Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

S14 Build Numba 4

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
No cause I don't kno whats causing it...

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
I found the misfire! Car runs good now kinda slow though. I got 170psi in cylinders 1,2, and 4 but cyl 3 is 125psi im thinking it might of been a fluke cause now the car runs great. Well Ill let pictures explain.

Fucked up spark plug wires.

Cracked vaccum line to valve cover.

Pulled the valve cover to remove timing chain guide but it was already gone

Put the black valve cover on

One of the compression tests. Others I found unneccesary

Everything good to go

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
LOL I am glad one of you kids is starting to listen to me and check the small things first. That valve train is ugly as fuck tho... it looks like whoever had it before you liked to run the oil too long before changing it.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jul 6 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL I am glad one of you kids is starting to listen to me and check the small things first. That valve train is ugly as fuck tho... it looks like whoever had it before you liked to run the oil too long before changing it.
Yup I like not going through more trouble then I have too when fixing my shit lol. Indeed it looks like they liked to wait awhile but the oil in the motor is fresh along with the diff and all other fluids seem fresh... I have no idea oh well though haha. Eventually a SR will go in anyways. I also changed the stud I couldn't get the hub off so I used a 4lb hammer and knocked the stud out and hit a new one in hahaha

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Ok so Im utterly confused anyone else able to explain this? I didnt drill holes or do anything... I took the wing off btw cause well its not matched to the car and i wanna repair it first so it doesnt get worse.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (Sideways~S14 @ Jul 9 2009, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok so Im utterly confused anyone else able to explain this? I didnt drill holes or do anything... I took the wing off btw cause well its not matched to the car and i wanna repair it first so it doesnt get worse.

Confused by what? More explanation is needed.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jul 9 2009, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Confused by what? More explanation is needed.
Well the car came with just an se wing. I didn't touch the holes in the trunk until I tried to put my kouki wing on. And the bolts coming off kouki wing just slid into the holes already there for the se wing. I had to drill holes in my other trunk lid, but it had a se wing too. Does that make better sense? Im confused at why the wing just went right on.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Maybe the trunk lid came from a Kouki 240sx in which case it may have had extra holes for the SE wing or the larger Kouki wing. Who knows since your car had many parts from other cars on it when you bought it.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
True Oh well its not a big deal less work hahaha. But GOOD NEWS!!!! Getting my license back soon like prolly by the end of this month Got my letter back from the judge finally thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Ok so update I slid the car finally shitty vid off a cell phone but we wanted to get it on vid the first time i slide the auto hahaha

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
I told you sliding an Automatic is totally different, it will teach you so much more.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jul 17 2009, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I told you sliding an Automatic is totally different, it will teach you so much more.
Oh hell yea. The understeer when I first initiate is so weird. Its like understeer.............. OVERSTEER. Just catching that is prolly the hardest thing for me and keeping the car sliding when turning around to manji the other way haha. Definatly wanna get some more practice in the auto for sure.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
So last night I went out with Andrew. Started sliding. Then the auto had its first victim. The tire completely delaminated. Along with that my spare pinched some wires and popped my stop lamp and tail lamp fuses sad.gif But I stole a fuse from the horn and had one spare 10 amp fuse.

kcvpr

kcvpr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Its nice to hear you are finally molesting your car!!!!! :-D

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Well to do a lil update. I had to change my rear brake pads. was a emergency the pads were completely gone no time to resurface rotors so i just got some 10$ kragen ones and fixed it temporairly then I curbed my car two nights in a row once on the right and once on the left both on the rear tires round curbs but i tapped em scared me enough to calm it down and the car came out of it fine and the fart can is about to go on tonight and well thats all i can think about for now.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
That's a nice tool huh? Worked great for doing my diff. My ABS is hanging too until I can source up the non ABS shit to remove everything. Think we're gonna start calling you S14 Doug.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
QUOTE (Just Droo @ Jul 29 2009, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's a nice tool huh? Worked great for doing my diff. My ABS is hanging too until I can source up the non ABS shit to remove everything. Think we're gonna start calling you S14 Doug.
yea Id like to ditch all the abs shit too. Lol S14 Doug atleast it makes sense since all ive had is 14's. But Heres a vid Shitty quality but you can kinda see atleast its not blurry and i think i found my rev limiter.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Man! That tire checked out early huh? you got stock suspension Doug?

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
QUOTE (Just Droo @ Aug 10 2009, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man! That tire checked out early huh? you got stock suspension Doug?
Indeed it did haha but Nope Im riding on springs

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
So haven't updated the thread in awhile with whats goin on with the car So in a couple pics ill explain.

So I painted my kouki wing gloss black an put it on and threw on my 3inch exhaust.

Bought Brandons old greddy headers he had on his 1st caged hatch lol

Rockin one of john's stickers i messed up the other one DOH

I changed the oil to something thicker since the motor likes to make some noise when it gets slid and it was due in for a oil change

Also I got mustang wheels there 17x8 +30 I got s drives on the front an some pirellis on the back front tires are 215/40/17 so its a lil stretch and rears are 225/45/17

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users