Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Andrew's AE86 #2

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
More progress - finished removing the sound deadening. With the help of my heathen ass little sis.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Girls
OOO its gonna be loud, well, I huess it will be loud.
02 Toyota Celica GT (dead)
91 Honda CRX LS V-tec (will be missed)
H1Racing.com

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jan 26 2007, 12:01 AM)
Hey at least my scream was a man scream, and fuck that it was huge spider falling towards my eyes! blink.gif  Jahi woulda screamed like a lil girl and ran, just like he did when my NOS bottle fell on the ground and opened up.

U know, this had me thinkin, if a huge spider came at me, one as big as the one in the Mestiso and Ishatch916 topic, I woulda been running like a girl, jus think about it. Huge spider + Face = kicking and screaming. baby.gif Im with you Jahi!
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (RicerX @ Feb 1 2007, 11:51 PM)
U know, this had me thinkin, if a huge spider came at me, one as big as the one in the Mestiso and Ishatch916 topic, I woulda been running like a girl, jus think about it. Huge spider + Face = kicking and screaming. baby.gif Im with you Jahi!

yea spiders are our biggest weakness but I at least held my own, unlike Jahi who called me to come help him kill a spider that had him cornered in his house hahahahahaha

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
A little elbow grease, some good shit (degreaser & ammonia) - a pressure washer and mestiso soaking his shoes through got the inside cleaned and prepped/scuffed (scotch brite pads) for some engine bay & interior paint/primer.

Andrew

lshatch916

lshatch916

Reverand Jones

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:Me and you, yo momma and yo cousin too
QUOTE (mestizo @ Feb 2 2007, 12:43 PM)
yea spiders are our biggest weakness but I at least held my own, unlike Jahi who called me to come help him kill a spider that had him cornered in his house hahahahahaha

that was the muh fuckin king of all death taurantulas! It was like 8ft tall with 5ft fangs and shit...that muh fucka had me scared but i held my own! lol

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (lshatch916 @ Feb 4 2007, 04:38 AM)
that was the muh fuckin king of all death taurantulas! It was like 8ft tall with 5ft fangs and shit...that muh fucka had me scared but i held my own! lol

Het bro, I feel ur pain, even with baby spiders. If u end up with one on ur face, u have to think to urself, Is it poisonous. Then natural reaction forces you to run around in circles while slappin ur face and screaming just to notice that it moved on and is now going down ur arm. baby.gif
H1Racing.com

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
QUOTE (lshatch916 @ Feb 4 2007, 11:38 AM)

You didn't hold shit, you cried to mestiso like he was yo momma! baby.gif rofl.gif

WHOA - check this out. spider.gif it's coming for you.

Anyways, since morepics.gif let's continue on.

Got up this morning and mestiso came over and we masked off for paint. His pops came over with the spray gun and primer.

After that we mixed the new style filler/primer with the catalyst and mestiso hopped right in and started spraying as he want's to learn how to lay down some good paint.

We made it this far on the first quart of primer because of two things. One the gun wasn't spraying as fast/nice as it should, we suspect that the seals were a little dry from not being used in a while. And two once the primer is mixed it is only good for about 30-40 minutes, just like an epoxy it will set after a certain time.

This is why we stopped, wouldn't spit out of the gun anymore.

After mixing up the 2nd quart and cleaning the gun out it went really smooth as we thinned it out just a little to spray out faster.

All done with the interior.

Andrew

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
LOL what cracks me up is the fact that u can barely see the red parts that I couldnt get to in person, but the digital cam pics them up makes them look like i missed all kinds of shit. O well like i said before a small rattle can of primer will get into those tight places that I could not get the real gun.

All I know is next time i do this I am for sure going to have a paint mask instead of that stupid lil dust mask that I was wearing.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
It looks like everything is going smoothly. What was that thing mestiso was wearing over his head?
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (RicerX @ Feb 4 2007, 07:34 PM)
It looks like everything is going smoothly. What was that thing mestiso was wearing over his head?

LOL that was a painting hat, so that I didnt get overspray and shit all over my head while i painted.

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
A slight bit of progress today.

Remove the front struts which have been hanging out (literaly)

Removed the old fuel/brake lines.

Found out I can lift the front end off the jackstands with ease by myself with how stripped out the car is.

Andrew

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
More work done, removed p/s rack, lower control arms, tension rods & mounts, front sway bar and front crossmember.

Went by and picked up some wonderful chemicals to remove the rust from the battery tray, what leaked through the seams at the lf engine bay, and leaking clutch master.

1. Jasco paint/varnish etc remover
2. Naval jelly (Rust Remover - napa brand)

Here's the 1mp (mestiso power) corolla engine.

