Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Andrew's AE86 #2

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
I'm going to start a running post detailing some of my progress on tearing down my first 86. And once that's complete a detailed worklog/pictorial on doing a SR-5 to GT-S swap on the new shell.

Here's a few teaser pics of the new shell:

And the beginning of the teardown:

Hood, hatch, tail lights, license plates, radiator, fans, fan controller, battery, ground cables, H.I.D. and MAF sensor with K&N FIPK.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Heathen! It has begun! Again lol. emthup.gif Maybe this time i wont forget to tighten the motor mounts when we swap the motor.

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jan 9 2007, 07:41 AM)
Heathen! It has begun! Again lol. emthup.gif  Maybe this time i wont forget to tighten the motor mounts when we swap the motor.

Or leave the fuel line loose....

BTW, this is not just a rebuild. But an UPGRADE as this car has no sunroof which = more helmet room!!! Thankfully, because the first car with a helmet on was cramped, it rode against the headliner and was somewhat uncomfortable by the end of an event.

(atleast calling it an upgrade makes me feel a little better... axe.gif )

BTW: if you have any free time an extra hand would be nice emthup.gif

Andrew

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (assassin10000 @ Jan 9 2007, 10:13 AM)
Or leave the fuel line loose....

BTW: if you have any free time an extra hand would be nice  emthup.gif

Andrew

LOL the fuel line was all you bro, i was the one who went under the car to tighten it up after it got fuel everywhere. Also you know im down to help man all u gotta do is let me know when.

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
A little more progress today, got the motor, trans, x-member, fenders, bumper, headlight assemblies off.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Indeed more progress today! Dam it was cold tho once it started getting later in the day, o well we can start earlier tomorrow and knock out the other motor in the new shell! emthup.gif

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Ok so more updates on Andrew's project. Today we got the front off the new shell, pulled the motor/tranny and put a better set of doors on it. Since my camera was used the pics will be posted by me.

Dirty ass engine bay, due mainly to the fact that the shell sat for a long time in someone's back yard.

Hood and head lights off.

Fenders off and wiring harness, a/c lines, coolant hoses being removed.

Drivers door removed.

More stuff removed.

Ready to be pulled.

Jacked up passenger door which will be off soon.

Junk pile, small at the moment but will soon get a lot larger.

Jahi likes to take pics when people are not expecting it so this is me being picture raped!

Cherry picker goes in!

Jahi takes a pic of himself, i think he is a lil vain.

Cherry picker comes out.

More picture rape by Jahi, this time he got both Andrew and I.

Empty bay begging for a GTS motor.

Gts passenger door left over from Andrews first Gts swap, lol this was supossed to be already on his wrecked AE86 but he never got around to putting it on. Good thing I guess since it was used on the new shell.

Man this thing was trashed on the inside. But luckily a lot of parts from the wrecked car are still in good shape, we should be able to make one complete car when this all said and done.

Gts passenger door installed.

Old car's driver door installed onto the new shell.

Once again Jahi picture rapes me, I am using a broom to clean out all the cob webs, leaves, twigs and dirt from the engine bay.

Sun is going down it's getting cold! Anyways this is at the end of the day, we are lining things up and putting away parts/tools.

This is a sad sight, but the old shell and it's parts will bring new life to another AE86.

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Can you zip and email me the unedited pictures?

Andrew

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Will ur email take a 15mb zip file?

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jan 15 2007, 06:28 PM)
Will ur email take a 15mb zip file?

I think it will, if not I'll bring over a dongle.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Girls
well, everything looks like its going well, props for Jahi on the picture rapping. emthup.gif
02 Toyota Celica GT (dead)
91 Honda CRX LS V-tec (will be missed)
H1Racing.com

lshatch916

lshatch916

Reverand Jones

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:Me and you, yo momma and yo cousin too
QUOTE (RicerX @ Jan 15 2007, 08:08 PM)
well, everything looks like its going well, props for Jahi on the picture rapping. emthup.gif

thats right!!! been picture raping since i was four!!!

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (lshatch916 @ Jan 21 2007, 01:25 AM)
thats right!!! been picture raping since i was four!!!

lol u ass laugh.gif

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Had a little time day before yesterday and tonight. Removed most of the loose interior and spent some time spraying out some of the grease in the engine bay.

Pulled the gas tank on the donor car tonight. The only live spider on the car thus far was an albino freak, fell out when the tank dropped. Instant death - didn't even have to man scream like Rob, or like the guy in accepted (ie: like Jahi!)

No pics this time, boring ish.

Andrew

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Hey at least my scream was a man scream, and fuck that it was huge spider falling towards my eyes! blink.gif Jahi woulda screamed like a lil girl and ran, just like he did when my NOS bottle fell on the ground and opened up.

lshatch916

lshatch916

Reverand Jones

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:Me and you, yo momma and yo cousin too
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jan 25 2007, 11:01 PM)
Hey at least my scream was a man scream, and fuck that it was huge spider falling towards my eyes! blink.gif  Jahi woulda screamed like a lil girl and ran, just like he did when my NOS bottle fell on the ground and opened up.

like how did get put into this convo...and dont be mad bc when the NOS bottle, it was every man for themselves

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (lshatch916 @ Jan 25 2007, 11:07 PM)
like how did get put into this convo...and dont be mad bc when the NOS bottle, it was every man for themselves

Every man ehh???? riiiight not the way u ran like a lil girl hahahahah

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
More updates:

Removed almost all the interior and wiring.

Here's a pic of the undercarriage with the tank, and most of the drivetrain removed.

Damn, I'm running out of room for all this shit fast.

Andrew

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Torched most of the car with a MAPP gas torch I picked up yesterday, removed spiderwebs and got 5-8 live spiders - death!!! rant.gif shoot.gif

After that I thought fuck it, might as well remove the sound deadening (dead weight) and picked up a couple lbs of dry ice.

Didn't get as much done as I wanted, but at least it's started. Wasn't all that hard to do. I'll probably pick up another 10-20lbs of it and just cover the whole floorboard at once when I continue on. Either that or I'll see if I can buy some liquid nitrogen - spray that bitch down and it'll come right off... biggrin.gif

Andrew

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Sick! I cant wait to primer that thing!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users