Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Doug's S14

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
My neighbor chris may have a die but in case he doesnt how do you take the ball joint off also does it help that its like the first 3 threads on the top???

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
QUOTE (Sideways~S14 @ Dec 26 2008, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lca Almost Off But also Rob or Andrew you got any Ideas for that pivot ball the threads at the top are jacked anyways to fix it rethread it or something?

Ok...if you are real careful you can clean up the threads with a small trianle file, or like Rob said get the right sized die. The die will cost almost as much as a new ball joint though.

Keep going

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Do what Jon says, but if you take the joint out u need to remove the clip and then either press it out or beat it out like Matt does. But no matter what you will need to press the new joint back in.

Dkslong

Dkslong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:Drifting,Skateboarding,touge,music,reading books,and bboying
hook a brotha up where are you guys gettin the 5 lug piece from?Shouldnt be hard for me to get a hold of 1 here in jp.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Do you mean the 5 lug hubs? If so doug's S14 came stock as a 5 lug, my S13 however was a stock 4 lug so I had to change it. On my car I went with the Ichiba bolt on 5 lug conversion, but you can also go the OEM Nissan way too.

For the front's you use an S14 5 lug hub and spindle. Then get an S14 ball joint and replace the stock S13 ball joint in your lower control arm or just use the whole S14 lower control arm/ball joint in you S13 which will give you a wider wheel track and more negative camber.

For the rears, you can use an S14 or an N/A Z32 5 lug hub, just unbolt your stock hub and bolt these on.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Got a Good Bit Done today since my motor is goin in this weekend! Ill do more explaining with pics theres alot of pics smile.gif

Went to napa and bought a crap load of stuff

Got my SPL Solid Diff Bushings!

The Harness For My Turbo Timer

Found Out my Radiator Is Broke After Letting Some1 use it So anyone with a stock manual radiator hollar

Fixed the vaccum line that was broke and threw the engine code in the red car

Installed my clutch pedal still need to cut the brake pedal

Put my master cyl in along with the clutch hardline

Finally Got to sealing my oil pan

Removed A/C Crap

Installed My 3inch Test Pipe I Know its a stock ka I have my reasoning haha

Lee's big old exhaust <3

Test Pipe On

Heres my reasoning haha

Took off my valve cover just to take a peak smile.gif

Everything seems legitimatly clean

Got bored So I played with spray paint

Black Top KA24DE LOL

bikerskater

bikerskater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
pretty sure it didnt break when i borrowed it cause it was just finie when i pulled it out

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Ok Big Update! I wish I had the pics to justify the amount that got done this weekend! I first have to thank Mestiso(Rob), Jonnie Fraz, and assassin10000 (Andrew) for all the help! I think Ill just try and list off what got done cause I only have 16 pics from this weekend sad.gif. I got the igniton from my red 40. I got my turbo timer installed Tension Rod Brackets/Brace In, Power Steering Pressure hose on. Mestiso and I dropped the motor back in well more mestiso then me haha. He got operation of the cherry picker while I used the jack and bolted the tranny crossmember on. Me and Mestiso Pulled the passenger door off my red 40 and put it on the new 40. Jonnie Fraz showed up a little bit later and helped along with mestiso and I clean out my garage move all the parts throw stuff in my backyard and then push up the car into the garage. I must say working on my car in the garage is amazing haha. We cleaned my driveway off some with a gallon of gas man that stuff eats away at it! Mestiso Told me it worked awesome and man it did Super Siked about that! John even raked some leafs out front that was baller status thumbsup.gif Then after that a tub and radiator support was cut off my red car so that car is almost gone haha but enough rambling heres the pics I got.

Tension Rod Brace and brackets smile.gif

Got a drill and 1/8th inch bit to go drill the break away bolts on the igniton

After Drilling them I hit this in then turned them out by hand

2 minutes later I had these out

along with this smile.gif

Then I got my new breakaways smile.gif

Installed The Ignition along with my turbo timer

Got my flywheel resurfaced for the clutch I got my from mestiso

Got my motor Close to the cherry picker and got it chained up and off the stand

Bolted On Flywheel smile.gif

Clutch On

Tranny back on and waiting for the morning to come smile.gif

Now this is the end result no pics of the process etc but the end result

bikerskater

bikerskater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
damn dude finally lol and that flywheel looks amazing

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Ok Small Update with some random miscelanious things my car is almost running i need a windshield, radiator and just bleed stuff!

Cleaned Up my 5 spd got the hardline in the right clips and pretty much just legit haha

I got a diff shift knob again My bro has a integra and I drove it LOVE the shift knob and he got a diff one and gave the stock one to me biggrin.gif

PIcked up altima fans from lee

Sealed the diff up and put it in smile.gif

Got new bolts for the drive shaft carrier bearing or watever it is lol

Got the driveshaft in too smile.gif

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
QUick update aparently my clutch master cyl was blown got a new one already though lol

New Stuff:)

Installed New Stuff Rocks!

bikerskater

bikerskater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
ITS ALIVE AND KICKING

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Indeed It is Not perfect but its alive and for sure kickin sideways hehehe just some good ol first gear fun for now but heres a vid. I figured it would be easier then making a big post and is self explanitory sorry Im so terrible at making vids whistle.gif whistle.gif Heres the link smile.gif

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Cool I am glad to see it's running agian!

gotspins13

gotspins13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
nice!=) still need help bleeding the brakes?? lol
perfectly said! FJ20ET 16 valve - the holy grail of Nissan engines

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Ok I think I found why it drives like shit I have about 3+ degrees of toe in on each side probably more like 4 on the left and 3 on the right its ridiculous but also I tried to bleed my brakes they still feel like doo doo butter maybe Ill invite brandon over cause he seems to be good at bleeding brakes rolleyes.gif

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Update: Blew up the right rear caliper awesome I just got those too emthdown.gif

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
OMG I just drove it after aligning it! I just zeroed it out but Holy Crap this thing drives straight as fuck and and responds awesomely! Im loving the steering rack bushings! I Blew out a caliper this morning so I had to change it with a s13 one but my brakes are working now also pretty much I just have to figure out the vaccum leaks and adjust my clutch pedal and call it good oh and clean out all the nasty interior lol I got to go fast around a turn just out of my neighbor hood I remember how fun it is to drive a car with a weldy and my wheel counter steered this time caught it and got sideways in my own car for once and It felt great Im a happy freakin mofo right now lol thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif Oh and thanks Rob for showing me how to string align hahaha Its becoming very useful and good for saving money smile.gif

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
To quote Raiden.... "at last one of them has understood"

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip