Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Doug's S14

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Well there is nothing to lock that tab to, so it's really doing anything by being there. However it may slide on the steering rack and cause it to bind so I would say pull it off. Just pull the dust boot back and then use a pair of tin snips and cut it off so you don't have to remove the tie rod again.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
Alright Cool Thanks Rob!

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Today I got some more little stuff Main this I need to Thanks Rob For linking me to this hub. So now my 5 Lug is complete! Also I took my friend Raheem to get a radiator support from enrique and ended up leaving with a stock shift knob! lol I have always wanted one but never found one and added it to my collection oh yea pics!

Oh someone tell me wth that tab is lol

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
THe tab on the 5 lug hub is for an ABS sensor.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Ah ok so is it gonna matter what way its facing when i put it on?

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
On my S14 I pointed the tabs up, if I remember right they can only go one way tho.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Well I got pics off my camera. Wasn't much but oh well not much to putting a hub and caliper on haha.

Bad Hub and Caliper

Good Hub and Caliper

Everything put back together smile.gif

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Also I got a confirmed tow up to Thunderhill For the 20th So It should be sliding soon smile.gif

bikerskater

bikerskater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
actually i lied im not going to tow you up there lol jk

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Heres just a pic of how she sits/looks now

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
QUOTE (Sideways~S14 @ Dec 6 2008, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heres just a pic of how she sits/looks now

Remember do at least one thing on your car every day...Thunder hill is getting close.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
QUOTE (Jonnie Fraz @ Dec 7 2008, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remember do at least one thing on your car every day...Thunder hill is getting close.
I've made my final decision im not going to be participating in the event. I know I really would like too, but I feel it puts too much stress to finish my car. The soonest It will be done is probably maybe day before. I dont wanna just throw a car on the track that I have never even driven except onto a trailer but I am still working on it due to the city i wanna make it look nicer atleast and start to clean out my garage. Im Hoping I can maybe cop a ride with Rob up at T-Hills on saturday so im not completely bummed and get to go sideways haha. But I still will be up at the track both days to be a supportive person!! rolleyes.gif

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Well at least you're learning and not trying to rush thru things any more. Yea just get the outside of the car done asap so it will look like it runs, maybe then the city will get off ur ass about it.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Update! Got my diff welded by John(Stealth Custom Fab). Also I got my nismo motor mounts in the mail from the nismo shop! YAY Pics!

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Got this last night not like i need it but couldn't pass it up thumbsup.gif

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Well Im finally gettin off my lazy ass and doin some more work wasn't much just trying to find the motivation to get to work on it again. But just to see if I could get myself jump started on it I put my nismo motor mounts on and removed my oil pan not sure if my motor is very clean but got to see in it witch was cool to me! Also anyone got any reccomendations on what to reseal it with since the point was to get it to stop leaking. Heres some pics smile.gif

Nismo Mount Feels good on the motor found out one of my stock mounts was broke too haha smile.gif

Those brackets for the bell housing removed

Inside the awesome KA24DE wooo

Oil Pan smile.gif

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Scrap all the old gasket material/sealer off, get a new gasket and some Permatex ultra blue or copper sealant and put it all back together. Make sure you tq to right values and in the right sequence per the fsm.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Update my car is frozen! But I did put my diff back together!

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Well did a decent amount of work today I took my old tail lights out. Put my red 14's tail lights in. Removed the tension rod brace from my red 14 removed right side tension rod bracket but left is still in and i didnt get to take my right lca off but there all just held in by one bolt. I would of finished those but I don't have my 17mm open end wrench cause it was in Raheems car when it got stolen. So I have to go buy a new one to finish or bug raheem to buy me another. But heres some pictures.

Tailights out

New Tail Lights in With trunk down

Johns Brace Taken out Cleaned up and another coat of paint put on

Right Bracket taken out If Only I had the left too lol

Lca Almost Off But also Rob or Andrew you got any Ideas for that pivot ball the threads at the top are jacked anyways to fix it rethread it or something?

Also For Christmas I got some Tein Z33 Inner Tie Rods From SPL I Still need tie rod ends but this helps I see too many people bend/break stock ones so Ill eliminate the problem right off the bat I sold the steering angle spacers since I already have my powered by max ones though

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
If the threads on the ball joint are messed up the only 2 things to do is to get a dye that is the right thread pitch and size to clean up the threads or just go buy a new ball joint and replace the messed up one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users