Note: the worst part of the rust was at the forward corner where the battery tray met the engine bay behind the left headlight bucket area. Unfortunately I didn't think about taking pics of where the worst of it was - oh well. It'll be fine now emthup.gif

Applying the jasco paint remover so we can see what kind of work we have ahead of us. In the picture below you can kinda make out the rust we were looking at cleaning up.

Applying naval jelly after removing the paint in the affected area's.

After all the oxidizing rust has been removed/chemically neutralized.

A quick coat of paint to keep it from rusting until next weekend for more black epoxy primer.

We also cleaned up the area on the backside of the battery tray area where rust had been seeping/working its way through the seam sealer. (sorry no pics after it was cleaned up, but before paint)

And last lightly rusted area, where a leaking clutch master cylinder had leaked brake fluid and stripped the paint away causing some light surface rust. (again, no before pics)

Removed SR-5 washer bottle/coolant reservoir mount bracket.

On both sides of the car pounded the pinch welds flat to prevent rubbing and gave it a light coat of undercoating to prevent rust on the metal exposed by beating the shit out of it with a BFH.

Thanks to mestiso for taking the brunt of the filthy chemical fumes.

Andrew

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Decided to start disassembling the rear diff today, unfortunately it was a late start at about 3:30 (didn't even get up til 2:30 for some reason). The right/passenger side axle was a motherfucker to get out rant.gif , I think the housing may have bent a little on that side. MAPP gas, a BFH, and some muscle will almost always get you through. hooray.gif Just got to go pick up a diff bearing from napa that's on order and I'll be taking it to a friend to have the rear diff rebuilt.

Removed both axles, the third member, rear brake calipers, brackets and mounts.

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Got up earlier than normal for a saturday and started cleaning & prepping the engine bay.

Stripped the paint of the raw metal cleaned from last weekend - engine enamel is great for this, brakeclean eats it back off. For easy quick fix during rain to prevent rust from starting over.

More spray by mestiso.

This primer stuff came out really nice in the engine bay.

Part of a can of Dupli-Color undercoating finished off both front fenderwells pretty nicely.

Next day, cleaned out the old & busted (to say the least) shell and swapped their positions.

Andrew

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Moving along a little more yesterday and today after work I pulled the engine bay/lighting harness, interior dash & wiring harness (including alarm) on the old shell.

No pics, too dark by the time I'm done to snap any.

Just fuel tank, front susp & steering, heatercore/hvac stuff left on the old car.

Andrew

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Pretty much finished stripping the interior, except for some nuts & bolts maybe. Engine bay also almost done, wiper motor, linkage, and some brake hardlines left. After that fuel tank, front suspension and that should do it for stripping the old shell and it's time to get going on building the new one.

Just got to remember to remove the evaporator core from the HVAC case, no chance for A/C anymore. Extra weight savings while mainting heater. emthup.gif

Andrew

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Had a few minutes after mounting 3 pairs of tires this evening, went ahead and split the evaporator core case and pulled the evap core. It probably weighs somewhere between 5-10lbs (closer to 10 I think).

With the core removed I needed to seal up some holes in the case so air wouldnt be lost out the side, instead of coming out my vents. Grabbed a tube of 3M windshield fast cure urethane (used to install windshields, super strong stuff) and sealed up the holes, the larger of which I had to cut up a spare body/firewall plug to fill.

I also used another body plug and the urethane to seal up the larger firewall opening for the evaporator lines, the smaller of which was plugged with another spare body plug from the old car. (no pic)

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
SR-5 swap stuff (will be in seperate posts for easier copying later on)

Installed clutch master, GT-S clutch hardline & GT-S slave cylinder.
Note: bracket for hardline is just swapped from the other frame rail of the sr-5 as it's the same for either model.

GT-S throttle cable.

Installed pedals (removed from old shell because they had the nice Celica GT-S Clutch & Brake covers, and IS300/Celica GT-S gas pedal)

Installed brake booster, GT-S booster vacuum hose and in the case of my 1984 year model Corolla/AE86; a 1985-87 brake proportioning valve.

I checked with a Toyota dealership on part #'s and the U.S. Corolla's from 85-87 all came with the same proportioning valve for SR-5 or GT-S. But the 1984 SR-5 has a different proportioning valve than the other year models (only available as SR-5 in the U.S. that year).

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
More work today, removed GT-S gas tank.

Installed speedo cable

Installed HVAC case/heater core/blower motor assemblies.

Sealed up the backside of the body seam which was pounded in previously for tire clearance (see posts above) where it split seam sealer. Again used the 3M Urethane.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users