Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

S14 Build Numba 4

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

kcvpr

kcvpr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Looking good doug! you should come down here so we can take pics.... ;-)

Dkslong

Dkslong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:Drifting,Skateboarding,touge,music,reading books,and bboying
lookin good

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
Car is starting to look good I think smile.gif

Blurry as shit but looks cool imo

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Ok So got a steering wheel setup need a qr now. Im very happy with this setup so far I feel I like where my wheel is so Im just gonna get a nrg thin qr. But my current setup pics

UPS IS MY BEST FRIEND

I started by first disconnecting the negative battery cable. I wanted to eliminate risk of a airbag popping in my face , cause well that just didn't plan that in my day so yea. lol Then I popped both the covers off the stock steering wheel.

Then Disconnected the Airbag.

I then used a torqes 45 I beleive to take the bolts out that hold in the air bag.

Air bag just fell out after that. Then I used a 19mm to unbolt the Nut that holds the wheel on.

Then Took the 4 phillips head screws that hold this airbag ring thing in.

Everything ready for hub and wheel

Hub and Wheel On smile.gif

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
So apparently my license is still suspended. Guess rancho pd and CHP didn't actually run my license.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
So um yea what happened?

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
I was driving down jackson towards well jackson coming from 23rd and I passed a sac sheriff who decided to follow me I had evan and lena(his gf) in the car. the sheriff she eventually turned on her lights I pulled over she took the registration then ask for my license. Me thinking that my license was perfectly ok saw no problem with it. Specially since I got hemmed up with andrew at douglas. Also Got pulled over by chp. None of them never said anything, but this sheriff sits at her car then asks me to step out of the vehicle. I thought oh wtf is it now. She tells me why are you driving. My smartass remark. Umm Its my car...... She replies well you have a suspended license. I continued to argue and insist its not. She shows me her computer saying I Have 3 unclaimed suspensions. Along with 3 points on my record. After awhile of digging around I found out I received 2 points for my accident so they never reinstated my license after traffic school. Also the two times I got hemmed up apparently the cops didn't care, or they didnt run my license. Either way im quite dissapointed. So now with this car I think im gonna pull the motor so it keeps me from driving it and its something to do lol. Sorry bout my terrible punctuation.

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
Dont pull your motor...do somthing like give your seats to Rob...lol.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
LOL seriously!

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
I just don't see how that idea is productive. lol

Dkslong

Dkslong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
QUOTE (Sideways~S14 @ Aug 21 2009, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok So got a steering wheel setup need a qr now. Im very happy with this setup so far I feel I like where my wheel is so Im just gonna get a nrg thin qr. But my current setup pics

UPS IS MY BEST FRIEND

Hub and Wheel On smile.gif

nice steering wheel im pickin up a fuzzy momo one for 100 bucks at garage off tommorow I need one cuz my spacer cracked and I like the way these feel plus I dont need a stupid spacer I hate trying todrift and arghhhhh windshield wipers.

kcvpr

kcvpr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
QUOTE (Dkslong @ Sep 14 2009, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nice steering wheel im pickin up a fuzzy momo one for 100 bucks at garage off tommorow I need one cuz my spacer cracked and I like the way these feel plus I dont need a stupid spacer I hate trying todrift and arghhhhh windshield wipers.
I would recommend you get leather, unless you plan on wearing gloves every time you drive/drift. If you don't wear gloves, the suede will get matted and gunky and just plain gross, and lets not forget it will give you nasty burns too.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (kcvpr @ Sep 14 2009, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would recommend you get leather, unless you plan on wearing gloves every time you drive/drift. If you don't wear gloves, the suede will get matted and gunky and just plain gross, and lets not forget it will give you nasty burns too.

Yup Suede tends to burn hands while drifting, for regular driving its not too bad tho. But like he said it gets kinda nasty after a while cus the oils in your hand get on to it and gunk it up.

Dkslong

Dkslong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Sep 14 2009, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup Suede tends to burn hands while drifting, for regular driving its not too bad tho. But like he said it gets kinda nasty after a while cus the oils in your hand get on to it and gunk it up.

gotcha lol usually im wearing gloves while drifting plus the track makes u were them along with a mechanic suit lmao so I should be fine.Hmm but hands getting gunky=gay so I might go with leather

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Update: Finally got my quick release along with another radiator and put E fans in smile.gif Oh and got a greddy turbo timer for free so I threw that in.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
First time Ive touched this thread in awhile. I got my car painted white... NOT. Was confused to see this stuff on my car though I got a bigger update on the car tomorrow but for tonight wtf is with the snow from this morning haha.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Finally a legit update on my car. This has whats changed so far

I Traded gauge clusters with stephen knight cause I decided i like the black faced gauge clusters more.

I Had to finally give lee back his exhaust after several years so Im running no exhaust now

Got a 300mm broadway mirror. I was suprised how much more you can actually see!

Got all the stickers on my car. Stealth-Custom-Fab is all over the place LOL

Picked up a Sparco Sprint for super cheap and threw that in. Not a super awesome seat but works suprisingly well.

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:WOMEN &amp; CARS what else is there
yeah man we need to get you out there sliding with me...I need someone else out there. Gets kind boring alone...lol. I am hoping to get me tension rod bushings in and done new years eve. They a couple weeks after my subframe collars.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Little Update.

Pulled My Auto KA Out WOO! Man that auto tranny was a champ though! Neutral Dropped that shit hella! HAHA

Engine Bay Definatly needs some cleaning done!

I painted my valve cover I think it looks BA. haha I used a darker pink at first. Then sprayed it with a satin pink. Then sprayed some glitter on it. Then Several clear coats Thought it turned out alright!

Also Got my Front Mount. I was playing legos with intercooler piping and shit haha

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:WOMEN &amp; CARS what else is there
oh no...this cant be good... whistle.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users