Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Andrew's AE86 #2

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Almost finished stripping the old shell, all that's left is the rear suspension.

Installed the front metal brake lines.

Front end stripped.

Installed dash harness.

What I don't have pics of is stripping the old suspension down and apart. It was a pita.

Andrew

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Installed new cusco lowering engine mounts, they've been gathering dust in the garage for over a year. I've had them since the transmission rebuild last december.

Installed crossmember after cleaning it up and mestiso painted it. Since I woke up way late, forgot about the time change huh.gif

Installed wiper linkage & motor.

During the install of the dash mount/reinforcement bar one of the nuts broke. Sucked, but I was able to grab it with some vice grips and work it loose.

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Installed GT-S fuel and brake line assembly.

GT-S engine, transmission & wiring harness waiting to be installed.

Installing

Installed.

Dash mount/reinforcement bar, hvac control/radio bracket & hvac parts (defroster & vent piece) that were removed for access to install the GT-S dash wiring harness.

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Pulled the rear axle housing and suspension off the old car, you can see what the accident did below.

Lateral rod.

Spring stuck, but not damaged or bent. Just took a 3.5 ft long pry bar to get it free.

Right rear lower control arm.

Both rear lower control arms (for comparison).

The axle housing. Crazy looking isn't it?

Now to the progress:

Repaired broken HVAC piece, more 3M urethane. (both of the ones I have are cracked in the same place - common problem I'm guessing).

Installed HVAC controls, it's somewhat of a PITA with all the cable actuation.

GT-S charcoal cannister. (Smog legal, send me to the Ref, I dare ya!)

GT-S fuel filter.

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Ignition coil, ignitor & homemade bracket to mount GT-S coil/ignitor assy to an SR-5 chassis. (The SR-5 did NOT come with the same mount/fenderwell as the GT-S)

Injector resistor.

Installing front wiring harness (necessary for GT-S alternator wiring)

Installed. (Don't forget to connect the single wire black plug next to the fuse box, or it won't start.)

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Didn't get too much done tonight - just yanked the windshield, prepped, painted and set the windshield back on to keep shit out of the car.

Andrew

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Drilled missing mounting holes for the redline tailights & mounted them yesterday.

Today.

Installed some of the front suspension, lower control arms, whiteline swaybar, and tension rods.

Engine mostly installed (see next post of what was done today - Swap stuff), still got to install the radiator & fan controller bs.

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
More SR-5 swap stuff.

I tend to remove the rear water outlet & BVSV as they tend to knock the firewall when removing & installing the engine and usually break at the same time. It also gives additional clearance. While I had everything out and apart I installed all new vacuum lines (7/64" size).

Installed heater control water valve, with new hose clamps (smooth inner band so it doesn't chew up the hoses).

Coolant reservoir.

Intake tube & filter, in my case it's a K&N intake kit, but a stock gt-s airbox is probably most common. Also you will need to remove the bracket spot welded to the fender for the SR-5 coolant reservoir & washer bottle.

Install exhaust manifold (header in my case).

Install distributor. Before removing mine I marked it with whiteout so I when I re-install it I probably won't have to set the ignition timing since it was correct upon removal (not visible in picture, on front of dist tab/ear where it meets the cyl head).

Installed GT-S OEM oil cooler.

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Took a short break and posted the last pictures, went back out and set up and drilled the lower mount for the AMT tri-bar I got to replace the bent one

Bolted the ncrca's to the new susp, would have installed it to the car but I realized I didn't have the right washers & nuts. wall.gif

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Went by the hardware store for the missing fasteners. Installed front coilovers, I will be repacking the wheel bearings before installing the hubs (and front calipers mounts, and dustshield/bracket)

Also installed my FSB.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
MMMMMMMMMMM wub.gif coilovers!

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Installed hatch & gas door release handle, cables, and gas door actuator.

Picked up my new fuel line (other one was stripped)

Installed tank & hooked up fuel lines. This time there shouldn't be an issue with fuel dumping everywhere blush.gif

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Installed my Ueo Gachirri (shoulder) braces.

Close up on how to install the antenna with the braces.

Installed steering column. (I'll need my steering wheel back soon... I hope.)

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Some more swap stuff.

Installed rear harness (fuel pump wiring mostly, you can make your own harness add on)

New GT-S e-brake cables.

E-brake handle installed w/spin turn knob.

GT-S e-brake cables installed.

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Installed GT-S ECU.

Installed battery, rewired power for the fan controller & rerouted some wiring.

Installed TRD shifter.

Installed radiator.

Mestiso installed the rear bumper, no pics cause its not a big deal. The one that came on this chassis was bent/damaged on the right rear corner.

Installed RSR Exmag II exhaust.

We hooked up the battery, charged it. And after some starter woes (had to tap it, been sitting several months & didn't want to crank). Got it running, here's a pic of the cluster while it's idling. (the dash/interior still hasn't been installed, just plugged it in and got it running.)

Oh, btw Mestiso/Rob. I removed the silencer, much deeper tone of death (or sleep in your case, since it knocks you right out).

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (assassin10000 @ Mar 25 2007, 09:00 PM)
Oh, btw Mestiso/Rob. I removed the silencer, much deeper tone of death (or sleep in your case, since it knocks you right out).

Thats cuz it's a good ass exhaust tone!

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Painted the floor opening plates, used a little clear silicone to hold them in place. Since there is no longer the sound deading over the plates to hold them.

Rebent the slightly bent seat brackets and installed them to the new seats, a BFH/NBG and the passenger seat inner adjuster clears (barely).

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
Grabbed a spare rubber bumper off the bottom rear corner of a door, cut off the retainer portion & drilled the center out with a 13/64 bit so it would be just wide enough to grip a 6mm bolt so I could install a lower center bolt without having to worry about cracking it. Bottom right corner is the thread size & length needed for the cam cover (IMO) so it will extend far enough to hold the center wiring harness like stock.

Installed CF cam cover.

Pinned out alarm wiring, tapped & rewired/installed power lock actuators.

Finished installing dash.

Installed front brake caliper bracket & dust shield assemblies.

lshatch916

lshatch916

Reverand Jones

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:Me and you, yo momma and yo cousin too
RSR exhaust....MMMMMM!!! Maintain good tone!

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (lshatch916 @ Mar 31 2007, 10:25 PM)
RSR exhaust....MMMMMM!!! Maintain good tone!

Indeed

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users