Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

kcvpr's Content

There have been 35 items by kcvpr (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#3954 S14 Build Numba 4

Posted by kcvpr on 14 September 2009 - 09:08 AM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

QUOTE (Dkslong @ Sep 14 2009, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nice steering wheel im pickin up a fuzzy momo one for 100 bucks at garage off tommorow I need one cuz my spacer cracked and I like the way these feel plus I dont need a stupid spacer I hate trying todrift and arghhhhh windshield wipers.
I would recommend you get leather, unless you plan on wearing gloves every time you drive/drift. If you don't wear gloves, the suede will get matted and gunky and just plain gross, and lets not forget it will give you nasty burns too.

#3913 S14 Build Numba 4

Posted by kcvpr on 16 August 2009 - 02:27 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

Looking good doug! you should come down here so we can take pics.... ;-)

#3863 S14 Build Numba 4

Posted by kcvpr on 20 July 2009 - 05:39 AM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

Its nice to hear you are finally molesting your car!!!!! :-D

#3826 S14 Build Numba 4

Posted by kcvpr on 05 July 2009 - 04:06 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

QUOTE (Sideways~S14 @ Jul 5 2009, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well with no money I haven't done anything really and my jack is at my friends house so all I really could do was throw the turbo timer in. I kno it serves no purpose but I like the voltage reading and warnings lol. But this time putting it in this car I did it cleanly. Hooked all the wires up except for the speed. Hid the harness hid the ground wires along with the one for the e brake. So all you can see is the timer.

Did you fix the third brake light thing yet?

#3757 alarm fuel cut relay?

Posted by kcvpr on 19 June 2009 - 08:35 PM in Tech Info

QUOTE (assassin10000 @ Jun 19 2009, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dunno what color, but most likely stock is somewhere between 12-16ga. A larger gauge wire is better than going too small and burning it up... potentially leaving you stranded somewhere. The switch side of the relay doesn't matter, as the relay only needs a very minimal amount of amperage to activate. But make sure that the throughput to the fuel pump is at least the same size wire as stock.

BTW. Wire size is not an issue with voltage, it's the amperage that requires larger wires. To allow for the larger amount of electrons flowing. Think of a larger wire, as being a larger hose and amperage is the amount of fluid going through it.

Andrew
Thanks for the help!

I ended up using the 12v wire from the power lock relay, and 14awg wire.... It works as far i know, but i haven't tested it yet. biggrin.gif

Also they way i have it wired now, somehow burned up the original door lock relay ( i dunno how), but if it burn up my new relay, can i just run a wire straight to the battery and use that?

Thanks for putting up with all of my questions guys!!!!!

;-)

#3754 alarm fuel cut relay?

Posted by kcvpr on 19 June 2009 - 10:52 AM in Tech Info

QUOTE (mestizo @ Jun 19 2009, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, just find a hidden place for the relay and then cut the signal wire to the fuel pump and then connect the two signal wires to 87a and 30 on the relay.

Ok just a few more questions... LOL rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

What color ignition (or is it ignitor? )wire should i tap into, and would 18awg wire be big enough for the 12v's going through it?

Thanks for being so patient with me LOL

#3752 alarm fuel cut relay?

Posted by kcvpr on 19 June 2009 - 04:29 AM in Tech Info

QUOTE (mestizo @ Jun 13 2009, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am sure that there are extra switched outputs on the alarm, any of those can be used to make a fuel cut relay as well. Go to this link and it will explain the relay setup better than I can, http://www.the12volt...lays/relays.asp

So if i follow this it should work? except the ignition would be the fuel pump signal wire or something.

#3749 Andrew's AE86 #2

Posted by kcvpr on 15 June 2009 - 08:18 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

QUOTE (Sideways~S14 @ Jun 15 2009, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
+1 I need something to watch whistle.gif whistle.gif whistle.gif

You can always watch me slide/learn to slide... :-) that should be entertaining... biggrin.gif

Looking good andrew! nice job on the machine work too!

#3737 alarm fuel cut relay?

