Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mestizo's 92 Nissan 240SX Coupe Build Thread

• Please log in to reply
527 replies to this topic

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Ok I got the seats on the rails what a bitch that was trying to line everything upl and the directions were not much help since they were in Japanese lol. But after I got the driver's seat on the passenger side went a lot smoother.

My first impression of sitting in them is they are higher than stock as far as the position of the driver's legs, however the rail itself is not any higher. I slid the seat all the way back till it hit my auto seatbelt retractor and it stopped so I believe that I would have more room if I could slide it all the way back. The main issue is the rails tilt up as the seat slide's foward and tilt down as they slide back. So my legs with it all the way back are closer to the steering wheel than before. That being said, my waist is further back and closer to the floor than before, so it's kind of good and bad. I guess I will have to see how it feels tonight and then later on when I get my MOMO steering wheel which is dished and my quick release hub, these two together will bring the wheel alot closer to me and away from my legs.

Also I took a pic of the engine bay so u can see how clean 6 mins at the pressure wash place got my engine. It still looks a bit rusty but if u had seen it before the pressure wash... man what a difference.

Cleaned up engine bay so I can easily find leaks.

Again UPS brings goodness... Bride rails brand new and VIRGIN!!! lol

Old seats and the $10 covers I put on em, you don't even want to knwo what they look like underneath!

My Recaro SRD seats in the car, I bought these seats for $425 because of the fabric being rubbed thru, lol real Recaro SRD seats for $425 and I can get them reupholstered for $200... Not bad ehh!?!?!?

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Girls
Lookin good!!!
02 Toyota Celica GT (dead)
91 Honda CRX LS V-tec (will be missed)
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (RicerX @ Dec 15 2006, 08:09 PM)
Lookin good!!!

Thanks! I didnt do much to the car today I had a lot of othjer things to do instead, however I did manage to take the stock rear wing off of it, I hate the look of those wings. More to come later. Ill try to take some pics of the car tonight so everyone can get a better idea of what the car looks like now.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Ok took some pics yesterday night before we went drifting, one of the buttons on my digital camera is broken so I can't adjust some of the settings to get decent night shots. These are the best I could come up with, Ill have to do some day shots later. Altho my car is kinda beat up at the moment u can see the progress of it thru all these pics.

Here is the trunk you can see where the holes for the stock spoiler mounts, tape is there for now until i can do some body work, this also shows the remaining tint I still need to pull off.

I need to drop the front end another 1/2" to 3/4" and ill be happy but for now this is how she sits.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Dec 15 2006, 12:37 AM)
Ok just a quick up date before the weekend begins. I sold my CP pistons, so I order up a bunch more stuff with the money. Brand New Nissan Silvia S13 head light brackets, Brand New Silvia Corner Lights and Intense Power GT-Racing 3" Stainless Steel Cat-back Exhaust.

Ok from the quote above I ordered some stuff from intense motorsports in AZ, well to say the least they dropped the ball on my order, in the end I just told them to cancel it. So I will not be getting the corner lights, brackets or exhaust. However I did order a set of Energy Suspension tension control rod bushings since my bushings are shot, this will get me by until I can by some adjustable rods.

On a happier note, my Silvia Dual Halogen head lights (a.k.a. brick lights) came in and also my girl bought me some brand new Nissan radio brackets for xmas, woohoo no more giant hole in the dash. These will also go good with the Kenwood KDC-MP332 Mp3 player deck she bought me for xmas too! I don't have pics of the deck as it has not been delivered yet.

Silvia Head Lights

Radio Brackets

Before and after the brackets were installed.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
Lookin good!!!
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (RicerX @ Dec 25 2006, 12:15 PM)
Lookin good!!!

UPDATE!

Thanks, well I got an unexpected amount of xmas money that came my way! So I order up a Carbing front strut bar and SPL fender braces from SPLparts.com, also I got a set of Brembo cross drilled/slotted rotors from ebay. Plus my dad got me a set of Russell stainless steel braided street legal brake lines! emthup.gif Man it's been a great 240sx Xmas so far... lol too bad it wasn't a better xmas for everyone else tho. But life goes on and some how my girl and I always make it thru.

