Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What I Roll I In

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
QUOTE (RicerX @ Nov 15 2006, 07:15 AM)
Only problem I am having with the shifter is that during the removal of the old shifter, I broke a locking washer, so if that slips off, and the pin it was holding slips out, Im stuck using only two gears. Example: Last night I was driving home, I was about to shift into 4th gear. The washer sliped out, and I could only use 3 or forth gear. It really sucks cuz i cant find the right size locking washer anywhere.

Take it to a good hardware store and see if they have something that will work.
If not there go to the junkyard/wreckers and see if you can get one from them.

Or you could always try the stealership...

Andrew

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Girls
Well, a couple weeks ago, I was at a stop light. Light turned green, and I started going. As I picked up speed, there was a Chevy Suburban turning into the gas station. As it was turning, it suddenly stopped. I saw this and slammed on the brakes, then...

I ended up sliding my car under the bumper, and picked the truck up. The car is drivable, but I need a new hood, fender, headlight, and bumper. This sucks. Good news is, After Market Time!!!
02 Toyota Celica GT (dead)
91 Honda CRX LS V-tec (will be missed)
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Dam that sucks man, i hear u on the aftermarket part tho!

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
Good News, I finally got some money together, went on ebay and bought a cold air intake. Bad news, Its for a GTS. I was running on limited time so I didnt get any pictures, but there were a few things that werent able to be screwed on or bolted on. The intake came with an air bypass valve, but I wasnt able to install it due to the fact that my tranny is in the way. I had to reuse my aem Throttle body coupler to hold the intake to the throttle body, and use the new one to hold the cut intake together. After a 30 min job turned hour was done, u could actually hear the air moving thrue the pipe, just the way it used to b4 the hole.
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
lol a DIY guy like the rest of us! emthup.gif THats how we all learned what we kno, by doing it our self.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jan 20 2007, 12:45 PM)
lol a DIY guy like the rest of us! emthup.gif  THats how we all learned what we kno, by doing it our self.

Hay, like my short shifter, had to ghetto rig a snap ring to hold it on. The intake works fine and sounds clean now that there is no hole in it.
H1Racing.com

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
Well, im movin on up now, I got a couple quotes to get my car repaired. First im getting my headlights, then ima have the body shop repair my radiator support, install/primer/order me some F1 fenders, install/order me a carbon fiber hood, install some lock hood pins (dont have a garage to put my car in), repair the dents on the passenger side of my car, and install my headlights. Cant wait!!
H1Racing.com

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
Nuthin special so far, jus a tune up, and an oil change. Denso Iridium plugs (OEM), Mobil 1 oil filter, and 5w-30 Mobil 1 Oil with a quart of Lucas oil stabilizer. Runs like a champ again.
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Good oil changes and tune ups will always help. Glad to see other's doing the basics on keeping their car running, emthup.gif which so many others neglect emthdown.gif

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
OOh, forgot to mention, I found a donor celica,, well, my girlfriends sister found a possible donor celica. some girl has 1 all hooked up, then got in an accident. car is totalled on the passenger side, so when i meet her, and get money, Ima try to get some parts. Also from what I hear, she has racing seats...
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
LOL vulture! hahahha I feel u tho, we are all the same way, the moment we see a car that has parts we need on it everyone is like hey can I get this or that. Good shit tho man glad to see ur project moving along.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Mar 9 2007, 12:41 AM)
LOL vulture! hahahha I feel u tho, we are all the same way, the moment we see a car that has parts we need on it everyone is like hey can I get this or that. Good shit tho man glad to see ur project moving along.

Thanks, but hey if you think about it, you can either spend millions on new parts, or thousands on used parts that are "like new." Im not rich, so ill take "like new."
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Yea man Im not rich by any means either, that's why Pick n Pull is my friend! Used or not if it works and is in good condition its fair game to the car gods! emthup.gif

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
UPDATE, clap.gif clap.gif I finally have an update, got some used motegi rims, gunmetal color. Not perfect, but a lot better than my R1s. From what I hear, theyre lighter too. Car does handle a little different. Didnt really check, but they may be a lil bigger. Theyr wrapped with pirrelli (dont know if thats the way its spelled) PZeros. Havent really tried them out around corners, but its a little harder to peel out, so I guess they have better traction then my old kumhos. Aside from that, nuthin else.
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Cool man glad to see some progress! emthup.gif

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
Just got my nitrous kit, without the bottle. Its a NOS dry manifold kit with 10 pound bottle. Reason for not having the bottle, I ended up being short due to me almost forgetting to pay my ticket. So Ive got a kit with no bottle. It will be installed pretty soon.
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Good shit, get it done right and dont use to big of a shot.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jul 1 2007, 07:46 PM)
Good shit, get it done right and dont use to big of a shot.

Yup, lookin into those denso IK20 plugs, then I gotta get some $ to have my cousin put it in for me.
H1Racing.com

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
Update! NOS kit is in and ACT extreme pressure plate and street disk coming soon. Sorry about no pics, im on my PSP. When i get a chance i will post some.
H1Racing.com

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
QUOTE (RicerX @ Aug 2 2007, 11:34 PM)
Update! NOS kit is in and ACT extreme pressure plate and street disk coming soon. Sorry about no pics, im on my PSP. When i get a chance i will post some.

Good shit. Your going to be bottle happy for a while smile.gif

Just remember to turn off the bottle when your not 'actually' going to use it, it WILL leak out the lines/solenoids if you don't. It doesn't matter how good it was installed or tight the fittings are.

Andrew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users