Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My '93 240sx coupe Silvia project.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

jdrifter

jdrifter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Wat up my names Jeremiah and I have a 1993 240sx coupe soon to be Silvia. I just blew the KA and I'm getting ready to swap in a SR. I've had the car for almost a year so I'll start from the beginning.

Here's the pics I used to buy the car.

When I went to buy it I couldn't drive a manuel so I had to let the owner drive it so i could ride. I thought it rode great I also though i knew enough about cars to tell if something was wrong. After I bought it and my Grandpa got in to drive it home he said, "What did you buy, this thing is horrible". So at this point I'm freaked out. Come to find out that all four shocks were blown the springs where cut and the rear tires where showing thread, and it didn't have the right seat belt buckles. (it has R33 Skyline seats and you have to transfer the 240 belt buckle to the skyline seat to be able to use the lap belt which he hadn't done.) So I had to fix all that I'll explain all that later when i get some pics of the work.

jdrifter

jdrifter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Here's a list of what I've done so far.

I replaced the struts with Footwerks Fully adjustable coil overs.
Front and rear upper tie bars
Eclipse head unit with Ipod adapter
xplod front speakers
cheap back speakers i bought off a crack head. lol they work though.
interiors fully stripped except for the sound deadening (soon to come out though)
Autometer 5" tach (kinda ricer I know but I've always liked seeing a big tach ever since i was little)
radar detector
Leather Nismo shifter
R33 Skyline seats
Silvia steering wheel
3 3/4" N1 cat-back
17" Giovanni rims
225/45 Kuhmo Ecsta tires, used tires and stock rims on the back everynow and then (usually weekends, for sideways smile.gif)
Circuit sports coolant reservoir

Anyways right now I have apparently a 30k KA from a '96 240 that came in the car. Witch blew a month or two ago when i was driving. as I have taken the engine apart I found that the guy before me starved it for oil, rev limited it, and the valves had been floating. but all that didn't look like what the engine sounded like when the engine messed up. So I think it slung a rod bearing. but because of this I'm gonna go ahead and swap in a SR.

Well Today I pulled the Drive shaft and attempted to pull the bottom timing chain cover. All I've got left to do is pull the block and transmission and it'll be ready for an SR. Here's some pics of the project.
Valve cover off and cam journals removed.

Cams, upper timing chain, fuel rail, and injectors gone.

Intake off

Head off

The bottom side of the head

and here's some more recent pics of the car
Interior after i stripped the carpet

I put a normal trunk on it and painted it matte black (it came with a convertible trunk and wing which is alot heavier then the coupe trunk)

and just some pics of her

Working on her at school

she got to ride on my step dad's trailer to NC when i moved up here for college

One more pic that helped me buy the car (i have a different stereo then in this pic)

But that about catches ya up with everything any questions just ask.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Good shit bro, keep us updated.

jdrifter

jdrifter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
will do

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
QUOTE (jdrifter @ Jan 27 2008, 09:01 PM)
very nice work man and whats with the license plate ? lol

jdrifter

jdrifter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Well My name is Jeremiah Umphrey when i was in track they always wrought me down on the roster as J. Ump so my coach started calling me Jump cause I held most of the school records for jumping events. (Long jump and triple jump) and it just kinda stuck. It also stands for "Jesus Understands My Pain" and 55 was my basketball number. I would have just kept JUMP but it was surprisingly takin'. So i just stuck a number on it. lol

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
QUOTE (jdrifter @ Jan 28 2008, 10:11 PM)
Well My name is Jeremiah Umphrey when i was in track they always wrought me down on the roster as J. Ump so my coach started calling me Jump cause I held most of the school records for jumping events. (Long jump and triple jump) and it just kinda stuck. It also stands for "Jesus Understands My Pain" and 55 was my basketball number. I would have just kept JUMP but it was surprisingly takin'. So i just stuck a number on it. lol
I was talkin bout the japanese plates but thats cool too

jdrifter

jdrifter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
QUOTE (Sideways~S14 @ Jan 28 2008, 10:31 PM)
I was talkin bout the japanese plates but thats cool too

LOL yeah I thought about that after I replied. Yeah the Guy I bought it from had that on it. I was gonna buy the car with the tag but he sold the tag before I bought the car. IT'S JDM!!!!!!!!!! LOL But I am planning on getting another one of those tags for when I do the Silvia Front end swap.

Well update on the SR swap it's looking a little bleak right now I just got threw talking to my mom and it turns out it's gonna be kinda close on weather or not I get a loan for my next year of college so I'm gonna have to hold out on Silvia for a bit till I know my school is taken care of. sad.gif but it's all part of life. smile.gif I'm still gonna do it but it's gonna take alot longer then I thought.

SALTiNE

SALTiNE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars, Video games, Pepsi, and Long Walks on the Beach
Car looks great so far. I still sometimes think about getting a 2 tone coupe. . . .But I still laugh everytime I read your sig thumbsup.gif

jdrifter

jdrifter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
well well long time no post for me well for the loan i got that and poured my life into this car and i think it shows I've got a ton of progress pics but I'm gonna just post up finished pics and if you want some in detail pics hit me up but all the fab work was done by me except the e-brake i came up with the design and i had a friend bend and weld it. any questions feel free to ask. as it stands now i have to tune it saving up for a wideband to do so, other then that it runs great does smoke because of defective valve seals but I'm working on replacing them.

http://i264.photobuc...ar/interior.jpg
and the infamous Nissan black brick which i found out is to reduce firewall reverberation and vibration therefore it equals extra weight remove and discard. lol :-P

Removed wires
http://i264.photobuc...movedwiring.jpg
The swap!!!

painted engine bay

painted interior

temp bolt in autopower 4 point roll bar painted to match interior installed

installing gold plated insulation on the firewall and trans tunnel expensive but works great, very lightweight, and looks sick

R32 LSD with 5 bolt half shafts!!!

soon enough i'll be boosting!!!