On a side note I finally burned thru my first set of tires, lol it was funny cuz I was out a spot doin driftnuts and trying to dori when two mustangs roll up and start doing there own version of what I was doing. It was pretty funny to watch a non-posi mustang attempt to do driftnuts and figure 8's. ANyways so i pretty much showed them up in my less than 155rwhp auto 240sx. After a few mins of driftnuts my passenger rear tire thru a fat chunk of rubber... hahahaha so that ended the drifting for the night. It didnt piss me off in fact i was happy that I finally burned off my first set of many to come.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
More updates, got my bushings and knock sensor also the car passed smog with no issues today. I pulled my rear tires so that I can get some Yokohama ES100's ill put those on the front and then switch the front wheels to the back to burn off the set of shitty tires that the car came with.

Here are a couple of pics of the chunk i thru off my tires on xmas eve lol.

My brake lines that my dad got me for xmas. emthup.gif

Front tension rod bushings.

New Knock Sensor.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Ok sorry for the lack updates... I been busy working onthe car and other stuff. Anyways so I got a bunch of stuff done to the car as u can see below. Since the install of the new front tires and the sub frame collars the car has really gotten more controllable. It's a lot easier to throw the car sideways and keep it there. I'm really happy with the way car is now I just need to get an alignment and she should be good for a while.

So here is a list of things I have done since the last post:
Andrew got me some Sub Frame Collars from Techo Toy Tuning (T3)
I installed my brembo rotors and Russell brake lines
I changed the brake fluid to Motul DOT4 racing brake fluid
I removed all the A/C lines and condenser from the car,
Set the front camber at -2.5
I bought a set of Pioneer 2 way 5 1/4" speakers for the front doors
Got a trunk lid from Pick N Pull for $23 without spoiler holes and installed it
Installed the good Drivers front fender I got from Pick N Pull a whille back
Installed the Kenwood deck that my girl got me for Xmas
Installed the front tension rod bushings
Installed knock sensor
Changed the rear shock setting 2 clicks stiffer
Removed the stock front license plate holder and screwed the plate directly into the bumper

Trunk lid without holes

Driver's fender installed and lined up

Kenwood installed

T3 rear Sub Frame Collars

Installing the sub frame collars, this is the stock rear bushings before the collars. The collars for the most part make my rear bushings completely solid. You can see the wet areas where I sprayed WD40 to help loosen the old nuts and bolts.

Here they are installed without the lower washer and nut. Pretty dam good fit cuz this is just pushed in and they stayed without falling out.

This is the stock front brake rotor, caliper and rubber line. Soon to be Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted, rebuilt front calipers and Stainless braided brake lines!

Front rotor installed

Rear rotor removed

New line in place

Rebuilt front caliper, stainless line and rotor installed

Rear all done

Here is my new brake fluid, this stuff is good shit!

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
OOOh those rotors look sexy, whered u get the brake fluid from?
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (RicerX @ Jan 7 2007, 11:55 PM)
OOOh those rotors look sexy, whered u get the brake fluid from?

Thanks, alot of people ask me why I didnt go to a set of 300ZX Z32 calipers and a 5 lug swap, the answer is it's useless on the kind of car I am building right now. So a stock upgrade to Brembo's and better pads is all i need until I need more braking power. As for the fluid you can get it at most performance car shops or motorcycle shops that is where I got it, but it's expensive at $13 a bottle it only took me one bottle to bleed/change my fluid but I bought 2 anyway.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
Damn, 13 bucks? Must be some good shit.gif.
H1Racing.com

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
QUOTE (RicerX @ Jan 10 2007, 04:56 AM)
Damn, 13 bucks? Must be some good shit.gif.

Not just good shit, great shit.

MOTUL 90PA gear oil FTW excl.gif hooray.gif

Andrew

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Ok more update just not as many pics as usual cuz I been lazy lol

1/7/2007
Adjusted trunk lid and ordered drift ebrake knob from eBay

1/8/2007
Ordered wide angle LED 1157 tail light and 1156 turn signal bulbs for the rear of the car from ebay. My Pioneer speakers were delivered and I bought a piece of 14” x 10’ Aluminum flashing from Home Depot.

1/9/2007
Installed Pioneer front speakers.

