Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Evan Crashed...........

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
Well Evan last night crashed up at 49 the car is still in operating condition just looks even uglier heres where the crash was he was sliding and entered too fast oh and pics http://maps.google.c...e...mp;t=h&z=19

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
deadhorse.gif As you guys know 49 is very unforgiving. Maybe it is the element of danger, but someone is gonna get hurt bad.
Everyone needs to start with baby steps...and 49 is not it. Also when somone is learning no one else should be in the car. It would be bad enough if the driver got hurt, but to hurt somone eles is way not cool.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Indeed I told u guys to start with donuts and corners... but it seems like I always talk to deaf ears.

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Jan 24 2009, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Indeed I told u guys to start with donuts and corners... but it seems like I always talk to deaf ears.

Forealz.

I don't think he has any comprehension of what the car is actually doing, what it should be doing, what he as the driver needs to be doing, and when it needs to be done. Or the fact that it isn't setup for what he's trying to do with it.

Evan needs to realize he sucks right now (and it's ok, we all start that way). Hell, I don't even consider myself really good. Acceptable/OK but nothing crazy.

Seat time, safe area (ie: NO CANYONS!) and learn some car control. Buy/Rent/DL Tsuchiya's drift bible and start with the basics. Donuts, e-brake 180's, figure 8's, various initiations on a simple 90 deg corner, and then after those are all at a competent level... some dori.

Andrew

bikerskater

bikerskater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
i do understand what the car is doin yes i know im not the best but i do know im good enough to do 49 i did every turn eariler that day just fine the problem this time was that there were a lot of wet dry spots and i did enter to fast which was my fault but i do know the basics, but no one has really seen me drift since that day at pell. And no matter doug is going to put me down and say i suck because thats just who he is and how he acts. Also i do know that my car is in not the set up for drifting but it is what i have learned just about everything on so i have gotten to the point where i am really good for what i have but because of what i have is now i feel holding me back.

I could really tell by the td event on friday when my car would be bouncing off the ground and along with my fuel cut thing going on that would stop me mid drift.

P.S. i can dori really well prolly one of the best things im at along with figure 8s and on and off ramps with i do very well in the rain but again my cut springs and blown shocks hold me back in the dry sad.gif

jus thought i would add my 2 cents since this thread is about me

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Well you can think what you want of yourself, but when you get too sure of yourself then you end up getting in over your head and bad things happen. If you think you're a good drifter then great, but try watching D1, MSC or even Formula D and then ask yourself are you really as good as you think? Wanna make a man out of yourself as a drifter... then try entering a bank at 100mph and see if you can hold it. Like I said I am not a good drifter, I can control my car for the most part but I am by no means a really good drifter. The other thing is I do this for fun and to challenge myself, not for the "I look cool" appeal.

I know you think I am being a dick, but like I said the other day I am trying to help. However my advice is falling on deaf ears. Ask Doug about it, I was less than nice to him when he first started coming out... the reason being is he had the wrong idea of what drifting was and how to do it. After he realized that the things I was saying were working then he started to get better. His crash was prolly the best thing that could have happened to him, it killed that cocky "I am the shit drifter" attitude. THe only good thing about you kids going out there and doing this shit is the junk yards are always cluttered with your broken ass chassis. Bad part about it is you blow up the spots and kill the scene for the rest of us.

Wanna see what happens when you get too cocky?! This is what happened to me when I thought I was as good as Andrew in October of 2007. I had done some new mods and the car was feeling great, Andrew entered at this usual 55mph and I followed... he made it, I did not. As soon as I hit the curb the first words out of my mouth were "it's my fault i was going to fast and thought I could hold it". Lukily I had enough experience to pull my e brake and spin the car backwards before I hit the curb so instead of taking out the entire passenger side of the car I only hurt the passenger rear. Funny thing is the week before this I was at Thunderhill on the skid pad thinking I got this shit down.

QUOTE (mestizo @ Oct 30 2007, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I had my first major crash the other night. I was trying to go faster than I usually go and just got into the turn too fast. So the end result was me going backwards into a square curb. It looked a lot worse than it really was, but all in all it wasnt that bad. I took out the passenger rear lower control arm, upright a.k.a. knuckle, brake line and wheel. On the upside I went to Pick n Pull and got an LCA with the knuckle for $26 so all I need now is to get a new brake line and install my poly bushings into the new LCA/knuckle. I should be back up on the road by thursday. Ehh that's drifting, it's going to happen eventually the only question is how bad will it be.

Wheel and tire damage.

Brake line damage.

Here is where the knuckle broke, right above the ball joint.

The rest of the knuckle still attached to the ball joint on the LCA.

Bent LCA mount.

bikerskater

bikerskater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
i would be trying to enter at 100 if i was on a track and had the built car for it but the other night i was entering at the top of 3rd and initiating about 30-40 feet before the turn because the turn is only about a 2nd gear turn so i had to slow down enough to do it so im not afraid of entering that fast im going to try to get enough money for the full track event and ill get a feel for it first then ill see my limits on how fast i can really go. and im not being cocky saying im the best i just think im really good for what i have because so far no one has been able to drift my pos cause it is such a pos lol.

and i know your trying to help and not being a dick but next time im out i would really appreciate it if you would ride with me so you can tell me what im doing wrong

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
Ok Evan, very first thing! We are not trying to be dicks we are trying to save your LIFE. Last year we lost some friends and I really don't want to lose any this year.
If you think you are good enough to do 49 do me a favor and go out and look at your car and see if it is banged up...Guess your not. I seriuosly doubt you could do the full track at Thunderhill without going off. Think of this every time you go off you would have hit on worse gone down into the canyon.
I realy think you need to spend some time getting your car right, then spend some money for skid pad events and instruction at the event.
I don't doubt that you getting better, but lets face it your car is way too unpredictable. Bad tires, no braces, worn bushings, no suspention...should I go on?
Again man we are trying to help. If we come off stern it is because the consequences are so great.

