Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mestizo's 92 Nissan 240SX Coupe Build Thread

• Please log in to reply
527 replies to this topic

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
lol no prob bro

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Girls
hmmm.gif
02 Toyota Celica GT (dead)
91 Honda CRX LS V-tec (will be missed)
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Well got a few update's, I've been kinda of lacking in this area mainly cuz of not having enough money and working on other projects. Anyways last week I went picked up a pair of B-magic 50mm rear wide/over fenders from a guy in Daly city, also I primered my side skirt black and installed them onto the car.

Passenger and driver's side rear over fenders

Bad pic of the side skirt painted and installed, I'll try to take some better side shots later.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Quick video update, I put together a vid from the past 3 weeks.

http://mestiso.net/m...zo3-25-2007.wmv

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
Nice man! Your skills are comming along...I am sure it has alot to do with the amount of seat time you are getting. Your car is comming along nicely also...Still rocking the auto?

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (Jonnie Fraz @ Apr 6 2007, 11:15 PM)
Nice man!  Your skills are comming along...I am sure it has alot to do with the amount of seat time you are getting. Your car is comming along nicely also...Still rocking the auto?

Thanks, yea I get about 20 mins every fri and sat night and yes im still rocking the auto lol I dont have the money yet to get my rb25 swap.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (Jonnie Fraz @ Apr 6 2007, 11:15 PM)
Nice man!  Your skills are comming along...I am sure it has alot to do with the amount of seat time you are getting. Your car is comming along nicely also...Still rocking the auto?

Hey did u ever weld ur diff? u need to come out one night and see what u can do!

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Apr 7 2007, 08:19 PM)
Hey did u ever weld ur diff? u need to come out one night and see what u can do!

I have not done it yet...I just won a auction with an r32 2 way, so I am gonna install that. It also comes with another open diff that I am gonna weld up. I need to come out and play one night.
Did you ever get your Nismo brace built? I am getting ready to fab some stuff up, and I would be glad to build it for you. I am going to build a couple of jigs so I can build a few more custom parts.
Let me know.

Take care

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
I have not gotten a power brace I was going to have u build one for me when I some extra cash, just let me know what u want to make one for me. When u get ure diff in just give me call and we can head out one night for some fun. What else are u fabbin up?

QUOTE (Jonnie Fraz @ Apr 9 2007, 02:26 PM)
I have not done it yet...I just won a auction with an r32 2 way, so I am gonna install that. It also comes with another open diff that I am gonna weld up. I need to come out and play one night.
Did you ever get your Nismo brace built? I am getting ready to fab some stuff up, and I would be glad to build it for you. I am going to build a couple of jigs so I can build a few more custom parts.
Let me know.

Take care

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Apr 9 2007, 05:12 PM)
I have not gotten a power brace I was going to have u build one for me when I some extra cash, just let me know what u want to make one for me. When u get ure diff in just give me call and we can head out one night for some fun. What else are u fabbin up?

I would do the power brace for you just for the fun of doing it, and to test out the jig. Let me know.
I an working on building fender braces, kind of a hybred between Nagisa and Ultra. I want to fab some braces like the Nagisa Shakitto braces, but with a little twist.
Seriously let me know about the power brace, I will need a couple of days to finish the jig, but then it's game on.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
FREE!!!! Thats cool with me, whenever u want to do it just let me know. I'd love to see what ur cooking up lol... So yea just give me a call or email me. I wonder if u could make a rear strut tower bar that I have thought about making for a few years now.

I got a few updates to my car, since Andrew got his car running I had to give back his steering wheel and quick release. So I bought a Momo MOD 08 steering wheel and NRG Slim quick release(FET copy). They came today so I got those installed this afternoon. My Version Select version II Silvia front bumper and 20mm fenders should be here soon. Also a freind of mine that I met while drifting will prolly pick up a silvia hood for me later this week. Can't wait to get it all on.