1/10/2007
Made Radiator cooling plate from the Aluminum flashing I bought. THe pic makes the thing look all bent to shit when its not that bad.

1/12/2007
Finally burned off the 2nd set of tires. emthup.gif

1/13/2007
Picked up 2 new 195/60/15 Warrior HR tires from America’s tire co and had Andrew mount them at his old work place.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Ok so it's time to update again.

Got my LED lights and drift knob installed. I ordered a Momo hub for my car since Andrew is letting me use his Momo Mod 8 steering wheel and FET quick release, this is because it will take a while to put his new car together. Thanks bro! emthup.gif Also I got a master bushing set from energy suspension and my SPL fender braces came today. I found out after opening the box for the fender braces that they are in fact Nagisa fender braces and are not made by SPL.

Led bulbs and drift knob.

Tail light assembly installed, then removed with stock bulbs and then with the LED's installed.

Stock E Brake knob with the spring inside. You pull the stock knob off pull the spring out so the e brake will not stay locked in the up position when u pull it up, next you install the stock knob and then push the drift knob over the stock one. The reason for changing this is so the e brake will only stay locked up when u pull the drift knob outward.

Drift knob not pulled out.

Now with the e brake up and the drift knob pulled out it stays locked in the up position like it did before.

Bushings.

Nagisa Fender Braces, these help with chassis flex by bracing together the weakest joints of my 240 the engine bay to the cabin.

Stock steering wheel

Momo hub and FET quick release

Momo Mod 8 steering wheel locked in! LOL don't mind the TRD horn button... like I said before this is on loan from Andrew.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
Hey, let me borrow the TRD button till I get an actual TRD steering wheel! Jus Jokin.
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
lol u gotta talk to Andrew about that one, but at least it works so I can honk at assholes on the road.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
UPDATES!!!

Today Andrew and I went to Davis to look at a car that his lil sister was thinking about buying. Well after waiting around in Davis for an hour at the dude's house we decided to leave since he did not show and would not return any phone calls. After that fun time we came back and decided to put my Nagisa fender braces on. Shit what a difference in stiffness and steering response! I'm defintely happy with this purchase!

Started with pulling the front end off the car.

This is where the fender brace will go.

Remove 3 bolts from the door brackets

Now u just put the brace in place with the original bolt's, then u put the rear nut/stud plate in the rectangular hole you see in the pic. Now u snug up the bolts to center the brace and center punch where the smaller of the 2 holes is.

Now you remove the nut/stud plate and drill out the 2nd hole where it was center punched.

3/8" Hole drilled.

Nut/stud plate reinstalled and bolted down tight.

DONE! emthup.gif

courierboy

courierboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
dude! love the build! gooood shiettttt cuz! clap.gif

sorry, been a while since i followed up on my car shiet...still tryin to come up with funds for the misc stuff ima have to buy/pay for later on..esp the front end.

LoL on the Christmas comment.. yah, some gurl rear-ended my yaris on freaken dec.25, 1130pm @ walerga and elkhorn. Nuttin much happened to the rear bumper.. just bout $600 worth. Hopefully the lady will pay up around Feb. Hehe! ayt mayn.. talk to ya soon..

thumbsup.gif

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Well I ordered up some new front lower control arms from PDM racing since the arms that are in there now are pretty worn. I also installed the ES bushings in the control arms and sway bar.

Torching the new rubber bushings out of the new control arm, lol these bushings didnt even see 1 day of use and they were taken out.

After the tourch and wood rasp to remove the large portions i followed up with a wire wheel in the good ole Makita.

Now that the outer metal portion is clean is time to grease up the bushings and press em in.

All done and ready to be installed.

Now to install the new control arms and sway bar bushings.

Removing the tension rod and sway bar end link nuts.

Now for the ball joint, this is one of the best $63 I have ever spent on a tool in my life! I got this ball joint popper from Acura about 6 years ago, it pops the ball joints without destroying the seal. Also it makes one hella of a thud when it breaks the ball joint loose.

Now that the joint is loose the control arms just falls down.

Old arm vs. new arm.

Sway bar comes out now.

Sway bar out with the stock rubber bushings.

New bushings on and ready to be installed.

Done!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users