You posted while I was typing...kudos for asking for help.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (bikerskater @ Jan 25 2009, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i would be trying to enter at 100 if i was on a track and had the built car for it

LOL great job Nick Hogan! No experience and a built car going balls to the wall... and fails every time. Not only that but he doesn't have the respect of the drift community. I think he has killed at least 15 different chassis trying to drift. Plus he turned his freind into a vegatable cuz his dumb ass was street racing with that same attitude "I can drift good so that means I can drive".

bikerskater

bikerskater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
ok im going a lil bit of a dick here but you guys are being very ignorant because of the fact the only thing you guys have to go off of is what you saw at pell and what other ppl might of said

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
Evan Im not trying to be a dick. This crash along with any crash almost is always driver error. You said that it was cause dry and wet spots??? Right there man you knew the conditions where unpredictable thats your fault for still trying to run it. You realise that I told you right before you crashed dont drive beyond your limits. Im cool with you and Im your dawg but I don't think any of us wanna here you ending up in icu seriously injured or even worse a coffin. If you wanna really follow sliding you just got show some humility. Were just trying to look out for your own safety cause I don't know what # crash this is but Im pretty sure your not a cat and you don't have 9 lives and if you do your running out quick! So Save up for coilovers. Get some poly bushings. Learn your car! I heard you wanted more power a day or two ago! What you wanna go even faster next time you may hit? Just don't be ignorant If anyone I know that you get cocky you die or you get really lucky. Imagine If there was no guardrail we were still pretty high up the mountain...

bikerskater

bikerskater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
ok doug if im so horrible and you to knew the same conditions why when i asked you say no we should'nt go up there huh? and ya i do want a lil more my single sucks ass i was able to do what ever i wanted in the rain then dry came again and i dont have enough power to even keep the wheels spinning and you saw that at td and i still want coils first but if i were to find a ca for stupid cheap like ph did of course im going to buy it

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
It has nothing to do with what I saw at Pell. Ur attitude is what I am talking about now and just what Doug said you can't take criticism despite the fact you always ask for it. I don't really care what you do, you asked me for help I offered it to you and then every time I answer a question you come up with some reason or another that what I am saying isn't right. Then why even ask me at all if you have got it all figured out?! I watched that video with you in it and again it looks like a bunch of new kids with no experience trying to drift, so what? That is where we all started out, deal with it, learn from it and get better.

Now I am going to be a dick, you want my help?... Shut ur mouth, open your ears and brain! Fix your car, put it back to stock, get a welded(i think u said have this), coils and some bushings. Then take your shit to an alignment shop get it aligned. Go out and slide ur shit then and tell me how it feels after doing these simple ass little things.

Funny thing is you say we are ignorant... kind of ironic that someone with no experience and has crashed twice (that I know of)in a very short amount of time is telling me I don't know what I am talking about. Think what I am saying is bullshit? Then go back and watch my vids from when I started sliding, two months in an automatic with a welded diff and coils only I was doing dori. Think you're really good huh... try getting you car to slide without a clutch kick or an e brake everytime.

Fuck this is starting to piss me off...

bikerskater

bikerskater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
i started off with an auto truck with no ebrake to pull which is what got me in to drifting

bikerskater

bikerskater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
and i don have the money to do all that ii work at taco bell for christ sakes

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
QUOTE (bikerskater @ Jan 25 2009, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and i don have the money to do all that ii work at taco bell for christ sakes

Then you have picked the wrong hobby! Let me introduce you to a concept called "delayed gratifacation."
That means work now play later. Do all the stuff on your car that costs little or no money, save your money, and do big stuff later. This is not possable if you are using up tires, buying new body/ suspention parts, or new shells because you crashed yet again.
All of us could keep telling you this, but you will not listen...so I am typing for no reason, because you know it all and we are just dumb.
Unless you have a fist full of money please do not ask me for anything.

gotspins13

gotspins13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
evan you know that night at 65 when you went up the curb was a sign to calm down. you go too hard you thinky your great. i dont do that shit cus its dumb i dont do off ramps cus i know i suck i just started im taking it easy. it takes time and your not giving it time and not taking advise. listen man cus all rob and jonnie are trying to do is help and save you alot of trouble. but really think if that guard rail wasnt there you could had killed yourself and even doug. stop and think.
perfectly said! FJ20ET 16 valve - the holy grail of Nissan engines

stephen-knight

stephen-knight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
**UPDATE**

When you thought it couldnt get any worse. lol
Got ran off the 193 when someone came around a corner with their high beams on.

PIC

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Out of curiosity how did he get run off the road?

bikerskater

bikerskater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
i was just driving with my friend trevor cause we just got his car fixed so we went for a drive i was going about 55 and this truck had its highs on along with him halfway in my lane so i swerved to avoid him didnt realize the turn was as close as it was and hit the ditch/wall inbankment and the guy new what he had done wrong and just kept driving and neither of us got license plate or anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users