Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

rock n roll

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Ok for some reason the topic name poped into my head when I looked at the pics of my wheel. For those of you who dont know, I am courier and I drive 320 miles daily on my 96 Civic coupe. Well today while coming down highway 20 like i always do a 10 inch wide rock decided it wanted to hit my rolling tire at 55mph. The rock is obviousoly from the construction they are doing on that road, they have been blasting the rock mountain walls so that they can make the road wider. Well they missed a peice!!!!!!!!!!!! The car in front of me also helped the rock find my wheel, a lot of other cars swerved to miss the rock, so i figured the guy in front of me would show me where to go. Well what he did was swerve out of the way of the rock the very last second he could which left me with no time to move. Let me tell you the sound of this was just horrific to me, pretty much the loudest metallic boom/cracking noise I have every heard in my life. The end result my wheel split in half and I rolled on a sliver of my wheel til i got the car stopped. So I will be filing a law suit against the county that this happened in, cuz Im not paying to fix my suspension or the wheel and tire that they destroyed.

What it looked like before the rock.

Here like i said the reason why rock n roll dont go together!

These last two you can see where the rock had initially hit the tire and wheel.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Girls
Wow, homemade 2-piece. That sucks, arent those wheels expensive?
02 Toyota Celica GT (dead)
91 Honda CRX LS V-tec (will be missed)
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
LOL, no not really expensive, but still a lil over a $100 a piece. Plus the cost of the tire and whatever else it fucked up too.

silentj95835

silentj95835

I can't make up my mind!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
that is fucking crazy bro. glad your alright.

Paint pics from my photobucket:
parts
fun stuff
customers parts
complete cars: Jesse James, Drew, Mestizo's and my cars

http://s201.photobuc...8/SILENTJ95835/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users