G-Force 6 point belts

roll bar padding

aluminum door panels fabed by me

e-brake fabed by my friend Daniel designed by me

aluminum center piece fabed by me

sunroof fabed by me

now for an extremely quick over view of the engine build

Head on the flowbench at school

the first ride on the SR lol

her after my first drive running stock sidemount lol compressor surge like crazy

New bov should fix the problem Greddy Type R MASSIVE!!!

FMIC installed with the bov

so the bumper definately needed to be cut up and the bumper support to so while i did that my friends hooked me up with this custom made front bumper with a splitter. lol

and in the end Silvia marked me with a scare under my right eye from a 1/2 ratchet and to this day i still have the scare/mark of Silvia lol

Updated part list:
Cx Racing fmic
Circuit Sport hot pipe
Greddy type R BOV
Garrett GT287R duel ball bearing .86 Exhaust housing turbo
HKS Adjustable Wastegate Actuator
Earls ss turbo lines
S14 SR turbo oil return pipe
A ton of gaskets and O-rings
Greddy Airinx Suction kit
300 ZX TT MAF
Gates belts
Top Fuel Oil Catch Can
Koyo Radiator with 1.3 bar cap
Samco hoses
Heater hose conversion
S14 SR Water pump
Nismo Thermostat
Tomei 555cc injectors
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Megan FPR
300zx TT Fuel Filter
NGK Laser Iridium Spark plugs
Circuit sports one piece elbow downpipe
300ZX TT O2 sensor
Megan Test pipe
New lower control arms with new bushings and ball joints
Circuit sport Strut rods
Circuit sport inner and outer tie rod ends
Exedy stage 2 Mettalic 3 puck sprung clutch
ACT Aluminum lightweight flywheel
R32 LSD with 5 bolt Half Shafts
Peak performance solid trany mount
Kazama solid Engine mounts
Gold plated insulation
Autopower 4-point bolt in roll-bar
OEM replacement rotors front and rear
Hawk HPP pads front and rear
New front wheel bearings
New front sway bar bushings
Interstate Miata Battery
G-Force 6 point racing harnesses driver and passenger
Apexi Power FC
HKS Turbo Timer
Tovic Boost Gauge
New OEM Oil pump
New OEM Timing Chain
New Front and Rear Main seals
Bottom end:
Eagle H-Beam forged shotpeened rods
Mahle Forged aluminum pistons with rings
ACL Race Main and rod bearings
New OEM Thrust washer
Rotational assembly balanced
Main housing bore align honed
.020" bore over and hone
Block decked and resurfaced to 40 RA
Hot Tanked
Top End:
BC 264 cams
BC Titanium Valve spring retainers with stronger springs
BC Lightweight valves
New OEM rocker arms
A few shims
Tomei Rocker arm stoppers
Three angle valve job with new valve seals
Resurfaced to 40 RA
Hot Tanked
Cometic metal head gasket
ARP Head studs

Well that's pretty much it I think I got it all. Well I hope you enjoyed and theirs more to come of course because a car is never done

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Dam man it's been a year lol. Speaking of which there a few members that havent posted in a long ass time. Anyways nice progress and how did u get the cut under ur eye?

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Nice, yeah like Rob said. Been hella long, but it sure looks like you got a lot done smile.gif

You should have painted the bay first, then applied the gold heatshielding. That stuff looks sick. wink.gif

Andrew

jdrifter

jdrifter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
lol yeah it has been a while i'm gonna try to update more often. The thing that kills me is i have to upload to photobucket then paste it on the reply so it takes a lot of time. Is their a quicker way to do this.

I got the cut checking the tranny fluid level on jack stands and the ratchet flew out of the bolt and hit me in the face. lol

Oh, i did paint it before i put the gold heat shield on and that heat sheilding works really good i got to get the underside of the car above the downpipe sheilded and then wrap the pipe and i feet should be pretty cool.

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
QUOTE (jdrifter @ Jan 28 2009, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol yeah it has been a while i'm gonna try to update more often. The thing that kills me is i have to upload to photobucket then paste it on the reply so it takes a lot of time. Is their a quicker way to do this.

I got the cut checking the tranny fluid level on jack stands and the ratchet flew out of the bolt and hit me in the face. lol

Oh, i did paint it before i put the gold heat shield on and that heat sheilding works really good i got to get the underside of the car above the downpipe sheilded and then wrap the pipe and i feet should be pretty cool.

Not really any faster way. It has to be uploaded & hosted somewhere. So unless your computer is a server...

BTW, edited your post. Put the painting above the insulation.

Andrew

jdrifter

jdrifter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
QUOTE (assassin10000 @ Jan 28 2009, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not really any faster way. It has to be uploaded & hosted somewhere. So unless your computer is a server...

BTW, edited your post. Put the painting above the insulation.

Andrew

oh cool thanks

S13Chris

S13Chris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Nissans, sliding, mechanic, fabrication.
Nice build man. Very good stuff!
SR13

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users