Posted by kcvpr on 13 June 2009 - 09:35 AM in Tech Info

Ok.... so i finally dug into the mess of wires for my alarm today, to try and add a fuel kill to the system like you guys were explaining when i was at rob's.... and well, i couldnt find the relay for the starter kill that im supposed to tap into :-(

long story short... i called viper and it turns out the starter kill relay is onboard the alarm brain.... Is there anyway to acomplish the same thing without haveing access to the relay?

i know there is a ground that is active when the sytem is armed that can be used for relays... but that would drain the battery i would think.... and it might not work when the alarm is tripped...?

any ideas?

thanks!

and sorry for my crappy typeing/grammar i broke my arm recently and i only have use of one hand :-(

#3649 Removing Clutch damper????

Posted by kcvpr on 07 May 2009 - 11:55 PM in Tech Info

QUOTE (Jonnie Fraz @ May 7 2009, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do it!!! When I did my manual swap I was gonna put it in...I tried to get the clutch to bleed for hours with no luck. Took it off 5 min to bleed.

Well, today Doug, Joe, and me swapped motors and the day before I did a bunch of other stuff. Sub-frame spacers, steel braided brake/clutch lines. But when we went to bleed the line the the clutch, it wouldn't get any better feeling than pure "doo doo butter". As well as the motor wouldn't run correctly or idle, were figuring this is because of vacuum leak. Tested via Brake cleaner sprayed around vacuum lines.

#3644 Removing Clutch damper????

Posted by kcvpr on 06 May 2009 - 09:44 PM in Tech Info

Has anybody heard of this mod, or done this mod? Is it safe, worth it... blah blah blah

http://garage.projec...utchdamper.html

#3641 Doug's S14

Posted by kcvpr on 06 May 2009 - 04:26 PM in Sold, retired and crashed project cars.

QUOTE (Sideways~S14 @ May 6 2009, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Technically Yea. Casey thanks they weren't that great they could of been brought alot wider and some more angle but again not trying to push my limits on the streets. Specially with shitty suspension.

Quit being modest... They were hella sick looking to me... Esp going non-stop for 30sec (?).

#3638 Doug's S14

Posted by kcvpr on 06 May 2009 - 02:46 AM in Sold, retired and crashed project cars.

QUOTE (Sideways~S14 @ May 6 2009, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A VID YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEE SHIT IN! Last day I had a license. So I went sliding. Apparently Im a gay drifter though. Girl that was riding shotgun and edited the vid says so lol.

damn... nice dorri-ing

bow.gif arrow2.gif arrow.gif arrow2.gif arrow.gif alcoholic.gif alcoholic.gif alcoholic.gif

#3628 KA24DE rebuild cost?

Posted by kcvpr on 26 April 2009 - 11:20 PM in Tech Info

QUOTE (mestizo @ Apr 13 2009, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea I am not against taking your money to rebuild the motor but your pretty much right it would cost around the same to just buy a rebuilt motor. I would call them to find out if they have any cuz their web site is far from being updated on a regular basis.

UPDATE!!!!

I took it to the shop a while ago, and the mechanic finally said that its running very rich and washing out the piston rings...

And he doesn't know what could be causing it to run so rich

I am going to replace the FPR tomorrow and see if that fixes anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

EDIT: Also, while it is running there's a weird whistling sound coming from the engine somewhere???

#3617 Doug's S14

Posted by kcvpr on 21 April 2009 - 03:28 AM in Sold, retired and crashed project cars.

QUOTE (Sideways~S14 @ Apr 21 2009, 03:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I had some attempts at making some vids. I couldn't help but drive so I decided to go slide. We grabbed the camera as well. On the Plus you can see more then in the last vid I made Lol!

Sliding

Slow Car Race lol
Who's the other guy you where with?

Nice vids... The hatch pulled on you though biggrin.gif

#3605 KA24DE rebuild cost?

Posted by kcvpr on 13 April 2009 - 06:03 PM in Tech Info

QUOTE (mestizo @ Apr 13 2009, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes the motor needs to be taken apart and then taken to the machine shop... they can check the bore of all the journals and cylinders as well as check the decks with a straight edge to see if you need to have the head or blocked decked. If it's all within tolerance's then you should be able to order the "standard" size's otherwise u need over size stuff. The machine work can be any where from $300-750 depending on what you have or need to have done.
Shit.... Well It almost looks like I am better off buying one from Attarco confused.gif.

