Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rotrex Superchargers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
http://www.rotrex.com/

Check 'em out, Some of them come with an independent oil cooling system... Very nice design - almost want to buy one and have some brackets made to get this thing on the car.

Andrew

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Yep seen this before I was actually thinking about this same type of charger for the NSX. If you moticed Jackson Racing no longer uses the roots style they use these.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Girls
I wonder if theyll make one 4 my car.
02 Toyota Celica GT (dead)
91 Honda CRX LS V-tec (will be missed)
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (RicerX @ Jan 20 2007, 01:37 AM)
I wonder if theyll make one 4 my car.

Even if they dont these chargers have the benefit of being very small and easy to fit on almost any car. I was going to use one of these on the NSX as well as my Legend back in the day. All you really need to do is make a mounting bracket and drive pulley. Most honda guys remove their power steering pump and mount the charger there using the existing pulley off the crank to drive it.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Girls
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jan 20 2007, 12:43 PM)
Most honda guys remove their power steering pump and mount the charger there using the existing pulley off the crank to drive it.

That doesnt sound too bad, but I want my car 2 be a daily driver. Maybe the A\C can go. hmmm.gif
02 Toyota Celica GT (dead)
91 Honda CRX LS V-tec (will be missed)
H1Racing.com

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
QUOTE (RicerX @ Jan 21 2007, 09:00 AM)
That doesnt sound too bad, but I want my car 2 be a daily driver. Maybe the A\C can go. hmmm.gif

P/S is usally mounted higher which makes it easier to route the piping to the throttle body. That and you get to build up your muscles a little bit when parking, once moving about 5-10mph with no p/s is not a problem at all. It's just the pesky parking lot manuevers.

Also, if any of the celica's came equipped with a manual steering rack you could swap out to it when removing the p/s for an easier turning rack... but I don't know if they did or not.

Andrew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users