Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Just Droo's Zenki S14 Build Thread

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
I'm hoping bro. Checklist is as follows:

1) EVAP/SMOG
2) Paint
3) Windshield
4) Guide removal
5) KTS
6) Wheels

Maybe I can sneak my Navan goodies in there if my Wage claim goes through.

Once the car starts to look half way decent I'll put in the whole slew of SCF parts. ahhhhhh bow.gif

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Day 511:

Finally made some progress on the car today. This morning I picked up the EVAP PVCV from Future Nissan, and started to reassemble.

Good:
1) Got the car all back together after it being torn apart for two weeks.
2) ...

Bad:
1a) It took me ten hours and multiple trips to Jon's and Kragen to finish.
1b) Kept dropping bolts to unseen places so I bought a grabber and neodymium magnets to reach 'em.
1c) Snapped one of the studs from the intake manifold into the block...now need to extract it.
1d) The snapped stud failed to seal the head and the coolant I poured in leaked all over the block.
1e) When mounting the new PVCV (which is now made entirely of plastic) one of the two mounting tabs snapped. No warranty.

Se ya'll thursday. Going to thunderhill tomorrow.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

It's ALIVE...IT'S A-L-I-V-E!!!!!!!!!!

No CEL. All Parts back together again, and runs like a champ. Now, off to DMV, smog station (after a quicky driven 60 miles), and then to paint. AWESOME!!!!!!

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Sick with it! I'm glad to hear it's finally back together and ready for the road!

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Aug 14 2009, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sick with it! I'm glad to hear it's finally back together and ready for the road!

Um...one thing. DMV is not open today. They are not open until Monday. I got to put miles on the car for tomorrow's trip to the smog station though.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
New update:

Went to Chevron's smog station with apparently not enough miles on the OBD II clock. Drove the car an additional 75 miles and guess who came to see me? Just like when Aunt Flo comes to town and ruins your weekend. My Aunt Flo is my fuckin' CEL. About to pull codes and see whats up now.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
lol your car is on the rag... hahaha Sorry bro that shit sucks.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
Damn fuck obdII sorry to hear Droo. John txted me about a cannister or something hopefully that will fix it.

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
yeah dude. Your canister worked fine. My was obviously busted. Now, I changed out my ECU thanks to Rob, and hopefully that will help.

silentj95835

silentj95835

I can't make up my mind!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
Droos car finally in one spot fpr me to start painting. yay droo. Lol

Ill update more pics from the rest of the parts i have painted this week.
here or pics from last week. sorry pics are from my camera phone. batteries were dead in my camera.

Fender wet

Tower bar

Fender dry and cleared

Paint pics from my photobucket:
parts
fun stuff
customers parts
complete cars: Jesse James, Drew, Mestizo's and my cars

http://s201.photobuc...8/SILENTJ95835/

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Dam these pics are not even close to the way the color looks in real life. I demand better pics now... err wait I guess I could take some myself considering the fenders are here at my place. lol

silentj95835

silentj95835

I can't make up my mind!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
lol that would work. I bought batteries for my camera. ill post pics of drews rear bumper, gas door and silvia grill tomorrow or saturday . Ill clear them tomorrow after work. im hoping to have he whole car completed and painted with in the next week or so.

parts
fun stuff
customers parts

silentj95835

silentj95835

I can't make up my mind!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
more pics

parts
fun stuff
customers parts

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Alright, I finally got some pics ready since I found my camera cord.

The car is all back together with mucho thanks to Jason and Rob, and Jon. Everyone has been a huge help in the process. Jason's got the hood and spoiler now, so we will see everything done very soon.

A nice cold morning.

I put in the URAS corner lamps, but the turn signal lamps only fit JDM bumpers. sad.gif

Night Shot with the URAS lamps.

This car is a monster truck if I don't take pics from the grass blades.

Next (no money) project to tackle. Paint the wheels.

Mmmmm. Mom made brake dust instead of potatoes.

Weapons of Choice.

Coat #1

Coat #2

Started to put the door panels and weather stripping back in. Drew likes heat believe it or not.

Interior is still dirty and smells like wet ass from all the rain with the doors off, but I have since pulled out the carpet and crap to get rid of the moisture.

Now, just got to take the new tires to Tognotti's to have them swapped.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Finally some new pics... looks a lot better now tho! You should have waited to paint those wheels til after the new wheels got mounted, this if for a couple of reasons. One is they will prolly get scratched when the dis mount and mount the tires and two is the wheel weights will be taken off and put in a different spot, so there will be a non painted spot after they get done. No biggie tho you can always just paint them again.

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:WOMEN &amp; CARS what else is there
looking good dude...LOL at Robs info on the wheels...thats the beauty of rattle can paint...you can paint on the go. Yeah I am in the process right now customizing my new headlights with the circut sports lenses. THen I'll add some hids. I'll post some pics when I am done. Looking good now you need to start sliding with us!!!

silentj95835

silentj95835

I can't make up my mind!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
God damn she's pretty. u have to let me know who painted that shit. lol. looks good man. so clean looking in that color. im glad your happy with it. thanks again for letting me do your ride. i got a few other projects to complete now as you know. robs and hopefully jons soon. the good news is I now have access to paint booth at the school. booth rental is $50 just to cover the electricity. but Don pretty much said i have free reighn at school for whatever i need. frame machine, welders, lifts, sand blasters etcc. so i pretty much have a second shop at my disposal since its like pulling teeth to get a set day or getting flaked on at my other situation.

parts
fun stuff
customers parts

InfamousJesseJames

InfamousJesseJames

Dave!... Listen up!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:WOMEN &amp; CARS what else is there
QUOTE (silentj95835 @ Dec 7 2009, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
God damn she's pretty. u have to let me know who painted that shit. lol. looks good man. so clean looking in that color. im glad your happy with it. thanks again for letting me do your ride. i got a few other projects to complete now as you know. robs and hopefully jons soon. the good news is I now have access to paint booth at the school. booth rental is $50 just to cover the electricity. but Don pretty much said i have free reighn at school for whatever i need. frame machine, welders, lifts, sand blasters etcc. so i pretty much have a second shop at my disposal since its like pulling teeth to get a set day or getting flaked on at my other situation.

Hey dont forget bout priming my car...ASS!!! LOL

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
QUOTE (InfamousJesseJames @ Dec 7 2009, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looking good dude...LOL at Robs info on the wheels...thats the beauty of rattle can paint...you can paint on the go. Yeah I am in the process right now customizing my new headlights with the circut sports lenses. THen I'll add some hids. I'll post some pics when I am done. Looking good now you need to start sliding with us!!!

Dude, you're getting the circuit sports lenses? Gangster. That will look sick.

Yeah, Jason did a freaking awesome job with the paint. Really happy with it! That extra booth at school will be sick, that way we can paint the parts I am sure to break in the next few months trying to slide.

I thought about the wheel paint and everything, but I did it on a whim after I went to Tognotti's and they said they didn't have time that day. I didn't tack rag in between coats either so it's rough to the touch, but I'll fix it after the new tires go on.

Also, I found a place here in my area that will do the windshield for $140 installed. First things first though. SMOG...

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
So, I started a little short side project and what a BITCH!. Half of the lights in my car (i.e. the HVAC and switch backlights) are burnt out, and I decided to go to Radioshack and by the replacement bulbs. Pics are soon to be uploaded. Enjoy...

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users