Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Just Droo's Zenki S14 Build Thread

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Cool. Just thought since everything runs through the shit i'd double check. Infenion....yeayah

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Day 161 - New door & Welded Diff preparation--->

I should have taken more pics, but trust me on this diff removal tomorrow there will be tons. F'n tech forum shit.

So here's the busted door

The stockish interior

See where the gauges will go?

Somewhat gutted rear

Mine will be cleaner - Not as much cutting.

To Be Continued...Next Episode ---> Diff removal, weld, install, and testing

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Day 163 - Diff removal and instant disappointment. sad.gif

The new gold door. Ready to rattle can?

These rear subframe bolts were actually not the tightest ones of the bunch. The driveshaft bolts were insane. Mucho props Jon for breakin' them loose. We got mad crafty.

Anyone want a VLSD for two and half?

Next installment - Welded S13 open diff with minor modifications, and new Stealth Custom Fab bracing. Yeah!

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Dam VLSD's! O well that was a learning experience and soon enough it will be locked!

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
Fuck viscous thats 4 sure! that sucks tho. too bad the black 14s diff wasnt open or welded

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
No worries. Got a bidder in Woodland for $210. Do I hear $225? lol

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
QUOTE (Just Droo @ Aug 29 2008, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No worries. Got a bidder in Woodland for $210. Do I hear $225? lol

Going!

Going!

Gone!!!

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
So is this what I need to make that S13 diff work Jon or Rob?

About $20.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
I dunno about that... seems like a lot of stuff that may not hold up to the abuse. I think maybe we should look into getting a shaft made at this point.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
Drew Where did you sell your diff at i have a dang viscous sitting in my garage hahaha

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Don't jinx me yet dude. Craigslist. With any luck I am gonna meet guy near woodland for $210.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Alright boys and girls, it's in there. My donated S13 open diff now welded and in the car. Churp, churp, churp. Music to my F'n ears. Manual swap is still in the works. Only remaining items to buy, which hopefully I can pick up tomorrow: clutch hard lines, and clutch soft line, bell housing bolts, flywheel bolts. See you out there soon.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Yup Yup locked ass is the only way to fly! lol

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Oooooh it's loose. lol! Hey Rob, what do you know about Rota wheels? Some of them look gangster, but the whole $800 for wheels and tires makes me kind of leary. Check these SVN's (Volk RE30 knockoffs)

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
LOL the Rota wheel question... well to me there is nothing wrong with Rota's I have had several sets and not one of them has let me down. Usually most people clown on them cuz they are not a name brand and are cheap, however I am not one of those people that need to have a name brand to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. The biggest issue with Rota's for nissan is they usually don't have good offset's and are a bit heavy. To me it's really up to you, whatever you like is what you should get... fuck the haterz! lol The Rota's you posted look cool to me, however I think I would need to see a RWD offset before I would go with them.

I personally think that a set of MB Battle's in an 18x9.5 +15 are a decent wheel at a decent price and look sick in that size on a stock body S14. But again I don't care about name brand so the name "MB" doesn't faze me in the least, however if I had the money to waist I would love to do a set of Work VS-KF's.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
New addition! new addition! new addition!
Just got my Stealth Custom Fab Strut tower brace. Cha Ching! Here's the before and after :

God damn! wouldn't an SR look good in there. Get the green all done and have the valve cover shot gold with a black base coat. aaahh! yawn.gif

This is the Nekked Version. Got to get the paint on it plus the sticker.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the offsets. Rota offsets that I have found have been garbage. I really like the MB's too, but not to jack your style what do you think of the competitions?

Those Weds I was looking into are on closeout through tirerack, but there out of 18's.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
I like the MB comps, the weapons and especially on an S14 i like the battle's. It's all good if you wanna get any of the MB's for your car I won't be upset at all, cuz we cool and those wheels are cheap and decent looking! I am pretty positive that I will run the 18x9.5 +15 battles on my S14 when she gets rolling, the dam size/offset to price ratio just make it a no brainer for me.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Alright most of you have probably seen the bubble knobs or "dildo" knobs around, but I was thinking to add a little Japanese flavor to the whole manual conversion I picked up this Sapporo Keg Handle. It's like 12 or 13" long and with one of the plastic thread adapter I should be able to make it work. It's made out of lucite and has chopsticks in it. Just a little goofy shit to throw on with driving around town.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
lol good shit! When I went with Jason to buy a civic a couple years back it had a Beer Keg handle on it as well I forget which beer maker it was now, but the shit was funny to see as a shifter.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
I have been eyein' this shit forever, but could never find it for a decent price.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users