I Google'd them and I guess they don't have any in stock or something cause I couldn't find any. Do I have to call them up and ask them to rebuild one so I can buy it?

#3603 KA24DE rebuild cost?

Posted by kcvpr on 13 April 2009 - 05:09 PM in Tech Info

QUOTE (mestizo @ Apr 13 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only thing I don't care for with that Ebay kit is the graphite head gasket... metal is much better than those types of gaskets. The machine work would be your only other cost, bascially if you want it done right you need it to be cleaned and checked for tolerance's to make sure you get the right size bearings, pistons and rings when you order that kit.

How much would all the machining/hot tanking cost?

So what your saying is, I have to take apart the engine first measure the bearing stuff then order the kit (can you do that?) ?

#3601 KA24DE rebuild cost?

Posted by kcvpr on 13 April 2009 - 04:10 PM in Tech Info

QUOTE (kcvpr @ Apr 13 2009, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Low compression in 3 cylinders, misfiring galore, and TONS of blue smoke.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

If I got that what else would I need?

$300 for you to rebuild
$345 For parts

+ ????

#3600 KA24DE rebuild cost?

Posted by kcvpr on 13 April 2009 - 03:58 PM in Tech Info

QUOTE (mestizo @ Apr 13 2009, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ill rebuild it for $300, however you have to pay to get the part and also the machine work at whatever machine shop you choose. It can add up really quick to do it yourself cuz the cost of the machine work, bearings, rings and gaskets. You can buy a rebuilt one from like Attarco but those are $1195, which is about what it would cost you to do it yourself.

OR... you can do it the Antelope kids way and just slap some new shit from kragen in it and hope for the best.

What's wrong with the motor?
Low compression in 3 cylinders, misfiring galore, and TONS of blue smoke.

#3598 KA24DE rebuild cost?

Posted by kcvpr on 13 April 2009 - 03:47 PM in Tech Info

QUOTE (Sideways~S14 @ Apr 13 2009, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think while we were at robs house we discussed the cost? and what that includes. Also did you put the welded in just out of curiousity

I thought we did too...

Nope I didnt put it in yet, but I was thinking about doing it today.

#3596 KA24DE rebuild cost?

Posted by kcvpr on 13 April 2009 - 03:37 PM in Tech Info

I am pretty sure my KA needs a rebuild, and I was wondering how much I should expect to pay? I was just quoted by a local shop for almost 6k!!!! crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif That sounds like total BS to me but I dunno...

When I was at mestizo's house with Doug a while ago, I seem to remember him saying something about rebuilding engines for people? How much are you asking for you to do that? What would it include?

Thanks for the help!

I miss driving my 240 :-(

#3579 mestizo's 1995 S14 240SX

Posted by kcvpr on 03 April 2009 - 01:28 AM in Sold, retired and crashed project cars.

I saw you shopping around for that stuff on zilvia biggrin.gif...

Nice to see some progress!!! Looks pretty good so far!

#3533 s13 bumper removal?

Posted by kcvpr on 24 March 2009 - 03:53 PM in Tech Info

QUOTE (mestizo @ Mar 24 2009, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I c lol yea I used an offset angle wrench to take that off and it wasn't the easiest thing remove.
Did you re-use bolt when you put it back together?

#3531 s13 bumper removal?

Posted by kcvpr on 24 March 2009 - 02:28 PM in Tech Info

QUOTE (mestizo @ Mar 24 2009, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't remember any bolts right there that hold the bumper cover on. There is a bolt right there that holds the fender on tho.
yeah, sorry I didn't really know how to explain that. I am trying to remove the fenders and bumper as one piece like you did in you build thread.... But the bumper cover is in the way of that bolt.

#3529 s13 bumper removal?

Posted by kcvpr on 24 March 2009 - 01:32 AM in Tech Info

QUOTE (mestizo @ Mar 23 2009, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which bolts and which bumper?
Chuki, and the two bolts that the bumper cover blocks access to. They are under the headlights kind of...?

Attached Thumbnails

• 04082006_s14.3_half13fender.jpg