Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Just Droo's Zenki S14 Build Thread

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Alright. Here it is fresh out of the box. New shifter for the S14. Here's a couple of pics that really show off the size.

Yes, about 12".

It's a friggin' beast. Not too heavy though.

Pre-threaded too. At first glance the diameter looks a little small. Little modification may be required.

Next day off is Tuesday. Tomorrow, I'm headed over to Nissan to pick up my hardlines and possibly exchange the two I don't need for a Nismo braided soft line and Nismo clutch bracket that way I won't need anymore spacers.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
GOD DAM that thing is huge! lol

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Day 313

New updates...
Jan. 5th 2009 - I was in downtown old Roseville heading North on Vernon St, when out of nowhere a young girl in a '91 Volkswagen Jetta heading south on the same road pulled out in front of me to turn left on S. Grant Ave, which she should have yielded, and I plowed in to her at about 25 mph. Pics below:

I will say that the other parties' insurance was far beyond what I had expected. AAA was more than awesome.

Now for the resurrection...
Paint has been selected and just needs to be purchased and applied.

Front end parts have been sourced up...Thank you Doug, Jon and Rob.
Other parts will be bought today and reconstruction will start soon. We'll keep you posted boys and girls.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Ok well Drew brought his car over to my place so I could work on it. I managed to break down the front end and with some help from Andrew we beat and pulled the rad support back into shape. Now all we need to do is some minor finish work and then spot weld the parts that seperated back together. Later this week I'll put the sheet metal parts back on it, after that will prolly be paint and body work but that is going to be Jason's area.

Pulled off all the broken shit.

Now you can see the damage to the rad support.

Now it's time to start pulling, come along and Andrew's Tacoma gets the foward pull done.

After a few pulls.

Now for the upward pull we used the cherry picker.

Then once the upward pulls were done it was just some beating and clamping to get it back into shape. Now it just needs some welding and a lil paint to cover the bare metal.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Everything is looking great. Check out what's on the way...
ETA: Feb 3rd

Crystal corners, bumper signals, and side winkers from URAS.

Coming Soon...

kcvpr

kcvpr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
QUOTE (Just Droo @ Jan 25 2009, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everything is looking great. Check out what's on the way...
ETA: Feb 3rd

Crystal corners, bumper signals, and side winkers from URAS.

Coming Soon...

Nice job on the body work! Hope you get it running again soon!

What coilover's are those?

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
The coils that Drew posted are KTS.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Yes, that's right. Rob, I gotta say that after reading all the other drama goin on amongst the forums, I am glad I'll have you in my corner. There were times when I first started to get into all this, that all I could think about was buying a 240 and strapping in an SR and building for 500-600 horsepower. It would have been easy for me to drop 15-20K on cars and mods, but thankfully you, Jon, and Andrew have shown me a better way to accomplish my goals. Good luck this weekend. Hope you guys have a lot of fun, of course be safe, and bring back lots of footage for me to analyze.

sololock

sololock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
QUOTE (Just Droo @ Feb 6 2009, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, that's right. Rob, I gotta say that after reading all the other drama goin on amongst the forums, I am glad I'll have you in my corner. There were times when I first started to get into all this, that all I could think about was buying a 240 and strapping in an SR and building for 500-600 horsepower. It would have been easy for me to drop 15-20K on cars and mods, but thankfully you, Jon, and Andrew have shown me a better way to accomplish my goals. Good luck this weekend. Hope you guys have a lot of fun, of course be safe, and bring back lots of footage for me to analyze.

Do you live in roseville?

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
QUOTE (sololock @ Feb 8 2009, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you live in roseville?

Technically yeah.

The 14 is soon to be resurrected courtesy of the Gods of Mestiso. Some changes have been made though...
New color - Daytona Blue Pearl

Also, I did not opt to have FedEx ship my Uras lights. Coming direct from Japan, they should just about pulling into the S.F. docks since they left JPN in January. Now they will sit at customs for another month. Uras estimated 12 weeks from ship date. Always, always always, pay extra 8 dollars!

Til next time boys and girls...

