Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What I Roll I In

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Girls
QUOTE (mestizo @ Nov 12 2007, 06:12 PM)
Good shit glad to see it's getting better!

Thanks!
02 Toyota Celica GT (dead)
91 Honda CRX LS V-tec (will be missed)
H1Racing.com

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
QUOTE (RicerX @ Sep 2 2007, 02:03 AM)
Im also planning to get performance rod bearings, to let more oil pass thrue, forged rods and pistons. I dont want no more motor drama.

Stock bearings. FTW.

Aftermarket 'performance' bearings are not really worth much in an import motor. The really good motor builders that I know of (honda/toyota) all use OEM bearings.

Andrew

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (assassin10000 @ Nov 13 2007, 10:48 AM)
Stock bearings. FTW.

Aftermarket 'performance' bearings are not really worth much in an import motor. The really good motor builders that I know of (honda/toyota) all use OEM bearings.

Andrew

Oh, I was gonna get them becuase the bearings are supposed to allow more oil to the rods, and supposedly be able to run without oil for a bit. I just wann avoid having to get another motor.
H1Racing.com

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
QUOTE (RicerX @ Nov 15 2007, 01:08 AM)
Oh, I was gonna get them becuase the bearings are supposed to allow more oil to the rods, and supposedly be able to run without oil for a bit. I just wann avoid having to get another motor.

More oil? Only by running larger clearances, or a fully grooved bearing setup. Which = LESS bearing material to handle the constant loads/forces the rods will see. And weaker. And it's BS unless your running race oils and need larger clearances for running super high rpms for super extended periods of time.

AND it's complete bullshit that you can run without oil, without oil = spun bearing and possibly damaged crankshaft... or engine block.

Stock bearings. Stock oil pump.

And if your worried about 'more' oil you can shim the oil pump to run a SLIGHTLY higher pressure. (don't go crazy, talk to someone that knows what to do). Stock/Stock you should be PLENTY good to go unless you do something to cause serious detonation/pinging - in which case both stock & aftermarket bearings aren't going to help you, at all.

Andrew

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (assassin10000 @ Nov 15 2007, 12:30 PM)
More oil? Only by running larger clearances, or a fully grooved bearing setup. Which = LESS bearing material to handle the constant loads/forces the rods will see. And weaker. And it's BS unless your running race oils and need larger clearances for running super high rpms for super extended periods of time.

AND it's complete bullshit that you can run without oil, without oil = spun bearing and possibly damaged crankshaft... or engine block.

Stock bearings. Stock oil pump.

And if your worried about 'more' oil you can shim the oil pump to run a SLIGHTLY higher pressure. (don't go crazy, talk to someone that knows what to do).  Stock/Stock you should be PLENTY good to go unless you do something to cause serious detonation/pinging - in which case both stock & aftermarket bearings aren't going to help you, at all.

Andrew

Good info, Its a good thing Ive got you around to tell me yay or nay. I will keep that ion mind for future refrences.
H1Racing.com

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users