Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

S15 conversion

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Dkslong

Dkslong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:Drifting,Skateboarding,touge,music,reading books,and bboying
Ok I want to change the Sil80 look cuz I love the S14 kouki/15 front look.If I wanted to change my front what do I need for either conversion.Japanese shop west Yokohama quoted me 3,600 dollars for the conversion.I Know I need conversion fenders headlights front bumper and headlights along with a hood can the hood be OEM?Also core support or custom brackets and some wiring changes for a S15 headlight set not hard.Am I missing anything?And if I wanted to the the S14 kouki what would I need? noexpression.gif I want to save money lol uz 3,600 is steep with the dollar weak against the yen

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
My personal opinion on front end changes is the S13 hatch looks cool with a 15 front, the S13 Silvia looks sick with a Kouki 14 front and the rest I don't really care for. Again thats my personal opinion and to each their own.

The hood on almost all of the conversions is basically the OEM hood for that front end altho you need to change the hood hinges out to the correct hinges for that application. The OEM headlights and front bumper will work too. The fenders are usually conversion fenders from like B Magic or Orgin Lab, then its just a matter of getting head light brackets that fit right. I know that B Magic makes a whole kit with all this included I am not sure about Origin Lab tho.

You can use a set of OEM fenders from both cars but the problem with that is you need someone who is good at fabrication to cut/fit them back together right, which is usually expensive.

Dkslong

Dkslong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jan 13 2009, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My personal opinion on front end changes is the S13 hatch looks cool with a 15 front, the S13 Silvia looks sick with a Kouki 14 front and the rest I don't really care for. Again thats my personal opinion and to each their own.

The hood on almost all of the conversions is basically the OEM hood for that front end altho you need to change the hood hinges out to the correct hinges for that application. The OEM headlights and front bumper will work too. The fenders are usually conversion fenders from like B Magic or Orgin Lab, then its just a matter of getting head light brackets that fit right. I know that B Magic makes a whole kit with all this included I am not sure about Origin Lab tho.

You can use a set of OEM fenders from both cars but the problem with that is you need someone who is good at fabrication to cut/fit them back together right, which is usually expensive.

What about a S14 conversion?

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
It's the same as the 15 conversion and oyu can get all the parts from the same places I talked about before.

Dkslong

Dkslong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jan 23 2009, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's the same as the 15 conversion and oyu can get all the parts from the same places I talked about before.

ok lol im done with conversions I want my car to look this http://www.geocities...180/DIY/DIY.htm also for shipping purposes i have to convert back to a 180sx oem look.pop up lights I actually like that better lol .Would I need a special bracket to go back to 180sx?

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
To go back to the 180 front you just need the 180 head light brackets and of course the 180 panels.

Dkslong

Dkslong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Mar 3 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To go back to the 180 front you just need the 180 head light brackets and of course the 180 panels.

ok finnaly I did it!!I went back to a 180sx.(pop up lites) Took me 2hours wooo but I have a problem!!!! The hood wont latch and stay closed.First I had a battery clearance issue(solved usin a smaller battery.Still hood wont stay closed any pointers before I take my 180 to the dealer?Oh also if ur wondering yes I moved the hood back and forth and I also unbolted the hood latch and moved it up and down.I havnt tried to remove the rubber bushing's yet though.(srry no pics my camera died-_-

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
The rubber bump stops are the only thing I can think of that is causing the hood to not latch. From what I have been told and seen is the bump stops are shorter on the 180 front end. Try taking them out and see if closes correctly, if not then look closer at the latch and see if it stuck open/closed.

Dkslong

Dkslong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ May 22 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The rubber bump stops are the only thing I can think of that is causing the hood to not latch. From what I have been told and seen is the bump stops are shorter on the 180 front end. Try taking them out and see if closes correctly, if not then look closer at the latch and see if it stuck open/closed.

FIXED^^ took it to the dealer my friend fixed it for free he said the ides weren't even.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users