My wheel specs are 17x9 +17 with 225/45's.

Dkslong

Dkslong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:Drifting,Skateboarding,touge,music,reading books,and bboying
another work of art that is one sexy s14^^

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (Dkslong @ Jun 15 2009, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
another work of art that is one sexy s14^^

Thanks man! It's come along way from the almost bare shell I brought home lol.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Ok, so I am freaking happy as shit right now cuz the car ran and drove today! I hadn't planned on it being ready to drive but it ended up that way. Jon came by today and we managed to grab the few remaining parts I needed to get it running. The car isn't done yet but at least now I know the motor/trans run good. Anyways I was lacking on the pics cuz I was too hype on getting the car finished.

Picked up a Shuriken small battery since it was the same price as buying regular size battery.

Engine compartment just about all finished up.

Interior is still a mess, for the moment my Corbeau seat from my S13 is in here.

Some pics that Jon took with his phone when we went to fill the car up with gas during it's first test drive today.

Back home after the test drive and it's final ride height.

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
F'n A man!

clap2.gif

mbounce.gif

Andrew

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
FUckin SWEET!!!!!! I see Brandon was there too. Eh hard to believe that was my old car.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (Sideways~S14 @ Jun 20 2009, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FUckin SWEET!!!!!! I see Brandon was there too. Eh hard to believe that was my old car.

Yea it was funny cuz I was trying to be on the low low since the car isn't reg'ed or insured, so I was like I wonder if I can make it to the gas station and back without getting pulled over or any of the Antelope kids seeing me. Well oviously that last part didn't work, I no more than pulled in the gas station and then Brandon pulled in haha. But at least I didn't get pulled over.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Looks good man. Really really good.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (Just Droo @ Jun 20 2009, 02:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks good man. Really really good.

Thanks bro!

WOOOOOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My car has A/C agian! hahaha Jason and his buddy Adam came by today with Adam's vacuum pump and A/C manifold set. We vacuumed the system and then let it sit for over an hour, the needle didn't budge so at that point we pretty much new the system didn't have any leaks. Then I connected some refrigerant cans I bought from Kragen to the manifold set and charged her up. Man that shit blows COLD! So yea I am pretty happy now cuz I have been driving it around in the heat for over a week now.

Also I managed to put 300+ miles on the car with no major issues or problems other than a CEL for the CPS which is prolly my fault for putting too think of a spacer washer on the CPS. So I'll prolly take a look at that this weekend, once I get that CEL to go away I can finally smog the car and finish up my registration.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
I got the CEL acronym, but CPS? Yeah, that's why when you asked me about retaining A/C in my 14, I was like, "Yeah, gonnna need that." I also need to check my EVAP harnesses and hope to god they relieve my CEL.

p.s. Heard they may be pool going on how soon you get pulled over.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (Just Droo @ Jul 3 2009, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
p.s. Heard they may be pool going on how soon you get pulled over.

hahaha a pool huh? I been driving it around for over a week now and cops have seen me hella times, not one of them has bothered me at all! Oh and CPS stands for crank position sensor, as for the a/c in your car it made it way harder to swap the motor in and out is why I wanted to remove it. But then again ur car was supossed to a weekend car not the daily it ended up being.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
If there is a pool going on i want in hahaha

Dkslong

Dkslong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:Drifting,Skateboarding,touge,music,reading books,and bboying
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jun 20 2009, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea it was funny cuz I was trying to be on the low low since the car isn't reg'ed or insured, so I was like I wonder if I can make it to the gas station and back without getting pulled over or any of the Antelope kids seeing me. Well oviously that last part didn't work, I no more than pulled in the gas station and then Brandon pulled in haha. But at least I didn't get pulled over.

Antelope kids?????????? whats that?

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (Dkslong @ Jul 12 2009, 05:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Antelope kids?????????? whats that?

I live in an area called Antelope, there are a lot kids in this area that slide.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Yeah, I've decided to make it a daily...but a fun one at that.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Well it's been a minute since I updated this thread, mainly because the car was pretty much done except for a few small things. Anyways for a while now I have wanted an OEM metal front on my car since it's a daily and not a drift machine, well today I traded my hood and fenders for real Nissan parts! No pics yet but hopefully this week I'll get some primer on them and get it all back together.

Maybe paint in the spring time... dunno yet but I'm hoping for full completion by summer 2010.

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:WOMEN &amp; CARS what else is there
Awesome....yeah if your stuff was a zenkie I would have traded you a long time ago...lol. But yeah it would be nice to see that thing all painted. But you know how our "PAINT GUY" is...always behind the game...lol. I am still waiting on my car to be primered. lol

But anyways good shit!!!

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Ok so here are the pics of the metal front end parts. I know it doesn't look much different in the pics but I think it looks cleaner without the vented fenders. I left the hood black for now cuz there are couple dents that need to be fixed before Jason can prime it so we just painted the fenders for now.

Jason working on the fenders.

Scuffed and ready for primer, these fenders were in great shape.

Getting painted.

All done and back together, I finally put my JDM Kouki grille in.

Alignment/fitment pics.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Oh fuck yes much cleaner!

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net