I forgot to mention that 2 weekends ago I mounted my Silvia K's replica rear valences and stripped off the remaining tint from back window. I took pics but they didnt turn out that good, which is why i have not posted them. But soon Ill take some pics of all the proress.

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
Sweet...I will try to get the jig done this week. As for the rear brace if you can design it I can build it.
I am looking forward to some more pics.

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
You guys should do this:
Here are some spare traction rods that I had lying around. I'm too broke to get the nice stuff so upon recomendation from a friend and a jappo drift mag, I decided to test this out and shorten up some stock traction rods. I'm also pressing in some urethane bushings in to them. The bottoms are boxed and fused.

YES! Shortened stock traction rods are the only way to roll. EDIT: which are the 'forward links'. That will allow you to align stupid S Chassis with them being BH low.

What I'm talking about is the forward link. Shorten it by about 20mm and you can align the car pretty good even if its tucking rim. I should have done that on your car. Meaning you should do that. And slam that bitch back down. Yea?

shorting the front traction rod 1/4-1/2 inch Or all the way short if you have adjustable rods makes you have more traction in drift. it will accelerate harder/faster in drift.

Anyone see my S13's alignment? it was MEGA toe-out. Even with maxed toe adjustment. You could go adjustable toe rods, but they bend on your subframe at that height, so a short forward link (traction rod, whatever) gives you a straighter alignment, while also pulling the wheel forward a bit more and liek Baby said giving you more traction while drifting.

I think it has to do with everything on the multilink rear suspension being active during cornering, since you shorten that rod a lot, it probably gives you a bunch more toe in during compression which in turn is more grip, especially when you're sliding.

I dunno, that's my theory. I also talked to Pfeiffer about aligning my car last year. He said to do this was the only way.

Andrew

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
^Looks cool...Way easy to do also. Man I need to make a run to the junk yard and pick up some stuff.
I got the jig done to build the front brace for you, just let me know.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Cool man just let me know when u wanna do it and do u want me to get some space tc brackets from the yard?

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Apr 11 2007, 04:55 PM)
Cool man just let me know when u wanna do it and do u want me to get some space tc brackets from the yard?

If you want to get some spare brackets and do it up, or you can pull yours and bring them over, whichever is better for you. I don't have any spares at the moment. It will not take me long to build it, so you should not be down long. I can't deny you your seat time...lol

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (Jonnie Fraz @ Apr 11 2007, 06:06 PM)
I can't deny you your seat time...lol

LOL thanks man it is very important, hahahaha. How long do u think it will take?

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
I got a few quick updates. My VS front bumper and fenders should be here soon according to Andrew's source on Ziptied.com, also I had Jersey Chris pick me a up a Silvia hood and some corner lights from Venus today since I cannot get there before they close. I hope to have the front on within the next 2 weeks if the VS stuff gets shipped soon. Anyway on with a few pics.

Pics of my Silvia "Brick" headlights with the corner lights installed.

Here is a shot of my Silvia hood.

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Apr 11 2007, 10:13 PM)
LOL thanks man it is very important, hahahaha. How long do u think it will take?

If you bring me the brackets, it will only take about an hour tops to build. I am going to get all the parts ready ahead of time so all I have to do is clean them up, jig them up and weld them up. I have a small window of time between getting off work, and going to pick up my daughter from school. From 2:00-5:00 tomorrow, or we can try on Saturday morning.
Here is a pic with my brace bolted into the jig.

Let me know.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
That looks sweet! Well let me see what I can do about getting it off and over to you. Ill let u kno later tonight for sure. Thanks!

I got a bit of bad news about my front end parts. The fenders are here but the bumper will not be available till mid may they say. So I wont have either of them until may. Now the decision is if I should just go with the Origin Lab stylish bumper instead?!??! THey look really similar but the origin lab version has larger openings on the left and right of it... HMMMMMMMMMMM what should I do?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users