Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Venom 400

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Girls
Yo mestiso, I was looking at some venom 400 performance modules, and I saw that they made one for your car. Im planning on buying one cuz one of my friends told me its the shit. You should probably do some research on it. From what I read, it opens up 25% of your engines potential. They make one for your car. Im not trying to spam, im jus trying to help.
02 Toyota Celica GT (dead)
91 Honda CRX LS V-tec (will be missed)
H1Racing.com

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
It says it also eliminates down time or flat spots with automatics when they downshift.
H1Racing.com

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
QUOTE (RicerX @ May 25 2007, 10:37 AM)
It says it also eliminates down time or flat spots with automatics when they downshift.

Sorry, got to burst your bubble. shoot.gif Venom = crap. axe.gif chair.gif

It 'might' (being sacrastic) provide an initial boost by altering fuel/map signals, but the OEM ecu is advanced enough it WILL read the o2 sensor and realize it's running richer than designed and will dial back it's programming to match what it should be at.

And, as far as the trans deal goes - he's most of the way to having the pieces necessary for a 5sp swap pimp.gif

Andrew

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Thanks for the heads up Miguel! Yea the Venom unit has been around forever, and pretty much what Andrew said about it is right. It basically fools the ECU into thinking its in a cold start environment and richens the mixture a bit as well as bumps the timing. This is all done by your stock ECU all the venom does is send the signal telling the ECU to stay in cold start, however the O2 sensor after a while of running this way will realize this and start to reduce the injector duty cycle in order to bring the air/fuel mixture back to to where it should be for economy. The transmission portion of it prolly does the most good at least performance wise. Thats prolly their biggest selling point is to all the automatic guys. I remember when I had my auto Acura Legend, all the auto guys were scambling to get this, but then again this was also 1998-1999 when it came onto the market and there was nothing out yet for Legends or let alone import cars in general. The funny thing is you can look through your Toyota factory service manual, find the cold start portion of your wiring and it's resistance. Then you can go to radio shack and buy the right resistor and do the same thing. This is how the original JRSC setup's added more fuel was to add a relayed resistor to intake air temp senosor on the Honda motors to tell the ECU it was still on cold start. If your looking to tune your car for mostly bolt on upgrades get an Apexi S-AFC, V-AFC or the new AFC Neo, they will do the best at giving you a lil bit of tuning capabilities for bolt on stuff.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
Yea, i want to get the super afc, hopefully soon with the added income of being a carwash assistant manager "ooooo". Hopefuly I can get one before next month. Ive been trying to do work on my car, but I jus keep getting shot down money wise. Man, this sucks.
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
i hear you bro, just keep your head down and keep with it. Eventually it will all come together.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
Well, seein as i was jus pimp slapped with info, ive decided to save whatever money I can and get a vvt-i controller. unless anyone has some negetive info on it.
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Doesnt the V-AFC control that too? I know it controls the V-tec on honda's but I thought it did VVTI as well.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ May 27 2007, 04:54 AM)
Doesnt the V-AFC control that too? I know it controls the V-tec on honda's but I thought it did VVTI as well.

Dont know, everything I read it just said Vtec. Ill do some more research on it, but if it does then it would save me some money. Just did some research, the V-AFC does nothing for vvt-i. I know that theres a new greddy emanage that adjusts vvt-i, but i think its $500. Ill do more research on that. Ok, jus did some more research. Greddy has a new V-manage. Controls Mitsubishi MIVEC, Honda iVTEC, Nissan CVTC, Subaru AVCS, Toyota VVTi,and VVTL-I. Its priced a lil over $600.
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Dam that seems a bit steep, did u look up the new Apexi NEO controller to see if it does the VVTI?

lshatch916

lshatch916

Reverand Jones

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:Me and you, yo momma and yo cousin too
QUOTE (RicerX @ May 27 2007, 04:24 PM)
Dont know, everything I read it just said Vtec. Ill do some more research on it, but if it does then it would save me some money. Just did some research, the V-AFC does nothing for vvt-i. I know that theres a new greddy emanage that adjusts vvt-i, but i think its $500. Ill do more research on that. Ok, jus did some more research. Greddy has a new V-manage. Controls Mitsubishi MIVEC, Honda iVTEC, Nissan CVTC, Subaru AVCS, Toyota VVTi,and VVTL-I. Its priced a lil over $600.

600 dollars!?! Good Lord! Do you get a nice azn chick to blow while u install the afc?

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
AFC NEO only does V-TEC, so im SOL, but its still nice to have. As far as asian chicks, maybe if you flash the money your about to spend on the unit, then after your done with the install, and shes done, you book it. Its technically the same thing, except you gotta make sure you never see her again.
H1Racing.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users