Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ok Not Cool At All

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
Chp got me yesterday for no front plate then picked apart my car so now i have to get it to stock status he didnt wanna let one thing go he even looked to see if i had a damn cat on my exhaust stay out of vaca valley right before vacaville on i80 and the cop actually knew a thing or two about cars he was tellin me he was suprised i didnt have a sr20 sad.gif

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Girls
QUOTE (Sideways~S14 @ Jan 7 2008, 08:17 AM)
Chp got me yesterday for no front plate then picked apart my car so now i have to get it to stock status he didnt wanna let one thing go he even looked to see if i had a damn cat on my exhaust stay out of vaca valley right before vacaville on i80 and the cop actually knew a thing or two about cars he was tellin me he was suprised i didnt have a sr20  sad.gif

Your just a target for cops, you should put your car on sleeper status, stock on the outside, runs 12's on the inside.
02 Toyota Celica GT (dead)
91 Honda CRX LS V-tec (will be missed)
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
That or get a daily driver that is stock or stock looking. I learned a long time ago that a reliable daily driver is the best bet, cuz if you get a ticket or something goes wrong with your main car you still have a back up. Plus you will get hassled less since your weekend/fun car will not see the road as much.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jan 7 2008, 05:18 PM)
That or get a daily driver that is stock or stock looking. I learned a long time ago that a reliable daily driver is the best bet, cuz if you get a ticket or something goes wrong with your main car you still have a back up. Plus you will get hassled less since your weekend/fun car will not see the road as much.

Also keeps the miles low on the fun car, and more reliable for those race days (as long as you maintain it). So far im learning this the hard way, and my fun car is my daily driver at the moment.
H1Racing.com

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jan 7 2008, 04:18 PM)
Im goin to stock and im gonna sand it down and paint it a diff color cause black car has a higher profile right now i dont have the money to get a decent dd so i gotta rock the stock ka like you are doin rob and just work every other aspect of the car smile.gif and ricerx sleeper would be cool but i tend to not be able to drive like a sleeper and the fun car already has 161k sad.gif

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (Sideways~S14 @ Jan 8 2008, 03:06 PM)
Im goin to stock and im gonna sand it down and paint it a diff color cause black car has a higher profile right now i dont have the money to get a decent dd so i gotta rock the stock ka like you are doin rob and just work every other aspect of the car smile.gif and ricerx sleeper would be cool but i tend to not be able to drive like a sleeper and the fun car already has 161k sad.gif

HEY, my fun cars rockin 169k, but thats on the body, dont know bout the motor.
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (RicerX @ Jan 8 2008, 04:08 PM)
HEY, my fun cars rockin 169k, but thats on the body, dont know bout the motor.

My Stock KA in my nissan has 131K on it and it still hit turn 1 at thunderhill at 85mph sideways. My daily driver civic has 331K on the body and about 50k on the fresh rebuild. Milage is not a big deal as much as maintenance is.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jan 8 2008, 06:03 PM)
My Stock KA in my nissan has 131K on it and it still hit turn 1 at thunderhill at 85mph sideways. My daily driver civic has 331K on the body and about 50k on the fresh rebuild. Milage is not a big deal as much as maintenance is.

There was a guy sellin his civic on craiglist with 965k on it. It had the original motor and tranny. He never had to rebuild it. He went thrue 6 water pumps, belts, millions of sparkplugs and many other regular maintenance items. Cars in good shape, and so was the interior.
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Yea I seen that civic, lol I know from experience that honda motors will go forever as long as you maintain them.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jan 8 2008, 05:03 PM)
damn dude makes me not feel as bad lol and who has 965k on there civic i want a link to this lol but im gettin a job so i will have a decent income instead of relieing on my costumers at school also ill be sending you a pm soon rob smile.gif

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jan 8 2008, 11:31 PM)
Yea I seen that civic, lol I know from experience that honda motors will go forever as long as you maintain them.

Ah, I cant find it.
H1Racing.com

MASTR Z

MASTR Z

The Z NotZ

• Known Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:driving my Z to its limits and then some...
my baby has 222k on a 96TT, daily driver, track and drift fun machine... drove it up the thunder hill all three times, never even changed tires or took out the stereo, raced and drifted it as i drive it everyday... but a nice quiet commuter would be really nice!!!!!!!

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (MASTR Z @ Jan 9 2008, 01:29 AM)
my baby has 222k on a 96TT, daily driver, track and drift fun machine... drove it up the thunder hill all three times, never even changed tires or took out the stereo, raced and drifted it as i drive it everyday... but a nice quiet commuter would be really nice!!!!!!!

Pimp slap a silencer in those babies! itll be quiter while at the same time showin people you mean buisness.
H1Racing.com

SALTiNE

SALTiNE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars, Video games, Pepsi, and Long Walks on the Beach
th other night some kid crashed his car running from Bayer security and CHP saw me and was harassing me about everything from my rollcage, to my camber wear, my strut bar, to my KA24E. But what creeped me out is the fact the one CHP officer told me where I live and said he lives in my neighborhood. After they let me go, CHP followed me home

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users