Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What I Roll I In

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (assassin10000 @ Aug 3 2007, 03:00 PM)
Good shit. Your going to be bottle happy for a while smile.gif

Just remember to turn off the bottle when your not 'actually' going to use it, it WILL leak out the lines/solenoids if you don't. It doesn't matter how good it was installed or tight the fittings are.

Andrew

Indeed we know this from many years with the blue bottle.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Girls
Man, life is not going good for me. First, I have a notrous ready car, but I cant use it, or even try it out. First, yesterday, the motor started making some wierd noise. I think its piston slap, but im probably wrong. Well, it would get noticable around 3k RPM. Now 2day, Same noise, just now noise is noticable around 2500 RPM. On my way home, battery light came on and it died on me. I went to start it up, it cranked then died. I did it 2 more times. Last time I gave it gas to keep it running, and the battery light turned off. When I got home, the car stayed running, It didnt shut off, but the motor was running on "about to die" mode, you know, the death shake. Well, this really sucks. If I cant get it fixed, im just gonna trade it in and get a GTS. I hope I can work out a deal with my cousin to get another motor.
02 Toyota Celica GT (dead)
91 Honda CRX LS V-tec (will be missed)
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Sounds like a wiring issue, like when I had my prelude, I had it lowered far enough that it rubbed thru the wiring harness in the fender well.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Aug 26 2007, 10:44 PM)
Sounds like a wiring issue, like when I had my prelude, I had it lowered far enough that it rubbed thru the wiring harness in the fender well.

Well, The ticking im getting is either a stuck valve, piston slap, or something lose in the motor. With each passing day, the sound gets more noticable at lower RPMs. This really sucks cuz im scared to drive my car for fear that it may shut off on me agian.
H1Racing.com

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
QUOTE (RicerX @ Aug 26 2007, 10:48 PM)
Well, The ticking im getting is either a stuck valve, piston slap, or something lose in the motor. With each passing day, the sound gets more noticable at lower RPMs. This really sucks cuz im scared to drive my car for fear that it may shut off on me agian.

If it's making a noise that is steadily getting worse you should stop driving it altogether and have it brought in to the shop asap.

Or if your family is a good mechanic have them come over and listen to it before doing anything else.

Andrew

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (assassin10000 @ Aug 27 2007, 09:32 AM)
If it's making a noise that is steadily getting worse you should stop driving it altogether and have it brought in to the shop asap.

Or if your family is a good mechanic have them come over and listen to it before doing anything else.

Andrew

Well, I think you and I are on the same page. On monday, I took the car to my cousin. After maybe an hour of listening and running test, it has been determined that I blew a rod in cylinder 4. I guess the people that supposedly did a motor swap didn't really do it. So, now im stuck with no way to fix the car. I can either pull out another loan and fix the car, or get another car altogether. Sadly to say, ive decided to get another car.
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Dam bro that sucks... I have never heard of a that phrase before "blew a rod" did you mean you have a rod knock? Anyways good luck with the new car, if you end up fixing the motor on your own it will be a very worth while experience despite the set back in money/time.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
Man, things just keep getting worse. I couldnt get another car cuz i owe too much on this one, and I couldnt get a loan. One good thing is that, I have a friend selling me a celi for $800, and I have another friend letting me borrow $500. Hes gonna let me do payments. Now I just have to bust my ass to continue paying carpayments, saving to get a block, and paying 2 insurances. I just hope things start going back up for me.
H1Racing.com

SALTiNE

SALTiNE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars, Video games, Pepsi, and Long Walks on the Beach
that blows!! I'm sorry to hear all that, but you kinda remind me of myself. It just seems like when things get bad and your hoping that just maybe you'll catch a break and it'll all work out. But somehow things just seem to get worse. I'm sorry to hear all this and hope that you'll catch a break finally

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (SALTiNE @ Aug 31 2007, 04:25 PM)
that blows!! I'm sorry to hear all that, but you kinda remind me of myself. It just seems like when things get bad and your hoping that just maybe you'll catch a break and it'll all work out. But somehow things just seem to get worse. I'm sorry to hear all this and hope that you'll catch a break finally

Thanks man, Im really hoping for a break. Im only 20, and im going thrue things 30 and 40 year olds go thrue. DAMN FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS!!! Thats why im poor.
H1Racing.com

SALTiNE

SALTiNE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
LoL yeah I get that feeling too where it justs seems like an 18 year ole shouldn't have these kinda problems yet. Fast food, SEARS can suck my A55!!! that place cut my hours from 30-36 a week to about 12-18 hours aweek. F that ish!!

