Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ohh Hi!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

S13Chris

S13Chris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Nissans, sliding, mechanic, fabrication.
Hey whats up guys? My name is Chris. Im currently in the military and live in Norfolk, VA (for the time being), originally from Panama City, FL. Ive owned a few 240's over the years. Crashed my first one, went head on with a F150 at about 55 mph, he won that battle. Two weeks later on pain meds and a broken sternum I drove over to Pensacola, FL and picked up another s13 (which I currently still have today). Joined the military and a few months before I went on deployment, My fathers friend was trying to sell his completely stock se s14 for 800$. Steal, I got it. Invested about 800$ it, sold it a few months down the road for 2500$ (still a damn good price for the condition and what was on it after I got my hands on it).

My outer tie rods are done for, and I was looking up a tutorial on how to do it and strolled across the site; began to look at some of the other write ups then the multimedia section and was amazed with Mestiso's build and custom fabbing done by Jonnie. Decided I wanted to join the forum, share my knowledge and experience and just have a good time.

Here is a picture of me over in Portugal or Italy next to a tiny car.

Here are some specs and pictures of my s13. These pictures are a little out of date but they give an idea.

1996 Black Top SR20DET (E5 Ecu)
Tein Basic Coilovers
5 Lug conversion
300zx TT wheels; 225/50/16's
Energy Suspension master Kit
Ebay FMIC Kit
Circuit Sport Oil Catch Can
HKS SSQV
ARP Extended Wheel Studs
Huge Greddy Boost Gauge
3" Turbo Elbow & Downpipe & Resonated Test Pipe
Mishimoto Radiator (Koyo Copy)
4 Point Racing Harnesses, Both Seats Have Them
Wicked Tuning Inner & Outer Tie Rods (Need to install!!!)
Wicked Tuning Tension Rods
Sideskirts
Engine Torque Damper (Not Installed)
180sx Rear Garnish
Power Windows/Locks
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
HKS Mushroom Filter and Adapter
Blitz Turbo Timer
Auto Power 4 Point Roll Bar
3" Straight Pipe
OS Giken Super Single Clutch
vLSD
HKS Fuel Cut Defencer

Here she is about 2 months ago when I thought about selling her. Thank god I didnt!

Dont let the little bit of red on the bottom of the valve cover fool you, its a black top. Painted it red, then half assed it back to black. Shatty job eh?

Here she is as of about two weeks ago

SR13

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
Chris...Welcome buddy! Yep Mestiso's write are awesome!! The documentation on this site is unreal. If you are into AE86's at all you must read up on Assassin10000 write ups.
As you know when you take time to take pics and do write ups it takes about three times as long to do something. Thank you for the complements on my fab work...I try my best. thumbsup.gif

Your car looks nice! I have to admit I am not a real fan of the 300TT wheels, but they realy look great on your car!

Take care
Jonnie

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
SUp man welcome to the forum! It's always cool to find how people come across my site.

S13Chris

S13Chris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Thanks guys!
SR13

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
Whats up man nice lil intro lookin at the list of stuff on your car any perticular reason you run a vlsd out of curiousity?

S13Chris

S13Chris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Well the reason at the time was.... I got it for 50$ and was advised that daily driving on a welded diff was rough. I have 2 welded open diffs in the storage unit and am thinking about swapping one it. My vLSD locks hard, doesnt let up, always lays down rubber from both tires.

Also, in 04' not alot of people were running welded diffs. Im sure a few hardcore guys were but it was like..... looked down apon. I dono, its crazy.
SR13

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
The diff and alignment settings are really just user preference. Personally I love my welded cuz it's predictable and I know its always locked up. There are a couple Vlsd's that I have seen that lock up correctly but the majority of them do not. Either way if you like it then stay with it, if not you can always run one of your welded diffs just to try it out and see if you like it.

S13Chris

S13Chris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Dec 29 2008, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The diff and alignment settings are really just user preference. Personally I love my welded cuz it's predictable and I know its always locked up. There are a couple Vlsd's that I have seen that lock up correctly but the majority of them do not. Either way if you like it then stay with it, if not you can always run one of your welded diffs just to try it out and see if you like it.

Ya, my thoughts exactly. I had my father weld up a diff for one of my buddies and he has about the same setup as I have, S14/sr/frontmount/exhaust, ect. We put the welded diff in his and like you said it was predictable. It kicked out so nice when clutch kicking. My vlsd it locks on accel so I kinda have to wait for it, its not BAD but its nothing like a locked diff. Im thinking the welded will help out alot. Wont have to push as hard to lock and slide.
SR13

Dkslong

Dkslong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:Drifting,Skateboarding,touge,music,reading books,and bboying
welcome to the forums fellow nice to see another 180 member.

SALTiNE

SALTiNE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars, Video games, Pepsi, and Long Walks on the Beach
Welcome!!! I hecka miss my 1st 240sx....looks abit like yours sad.gif
As he was driving away with it....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users