Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

R.I.P. Alex a.k.a. Lek Lek **Got another AE86!**

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Lek Lek

Lek Lek

Heavenly Drifter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
**UPDATE**

EDITED by mestizo~
Well I got some bad news today 11/8/2008 from Chris a.k.a. Neillo on this forum, he informed that Alex died last night in a motorcycle accident. I would like to offer his family and friends my condolence's, I didn't know him for very long but he was a cool kid and I don't believe he deserved this. I guess that's how life goes it's not fair at all. I plan to leave this thread here as a memorial to him unless his family or friends request it be taken down. All the pics he posted will be saved from his Photobucket account to here so they won't be deleted. R.I.P. Alex I hope your sliding your Corolla in heaven.

**Lek Lek's original post is below**
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally! I miss driving a car!!!!!!! I've been driving a Nissan 4x4. Well, I picked up this '85 GT-S yesterday from a couple who looked to be in their late 40's. They owned it since '99 when they bought it from the original owner. Has been babied since, but has lacked maintenance these past years as its been sitting. Runs fine, low on oil, diff fluid, and im guessing tranny fluid as well. Leaking coolant too. But all an easy fix. The body is mint, no dents, but it does have rust which is on the hatch itself. Everything works, and its a clean title! thumbsup.gif $1900!!!

Alex's original Photobucket picture links are below.

http://i297.photobuc...02/IMG_1675.jpg
http://i297.photobuc...02/IMG_1672.jpg
http://i297.photobuc...02/IMG_1673.jpg
http://i297.photobuc...02/IMG_1674.jpg

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Sick! It's super hard to find a clean AE86 shell these days, let alone a real GT-S.

Lek Lek

Lek Lek

Heavenly Drifter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Its not a shell! Its a complete, running, GT-S!!!

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
QUOTE (Lek Lek @ Jul 30 2008, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its not a shell! Its a complete, running, GT-S!!!
Either way its hard to find a clean one haha Shell or complete Looks nice and stock tho biggrin.gif

Lek Lek

Lek Lek

Heavenly Drifter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
yup! time to get the diff welded and hit the streets!

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
QUOTE (Lek Lek @ Jul 30 2008, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yup! time to get the diff welded and hit the streets!
Hit the streets like mean joe green biggrin.gif

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
That's awesome man congrats.

Lek Lek

Lek Lek

Heavenly Drifter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
thank you! hope to get it sideways by the end of the weekend!

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Nice car!

And I'm jealous cause yours runs. wink.gif

Just an FYI after a couple months drifting on a spool, my zenki axle splines were twisting and about to break. So keep an eye on them, you may not have a problem until you start seriously abusing the rear diff and run stickier tires.

I'll try and post up any worthwile parts I'm selling off my AE86 here first. For instance, I have a lexan rear window for sale... $50.

Andrew

Lek Lek

Lek Lek

Heavenly Drifter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
QUOTE (assassin10000 @ Aug 2 2008, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice car!

And I'm jealous cause yours runs. wink.gif

Just an FYI after a couple months drifting on a spool, my zenki axle splines were twisting and about to break. So keep an eye on them, you may not have a problem until you start seriously abusing the rear diff and run stickier tires.

I'll try and post up any worthwile parts I'm selling off my AE86 here first. For instance, I have a lexan rear window for sale... $50.

Andrew

i'd been interested in it, but only if you find that spare hatch you said you might have. cause i think if i tried putting a hatch glass on my rusted hatch, everything would fall apart! lol.

Lek Lek

Lek Lek

Heavenly Drifter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
The guy I bought it from told me that it's one of the late-model high-compression motors (or something like that). I checked the side of the block and it is a 7-rib blue-top!

Lek Lek

Lek Lek

Heavenly Drifter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Did some basic maintenance yesterday. I may need to replace the headgasket soon. emthdown.gif
Anyway...my cousin picked up some celica-supra wheels w/ tires, about 70% tread on two, other two about 40% with bald spots, for only $60! FTW! Rear-end is making noise, I may grab an extra open diff if i can find one. and get that shit welded. lol. I took the car out yesterday, still leaking a bit of coolant when hot. Weak. But anyway, hopefully I can get this thing up soon.

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
The easiest way to tell if it's the high comp block is to look at the side of the block, does it have an oil drain?

Anyways, I checked. Sorry no spare hatch. They got trashed.

Andrew

Lek Lek

Lek Lek

Heavenly Drifter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Well, i've been tired as FUCK to get any updates, plus my girl broke my camera last month. thumbsdown.gif <BR><br>

I've put on my celica-supras. thumbsup.gif Love the offset and width, and stretched tire look. (meh, 14x7s on 185/60s, not too stretched)<br>
Also bought a welded diff which I plan on putting in ASAP. Will keep the open diff just in case. <br>

Future plans: Spring/shock combo, panhard bar, bushings, SMOG! *yikes*, tires, steering wheel, driver's seat, one-piece driveshaft, tires. (yes, tires is on there twice).

Got money now that I got a full-time job. FT job FTW!

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Cool slide it this weekend biggrin.gif!!!!!!

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Glad to see some updates and congrats on the new job. I seen you on Blue Oaks the other day but u didnt see me I was in my white Civic coupe.

Lek Lek

Lek Lek

Heavenly Drifter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Sep 10 2008, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad to see some updates and congrats on the new job. I seen you on Blue Oaks the other day but u didnt see me I was in my white Civic coupe.

No way that was you!? Haha, i remember. Yeah, my stepmom works at HP. I specifically remember seeing a white civic just as I got off the freeway and onto blue oaks. haha. And thanks, I work at Niello Acura, detailing cars emthdown.gif , but its a start. Getting paid weekly is awesome. Looking forward to start sliding this thing properly!

SO........everyone needs to get their shit up and going so we can slide tandems down nationals!!!

...i lie. hahah, maybe in two years when it dies down.

Copilot

Copilot

Wait... How old are you again?!

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
QUOTE (Lek Lek @ Sep 10 2008, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No way that was you!? Haha, i remember. Yeah, my stepmom works at HP. I specifically remember seeing a white civic just as I got off the freeway and onto blue oaks. haha. And thanks, I work at Niello Acura, detailing cars emthdown.gif , but its a start. Getting paid weekly is awesome. Looking forward to start sliding this thing properly!

SO........everyone needs to get their shit up and going so we can slide tandems down nationals!!!

...i lie. hahah, maybe in two years when it dies down.

Oh really....I work there to. Small world.

00 RL Dumped on Type S wheels Stock as can be....
03 Hoe 4x4 on them stock 16s wit KnN intake and a magnaflow....HOTNESS

Lek Lek

Lek Lek

Heavenly Drifter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Well, time for another update....

Welded diff is in!!! Took about 2 hours to get it in, but then again it took me and my female classmate thumbsup.gif a half hour to scrape the old gasket off the diff cover thumbsdown.gif , until my teacher gave me an air tool which took it off in 2 minutes. Ugh!!! Cheap and easy upgrade, which I need more of! hahaha.

The rain is awesome. I heart rain.

My plans in the near future are to pick up an OEM replacement clutch/flywheel, one-piece driveshaft (ILLEGAL GARAGE), shock/spring setup, and maybe some bolt-ons.

I don't want to do TOO much to the motor as I plan to build up a 4AGZE on the side while I practice and get better at sliding, and save money!

Copilot

Copilot

Wait... How old are you again?!

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
Such a tragic accident. Rip homie...you will be missed!

00 RL Dumped on Type S wheels Stock as can be....
03 Hoe 4x4 on them stock 16s wit KnN intake and a magnaflow....HOTNESS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users