Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Just Droo's Zenki S14 Build Thread

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
So boys and girls as some of you know my brother (Drew) has been looking for an S14. We have looked at a couple with out finding the right combo of price and quality.
Well Mestiso sent me a link about a 96 auto that dude wanted $2300 for it. Over the last few days he had been dropping the price. Personally for a clean title 96 $2300 was more than fair. Well I won't tell you what we got it for here on the forums, but it was way less than $2300. I was a little blown away when he told me the final price.
It needs a little work. Motor is very strong, needs a door and a fender...but mechanicly a very sound car. So here are a couple of pics.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Well, I finally got some pics together and a general idea of what I am trying to accomplish with this car. Now, it's time to put it all together. First things first, I got to get this thing legal. As you can seen from some of these early pics my car is sportin' the DMV's mark of the beast temporary operating permit.

One of my favorite pics because this is not the shit side.

This is the shit side. After all the legal stuff I can hope to replace the door, but like I said before I got to get this little guy to go away and then I can smog and get all the necessary paperwork from DMV. -------->

This little bastard has been staring at me for a while now. With the added assistance from Jonnie Fraz and Master Z this little guy should disappear for ever. Thanks again guys.

More pics to come. Just removed rear seats and rear seat belts. Gotta make room for the cage right?

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
I hate that little light haha but lookin forward to how she looks in the end!!!! Wish my car was that color lol

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (Just Droo @ Jun 20 2008, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just removed rear seats and rear seat belts. Gotta make room for the cage right?

I am gonna hold to this verbal contract! I expect there to be a cage in the back of this thing! Don't play with my emotions... confused.gif

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
It's a deal man. One the first things to come after the obvious is structural integrity and lots of it.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Sweet! thumbsup.gif

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Yeah. Jon and I went over some different ideas tonight. We looked at the FatLace S14 and the cage will be very similar.

The color is another thing. Probably not going to do the battleship grey thing, but maybe flat dark green with bronze wheels. Aaah...to dream cake.gif

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
That should look sick! Green and bronze go good together too.

My girl's 14, that is if she gets this S14 should be a Hello Kitty monster... lol but it's her car so she can do with it as she pleases. It would be funny all of us out there sliding then u see this girl in a Kitty mobile tearing shit up too thumbsup.gif

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
QUOTE (Just Droo @ Jun 21 2008, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The color is another thing. Probably not going to do the battleship grey thing, but maybe flat dark green with bronze wheels. Aaah...to dream cake.gif

Flat dark green? eh. Flat colors don't do it for me anymore. Not unless its on a mean looking widebody s15... except thats a matt clearcoat not a flat.

I think there was a nice metallic green on the kouki s14's. IIRC that's what zach's car was painted wasn't it Rob?

Cage. yessssss. stiff goood.

And having the hello kitty car killing it would be awesome.

Andrew

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Yes Zach's was metallic green at first, but that one we saw him out in Natomas it was a JDM green which didn't have much metallic in it. But I do like that metalic green on 14's and bronze would be nice with that color.

Also the Kitty mobile should be a reality very soon. thumbsup.gif

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Yeah. Hello Kitty Monster would be sick. I can picture some pearl white S14 with powdercoated hot pink wheels. It'd be crazy. Here's the green I was thinking of maybe a little darker and probably the carrizma colors stuff from BASF.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Yea i like that matte green and ur right a lil bit darker would be sick.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Just picked up clutch master and slave cylinder today. So the swap list as is follows:

5 spd tranny
clutch master
clutch slave
clutch pedal
ecu

Still need and will probably get next week:
shifter
clutch
flywheel
driveline
cross member
clutch hard lines

Tomorrow I am off to pick n pull to hopefully locate some of the list.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
I have a shifter you can have all you need to do is buy a new boot for it and your good to go. Also if you can find out if an SR20DET clutch and p/p fit the KA you can have my stock clutch from my SR.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Based on what I looked at, it won't fit. Thank you for the shifter man. Really appreciate it.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Might have found the CAS at NAPA auto parts online for $44.99. Gangster.

Chime in to verify please all the photos I have seen have been junk.

Also, I'm pretty sure I have a ABS and an ABS controller on the "hump" over the driveshaft. Should this be one of those things I remove before sliding? I've heard the whole assembly can shave about 60 some odd pounds, but if it's too much of a pain in the ass I might as well pull the fuse when I slide.

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
No need for abs. I've had a few instances where I wanted all 4 to lock up or fronts only to rotate the car. Or rip the e-brake while braking to rotate the car... SO abs is a no-no.

Andrew

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Yup thats the sensor u need for sure! As for the ABS pull the fuse for now, but maybe later look into finding a non abs car and take all the hard lines and proportioning valve off it to swap into your car.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
New ecu too?

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (Just Droo @ Aug 18 2008, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
New ecu too?

U mean for the ABS to non abs change over? If so I don't think the ECU controls the ABS on the S14.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users