Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pulling Motor/Tranny

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
Ok may sound stupid but i have no idea how its done where do i start?

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Put it up on stands, drain all the fluids, disconnect all the coolant hoses/pull the radiator, disconnect the vacuum lines, take off the upper and lower wiring harness, pull the drive shaft, disconnect the exhaust manifold, remove the throttle/cruise control cable's, disconnect the clutch slave line, put a jack under the tranny to support it's wieght then take the the tranny cross member loose, hook up a cherry picker to the motor and loosen the motor mounts from the bottom, start pulling the motor up with the picker and then let the tranny down with jack, now just pull it out the engine bay.

If you go back thru my build thread there are at least 2 cases where you can see most of this process.

PS: if you have A/C then u need to disconnect that... when you pop open a line it will come out pretty violently make sure to not be around breathing that shit in while it pollutes the atmosphere.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Oh Shit Awesome Thanks Rob!

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Yup no problem, what are you going to do with the front bumper support and back window from that thing?

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Oct 12 2008, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup no problem, what are you going to do with the front bumper support and back window from that thing?
Back Window Im thinking of taking since it has my sticker on it and the one in matts shell has tint and some sticker unless i remember you saying something about you can get that stuff off with heating it up somehow?!?!? But front bumper support dont think ill be using again ill just have to go through the shell once i get it to my house

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Ok let me know if ur gonna use them or not cuz I need a front bumper support, not the radiator support but the bumper support which is the part that the styrofoam goes on to hold the bumper up. ALso that back window that Lee gave me is pretty much fucked, I used a steamer to try and get that tint off and the dam tint is not coming off.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Oct 13 2008, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok let me know if ur gonna use them or not cuz I need a front bumper support, not the radiator support but the bumper support which is the part that the styrofoam goes on to hold the bumper up. ALso that back window that Lee gave me is pretty much fucked, I used a steamer to try and get that tint off and the dam tint is not coming off.
Damn thats shitty sorry to hear about the window but im pretty sure i wont be using the bumper support so how much were you looking to get that for i know your not one to try to get and pay what everyone on zilvia will pay for this stuff so lmk id rather sell it to you then some random ass dude pretty much once i get the shell done im giving everyone thats useually around on the weekend nights etc first dibs

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
I was thinking I would just come and help you with the change over and you just give me that stuff in exchange for the help. I don't have a job right now so there is no way I can pay for it since I paid all my bills with my last check. Also I need some misc nuts and bolts from one of the shells too.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Oct 13 2008, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was thinking I would just come and help you with the change over and you just give me that stuff in exchange for the help. I don't have a job right now so there is no way I can pay for it since I paid all my bills with my last check. Also I need some misc nuts and bolts from one of the shells too.
Shit Im down for some help and faster I get a car done the better and I'd rather have your help then johns lol I don't trust his ass to tighten shit and he wants money

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Which John are you talking about?

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Oct 13 2008, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which John are you talking about?
Not John Like Stealth custom fab john. Gigantor.... John Long i think is his last name Got his shit impounded i dont trust him to tighten anything haha

sololock

sololock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
QUOTE (Sideways~S14 @ Oct 13 2008, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
John Long i think is his last name Got his shit impounded i dont trust him to tighten anything haha

haha oh god

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users