Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Infamous Jesse James Project S14

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:WOMEN & CARS what else is there
Alright everyone...the moment you all been waiting for...

The Before...like you dont know what a set of stock Zenkis look like... shoot.gif

After...with the CS Clear lenses and painted parts of the reflectors flat black... thumbsup.gif

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Looks good bro!

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:WOMEN & CARS what else is there
QUOTE (mestizo @ Dec 11 2009, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks good bro!

Thanks...I think they look sick...and I am proud of my first headlight job...lol...now if we can just get some time and do the tension rod bushings or the sub-frame collars...That would be SWEET!!! hmmm.gif

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Looks sick man. Super tight. Did you have to pop them in the oven like I thought?

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:WOMEN &amp; CARS what else is there
Well I did first to pull the stock lenses off the headlights I was going to use. When I put the CS lenses on I just used a clear RTV silicone to seal them...no oven needed. When it was all done I taped off the front of the lenses and painted the sides to kinda mask off the seal and make it look decent. Then I added some 6000k HIDs that I bought off of zilvia. Which looks much better then the stock lights...lol

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
Ok I know this a lil behind the curve but one day I came out to my car and was going to work. When dont you know my car wouldn't start. Long story short it ended up being my fuel pump. So after Rob convinced me I should go with a walbro 255 pump we picked one up here in Sac and installed the damn thing and problem solved.

the old fuel pump

the old and the new...
(old on the left, new on the right)

As you can see my old one didnt have a sock filter...probly why it went out!!!!

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
Well yesterday Rob and I changed out my tension rod bushing and my front swaybar bushings. I replaced the old worn out ones with some ES type bushings. Here is some pictures of the install. And sorry there isn't anymore, I got kinda excited when I was doing all this and forgot to take pictures till after they were installed...LOL whistle.gif

The old tension rod bushings:

the new ES bushings pressed in the tension rods:

The tension rod installed:

one of the new front swaybar bushings installed:

And with these new bushings there is a whole new car in the front. These made a huge difference. I also got a new Stealth Custom Fab front strut tower bar. I installed that too but I still need to get John to install the BC stopper then have the paint man paint it before I post the pictures. But I did slide last night and lets just say all that made a whole new car and I cant wait to change a few more things.

What a great way to start a new year!!!

Shit Fuck Yeah!!!!

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
Well I decided to get rid of my clutch fan and get some Altima electric fans. Rob told me about the Flex-Lite Variable Speed controller for the fans that turns the fans on from 60% to 100%. So I forked over the cash to Summit Racing and bought the controller. Today Rob and I pulled the clutch fan, put the electric fans in and wired the fan with the controller. Here is a few pictures. We still need to set the temperature control but other than that its all set...

the controller set up kit

pulled the clutch fan...look no fan!!!

old fan and shroud

drained the coolant to get the electric fans in

new Altima fans in

and the controller

and the super nice fuse box

Dkslong

Dkslong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:Drifting,Skateboarding,touge,music,reading books,and bboying
Nice job man.I haven't did anything to my car I just had a L5S1 spinal fusion to no drifting to maybe FEB.Oh man nice on the headlights I was gonna translate my drift tengoku book.They had a better HID DIY kit that was more legal and didn't look like ass like the ones shown on zilvia personal y I gives a fuck about traffic cuz every1 in japan has HIDs and blinds me.i aint talkin 6ks im talking 12k and above I got 12ks in the front with hid lenses though 180sx FTW but I want a s14 or 13 nxt.BTW all u need is some clear coners and some LED corner lights and it will look awesome.OH btw guys im going to autosaloon soooo ill probably make a collage on youtube of pics.

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
Yeah man, I remember you saying you were getting some surgery on your back. I hope you recover well soon and can get back on the track. Yeah the lights didn't turn out to bad. It was my first headlight job. Basicly had nothing to go by either. The only problem I have is the wierd spray pattern from the HIDs. But other then that I love em. Made a huge difference and I can see where I am going at night. Yeah the other lights n stuff will come later. Right now I am working on other suspension Mods. So in the next couple of weeks there will be more updates. thumbsup.gif

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
Ok so I woke up hella early this morning not knowing how long it would take me to install my subframe collars before work. Lets just say it was pretty damn easy. took just over an hour to complete. Here is the pictures:

The Techno Toy Tuning Subframe collars:

The rear subframe lowered without the collars:

The rear and front with the collars installed:

I took the car for a spin around the block after the install and I could feel a difference. There was less play in the rear of the car. Now I need to get some rear sway bar end links and install the rear sway bar

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Man, everything is coming along awesome. Great job.

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
Well just a lil update.

I think this is what I will be going for. Looks wise, eventually down the road when I have extra money to spend.

Going with the Dmax Type I aero with the roof spoiler and trunk spoiler too. This is sick!!!

bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif

Dkslong

Dkslong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
yea dmax max and vertex make some boss ass kits.Hmm u reminded me to get my sub collars lmao.Yea I need some and some new bushings along with some other suspension parts.SHII i check out the new drift tengoku mag though if u can got some phat s14 zenki's in it.(New fad here is SUPER LOW cars they make suspension parts for super low im not a fad follower but they LOOK PHAT)Also apparently the new thing in japan for 180sx's and s13' s is to add a S15 dash looks good though.

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
Yeah, my body kit is either gonna be vertex or dmax. But I have grown to love the rear roof wing and trunk spoiler. Yeah the sub frame collars made a world of a difference. I also added a rear swaybar (base model 14s do not come with a rear sway) that came out of Rob's 13, and boy did that make my world that much better. It was like going from spreading butter on toast with a fork to spreading it with a butter knife. clap.gif

Dkslong

Dkslong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
QUOTE (InfamousJesseJames @ Jan 21 2010, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, my body kit is either gonna be vertex or dmax. But I have grown to love the rear roof wing and trunk spoiler. Yeah the sub frame collars made a world of a difference. I also added a rear swaybar (base model 14s do not come with a rear sway) that came out of Rob's 13, and boy did that make my world that much better. It was like going from spreading butter on toast with a fork to spreading it with a butter knife. clap.gif

WHAAAA no rear sway bar.Wow my car came with a fat one.I think my friend who had the car b4 me put a r32's or a C33 laurels.

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
well well what do we have in the box???

oh look its SPL Ver 3 RUCAS

These are some Bad Mo Fo's...1.5" DOM tubing, QA1's Endura chromoly rod ends...pure AWESOMENESS!!!

I cant wait to get these on the car thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
Ok so I got the weekend off and decided to install my new SPL RUCAS. These things are sweet.

I went out last night to try them out and again new parts = big differance in the way the car handles. I love the way it the car feels now when its sideways. Now I just need to get an alignment. Anyways check out the pics...

Stock RUCA on the car:

Stock RUCA removed:

New SPL RUCA installed:

Stock RUCA vs. SPL Ver 3 RUCA w/QA1 Endura chromoly rod ends:

Rear tire with adjusted camber:

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
Well I finally got my BMC stopper added on my strut tower brace by Jon and I love it. Thanks Jon.

I also got Jay to paint it at school with Subie Blue. It turned out great...

Before on the car...

After with the paint...

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Sweet! Diggin' the blue, looks like mine just glossy. lol

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users