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Well I got some progress to report on Drew's car. We finally got all the parts to do his 5 speed swap so Jonnie and I swapped it out. I took most of the pics when we were pulling motor and some assembly but I don't have any of it completed cuz I forgot to take the rest of the pics lol. Anyways Drew's car is now at Jason's place getting body work and paint.

Here you can see the car and all it's stock automatic transmission glory!

Hood off and some more stuff pulled.

We pulled the motor this time without losing any a/c or power steering.

Hmmm here is the source of our problem... a fully functioning automatic tranny in a car that should be a 5 speed.

After the heathen ass auto tranny was pulled, in the second pic you can see the huge auto tranny pilot bushing.

Manual pilot bushing, manual flywheel, clutch and pressure plate installed.

Now since we used an S13 tranny on Drew's 96 S14 I had to drill a hole in the bell housing for the crank angle sensor. I used an S14 bell housing for the measurements of the two holes and tapped the smaller hole for a 6x1 bolt. Once this was done I used a 1/16 inch washer to space the sensor away from the flywheel correctly.

Then I pulled this lil gem out from the inside of the car.

After everything was bolted back together and put it.

Ready to get some gear oil.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
Haha I recognize that red thing!

silentj95835

silentj95835

I can't make up my mind!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
The other phase of droo's car.
from Rob's shop to me. Its time for some body work and paint. yeah boi!!!

beginning stages. the tear down and dent hunting.

Paint pics from my photobucket:
parts
fun stuff
customers parts
complete cars: Jesse James, Drew, Mestizo's and my cars

http://s201.photobuc...8/SILENTJ95835/

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Everything is coming along beautifully. Thank you all for your help. I have learned so much from the many, many, many conversations we have had about not only how to approach the build, but in what order and all the little bastard parts Nissan makes that of course I would need. Can't wait to take it out on a maiden voyage once it's all done...gotta do the KTS' first though. yes.gif

silentj95835

silentj95835

I can't make up my mind!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
Teaser for Droo.
just testing the paint out to see how it sprays since i have have not shot this brand before. good color. have to make sure you spray good wet medium coats or it sprays thin. but nothing a lil tweak to the spray gun didnt take care of.

Its just painted. no clear right now to see how everything lays out. I know some will say they look dry!!!

parts
fun stuff
customers parts

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
w00t.gif Hey Rob, you didn't have a Emoticon for a smiley getting it's rocks off. That was the closest I found.

silentj95835

silentj95835

I can't make up my mind!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
More updated pics for you droo.

bondo-ing that f-ed up fender of yours

sanded down and ready for primer

Tada its brand new. block it down and maybe reprime one more time.

Beginning repairs to the hood. needs more bondo to smooth it out and primer.

primed the lower lip of the trunk. had some chips i wanted gone.

primed the tower bar i painted blue as a test. will lay out glass smooth now.

Beginning or the pass rear quarter repairs. will have to block down more and lay some more putty on the lower dent since the gun didnt get the whole dent out.

here is your rear bumper

pay no attention to the run in the primer. rookie move and was dazzled by sparkly things and quit moving the hand with the paint gun in it. hahaha

parts
fun stuff
customers parts

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Looks good and Jason you don't have to shorten up swear words on my site... so you can fuck, shit and bitch... cock, balls.

silentj95835

silentj95835

I can't make up my mind!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
lol. too funny. just force of habit. thanks for the compliment. im just glad i was able to get all the shit i needed to get done on thursday. worked on droo's stuff as you see, reprimed the whole front- doors foward on my hatch for final sanding after blocking it down once, and blocked down and reprimed adams accord. didnt get home till 10ish last night after working on all that stuff since 8am. i was so dead this morning. i could sleep all weekend if i didnt have work tomorrow. what a way to spend saturday.

parts
fun stuff
customers parts

Copilot

Copilot

Wait... How old are you again?!

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
God damn Jay....doing it big.....I think that color is gonna be sick.

00 RL Dumped on Type S wheels Stock as can be....
03 Hoe 4x4 on them stock 16s wit KnN intake and a magnaflow....HOTNESS

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users