Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kelly's S14

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Well have some progress to report... First off Kelly burned thru 4 tires and is actually learning really fast. Also we picked up a few misc parts for the interior that were missing when we bought the car, which was the radio trim, ashtray and the center console filler plugs.

Next upgrade will be some decent front tires, then we can throw the current front tires on the back and burn those off too! That should be some time next week. Anways here are a few pics.

This tire actually lasted for a while.

Here you can see how off her alignment is on the one side, man this tire is hammered on the inside.

Then she had one just lose half the tread with before we even had a real chance to burn it off.

THis is what her radio pocket area looked like after I took out the broken radio trim and tape deck.

New radio trim and used ashtray installed. Looks so much better!

Here are the missing plugs I was talking about, we got the plugs from the guy who sold us the ash tray.

Copilot

Copilot

Wait... How old are you again?!

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
Looks like shes doin great!!!

00 RL Dumped on Type S wheels Stock as can be....
03 Hoe 4x4 on them stock 16s wit KnN intake and a magnaflow....HOTNESS

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Ok well last weekend we made a Pick n Pull run since it was 1/2 off all weekend on parts, so I picked up a set of J30 brake calipers, pads and rotors for the car. Shit was stupid cheap and it looks like the people just replaced the pads just before the car ended up at the yard so all of it was completely usuable! Also Kelly bought some more 5 speed parts for the car so at the moment we are about 75% complete. Anyways I put the brakes on yesterday and as usual it made a huge difference.

Caliper comparison, S14 SE on the left and the J30 on the right. Single piston vs. dual piston.

Rotor comparison, J30 on the left and S14 SE on the right.

To convert it you will need the following:
J30 caliper's, caliper brackets, pads and rotors. The swap is pretty much take off the old brake's and rotors, then cut or remove the dust shield and install the J30 stuff.

Here is the stock setup.

Pulled the caliper mount bolts off and swung the caliper out of the way.

Now cut the dust shield so the rotor and caliper clear.

Bolt everything back on and make sure nothing hits or scrapes. Then connect the brake lines and bleed the brakes.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
Very Nice i thought it was Q45 Calipers and rotors you use? or same as J30

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
On my car I use Q54 stuff, but when we went to the yard last weekend there was an Infiniti J30 that had this perfect set of rotors and calipers which is why we used them on her car. The J30 has the same rotor as the Q45 and almost the same calipers, they are slightly smaller on the outside than the Q45 calipers. But other than that they provide the same stopping power as the Q's.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Got a few more parts for for Kelly's car. On monday UPS finally dropped off her Yokohama S Drive tires for the front of her car, so Andrew and I went over to Matts and mounted them up. Today I pulled Jahi's Pioneer MP3 player from his civic and put into Kelly's car for now until he decides to use the deck again. Also we got an Exedy clutch kit, flywheel and a tranny, now we only need a few more parts and we can do the 5 speed cocnversion. Sorry I know everyone loves lots of pics but all I took was one of the new head unit.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Nice atleast you got some beats now thumbsup.gif how much did she pay for those s drives im thinkin i may do that so i can use my current fronts as rears

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
$198 to the door for 2.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Ok I have a small update, Jason painted Kelly's Dmax style roof wing and brought it by. So I threw some 3m double stick adhesive tape on it and slapped it on the car. I think it looks good but now I think the car really needs to get lowered for the lines of the wing to look right. Anyways on to the pics.

Copilot

Copilot

Wait... How old are you again?!

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
Looks good!

00 RL Dumped on Type S wheels Stock as can be....
03 Hoe 4x4 on them stock 16s wit KnN intake and a magnaflow....HOTNESS

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Looks good 4 sure was that on the car last night?

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (Sideways~S14 @ Sep 20 2008, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks good 4 sure was that on the car last night?

Indeed it was.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
I did some work to Kelly's car today since I have a lot of free time on my hands now. Anyway's UPS dropped off the ES master bushing kit we ordered a few days ago, so I went over to my dad's place to use the press to replace the tension rod bushings. Feels a lot better now, especially considering how blown out the stock bushings were. Also I forgot to update that I got an S14 SE front lip and good front bumper light for the car a couple weeks back, I don't have pics of the lip yet but I'll get some later.

Some how one of the wheels studs siezed up, so it snapped off when I went to remove it.

Stock blown out tension rod bushing.

Close up pic of the fucked bushing.

Here you can see the tesnion rod in the press, I used old pressed out bearing housings from different cars that we have changed over the years. Good thing we keot them cuz it made easy work of pressing out these bushings.

New ES bushings intalled.

All done.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
I ordered up some KTS coilover's for my S14 a couple weeks back, they were dropped off by UPS last tuesday and since my S14 is not going to be done soon I decided to throw these on Kelly's car until I get mine finished. Needless to say Kelly is happy about this lol. It was cool to return to my roots of auto drifting again, and now Kelly can really learn how to get her car sideways with these on there. I took some pics of the installtion of the front coilovers but managed to forget to take pics of the rear.

Stock front coils.

KTS's installed.

Now this is the only pic of the rear install I have, on the S14 you have to remove the rear deck lid cover to gain access to the top of the coilover's.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Well it's been a long time since this thread had an update, mainly because Kelly has been super busy working 2 jobs so she hasn't really had the time to slide or do anything to the car. Anyways last sunday she sold her daily driver Integra so we took the steering wheel/quick release and put it into her S14.

Can you tell she likes hello kitty?! lol

Dkslong

Dkslong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:Drifting,Skateboarding,touge,music,reading books,and bboying
hmm if I could get my wife to get a JZX90 theres a black one for sale for 2500 lol.First gotta get rid of our vip oddy lol. You guys should seriously think about opening a shop.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Dam it's been a long time since this thread had an update lol.

Anyways Kelly hasn't been sliding much at lately cuz of how much she works, so this past saturday she hit the skid pad at Thunderhill. I don't think she did too bad at all for her first track day as well as this is the first time in like 6 months that she has slid.

I put some new parts on the car the day before the event, here you can see the Jonnie hooked us up with an S14 Tension Rod Brace.

T3 sub frame collars.

Pics from the track.

Warm up lap so that everyone could see how the course was laid out.

Here is a quick vid I helped Kelly make, lol she was in charge of music, fonts and editing all I did was throw it all together.

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
Very nice!

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Good stuff! Funny Thing about the video is my girl has been listening to that same song haha not just the song but the same remix and all lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users