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (SALTiNE @ Sep 1 2007, 03:36 AM)
LoL yeah I get that feeling too where it justs seems like an 18 year ole shouldn't have these kinda problems yet. Fast food, SEARS can suck my A55!!! that place cut my hours from 30-36 a week to about 12-18 hours aweek. F that ish!!

Well, I just got fired last week, but sunday was my last day. They let me work a lil. It was more of a on pourpose firing, cuz I did some stuff that I knew I shouldnt of done, like cuss out a sales man. Funny thing is, they still have to see me cuz I got hired at the dealer on wendsday. The seperate company that runs the carwash at the dealer fired me, just so I could get hired at the dealer. Its ironic. So to sum it up, I was supposed to move out, but the motor took a shit.gif, then I got fired, but then rehired. Well, aside from that, i found an 89 4-door civic for $450. It has a manual trans. It has about 130k miles. If I get a chance to check it out, and I like it. Itll be my a to b car till I get a new block. Im also planning to get performance rod bearings, to let more oil pass thrue, forged rods and pistons. I dont want no more motor drama.
H1Racing.com

SALTiNE

SALTiNE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
That's some good ish, I'm looking for a new job right now or I got to jail sad.gif But, LoL talking about motor. Hey Rob, that sound last night was from my exhaust manifold. I guess on the right side of the pair, 3 out 4 bolts managed to unthread themselves

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (SALTiNE @ Sep 2 2007, 10:05 PM)
That's some good ish, I'm looking for a new job right now or I got to jail  sad.gif  But, LoL talking about motor. Hey Rob, that sound last night was from my exhaust manifold. I guess on the right side of the pair, 3 out 4 bolts managed to unthread themselves

Well, same here, Im paying a $600 ticket right now, well, im doing payments. If I dont pay, I go to jail.
H1Racing.com

SALTiNE

SALTiNE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
Yeah, mine isnt a ticket. . . .But I did get pulled over 2 nights ago and was sure I was gonna either have a huge or ticket or be walking home. But, he let me off with nothing at all

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
QUOTE (SALTiNE @ Sep 3 2007, 04:46 PM)
Yeah, mine isnt a ticket. . . .But I did get pulled over 2 nights ago and was sure I was gonna either have a huge or ticket or be walking home. But, he let me off with nothing at all

Lucky, I had gotten pulled over for 80/45, unsafe lane change, failure to yeild to an emergency vehicle, modified exhaust, and clear turn signals. Guess I got lucky I didnt end up walking home. He said I was doing more than double the speedlimit. I was surprised cuz I didnt know my car picked up that fast. Good thing I wasnt racing. Well, about a month after that, the same cop pulled me over for expired tags. I thought he was gonna give me another ticket, but he pulled a good cop and told me, "there's a lotta rookies out there that'll pull you over, so be careful." Guess I got lucky with that one.
H1Racing.com

SALTiNE

SALTiNE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
I'm still gonna say what a douche cop. I just don't understand why cops put in that much effort to hassling a car. I remember when I was a kid I wanted to be a cop, and as a cop I wanted to stop the bad guy who was robbing the bank. Not stop every car I saw with an exhaust and give them a hard time about. I just think cops sometimes lose sight about why they became a cop. LoL and like Rob said the other, "You got stopped and I was next in line." I truly know I got increbibly lucky the other night. I even got a pic: http://www.myspace.com/saltinethegreat

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
So, as far as this car, Ive decided that im going to start selling parts off of this car to save up money for the motor. I want to get it running asap, so everything that isnt neccessary for driving im gonna try to sell.
H1Racing.com

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
Ok, so ive removed the strut tower bar, and passenger side headlight. Ill be selling the strut bar, and im taking apart the headlight since there is damage. I also found somebody selling their internals for $150, so ill be picking those up soon. Hopefully I can use the old block. Another thing, one of my friends is selling a OEM carbon fiber hood w/ raised hood scoop which my grilfriend is picking up for me as an early christmas present. clap.gif clap.gif Man im getting closer and closer to getting this car running and looking good again. smile.gif
H1Racing.com

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Good shit glad to see it's getting better!

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users