Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

mestizo's 1995 S14 240SX

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

kcvpr

kcvpr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
I saw you shopping around for that stuff on zilvia biggrin.gif...

Nice to see some progress!!! Looks pretty good so far!

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Yup I was shopping and found what I was looking for again. I went to San Francisco today with Jonnie to pick up a VIS Kouki S14 carbon fiber hood, it was a lil faded but it fit really good and for $220 I couldn't pass it up. This was last part of the exterior of the car that I needed, so I can finally start putting it all back together. I need to remove the stupid hood pin plates and then fiberglass over the holes, once that's done I am just going to paint it to match the car. I don't care if people know it's carbon or not I just want a complete car finally.

Here is the pic the guy posted on zilvia, fits pretty dam good in the pic and fit perfectly when we actually saw it up close.

Here is a closer shot of the fading now that I have it at home.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
More updates!!! Jonnie came over today to help with working the car and wow we got a lot more done that I thought we would. He pretty much cut out the fender tub and welded the new tub back in by himself! All I did was hold shit and measure stuff lol. Aside from the electrical socket we were using giving us some problems everything went super smooth! Tomorrow we will try to put the rad support back in and once that's done it's all about test fiiting all the panels. Pics are below as always...

Removed the beat ass fender tub.

Test fitting the new tub for final fitment.

This is how close we got it once it was all measured out to the right length and hieght.

Here you can see the initial spot welds Jon laid down to hold the tub in place.

Just about done.

This is how the car sits now

The welder was acting up the whole time because of my shitty ass electrical sockets, Jon did the best he could do with it welding funky. It's no problem it's got plenty of penetration and will hold no problem.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Well Jon and I made a lot more progress today! We got the front end lined up per the Nissan FSM specs and then Jon laid down some welds to hold it together. After this was all done I was able to line up the passenger fender and drill all the mounting holes, this took a lot longer than expected because I had to chase all the threads on the car with a tap cuz the threads were all gummed up with rust/dirt. Tomorrow I will drill the holes in the drivers fender, then put the hood on and line it all up!

Test fitting the Kouki radiator support.

Jon welding it back in.

Test fitting and drilling all the holes in the passenger fender.

All lined up and bolted to the car.

Driver's side just set in place and clamped for now.

How the car sits as of now.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Import cars, and r/c cars
Good to see some progress Im gettin stoked to see what it looks like when finished if you dont mind rob when its got a little more work done to it id like to come see it in person also just wondering hows the motor comin along?

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
The motor isn't coming along at all cuz I don't have any money to rebuild it yet. I am basically just making the exterior complete so it isn't in parts when I get the money to rebuild the motor. Also Doug I need that oil pan and oil pickup from that short block in your neighbors garage.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
So because of the stank ass rain my day was cut short, but at least I got the driver fender and hood mounted. I still have some minor fitment issues to work out but other than that it's coming along great.

Driver fender all mounted up.

I decided to wash the layer of funk off the car since it was already raining, this made the hood look like it wasn't faded lol

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Oooh. Money! Soon, we'll all be rockin' new rides.

p.s. Oh, Rob, what seats and wheels did that guy have?

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (Just Droo @ Apr 8 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
p.s. Oh, Rob, what seats and wheels did that guy have?

Sorry bro I didn't see the last part til today... what guy are you talking about?

Just Droo

Just Droo

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
The guy you got the hood from.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Honestly I don't think he had any seats in the car when we picked up the hood, but ask Jon he might remember better than I. The wheels if memory serves me right they were Gram Lights 57 Pro... lol Jon and I were kind of surprised that he just left them on the car outside like he did.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Well my back finally started feeling better this weekend so I decided to work on the car today before it goes out again lol. Anyways I was able to mock up all the body parts and get everything fitted the way I wanted, funny thing is as soon as it was all fitted I tore it all back off so I can get everything painted. Anyways hopefully some time soon Ill get my tax return and then i can buy some paint for this thing! Also Version Select and Origin Lab body parts fit really dam good! There was some minor body work to make the VS fit perfect, but the Origin stuff was a perfect fit no mods needed.

Version Select Version I side skirts.

Nissan JDM Kouki grill, Nissan corner lights and ebay Vertex style kouki brick head lights.

Fitment pic!

Origin Lab Stylish front bumper, now all i need is the JDM bumper lights.

Version Select Version I rear bumper.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Oh yea I almost forgot to post a picture for Jon... my place isn't the biggest so when i ran out of room in the garage for my parts, they had to go some where. This was the view while standing in my Kitchen until today.

N8_drift

N8_drift

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Haha love the Kitchen storage, Rob your builds are a sweet. Really doing a great job of not letting a rough but good car go to its death in the crusher, And Doug...well I guess good of you for giving Rob a chance to do this... although I don't think you intended for your first two cars to be combined into one!

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
So Jason and I got some more stuff done today, we managed to get the fender's and side skirts prepped and primed. Also got the engine bay cleaned up and painted. Then I converted the car to Non-ABS since all the sensors and electronics were gone. Jonnie will be coming over tomorrow and we should be able to knock out a couple more things.

Engine bay before any cleanup.

Looks like xmas

After the pressure washer was used.

I had to use Naval Jelly on the rusty ass battery tray, it worked great as usual!

After some black paint to keep it from rusting again.

Driver side of the bay with the new/used red fender tub after some seam sealer and paint.

Prep and primer on the side skirts and fenders

Non-ABS brake master cylinder and lines.

ES steering rack bushings.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
Is this really my old car lol But looks good Im glad you didnt let those steering rack bushings go untouched lol

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Well we got a lot more done to the car today! I am pretty much stuck on a couple things right now tho, which is a lack of nuts / bolts and parts that are on the way still. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to gather up the nuts / bolts and then I will be able to install most of the suspension. Anyways I will let the pics do the talking...

Stealth Custom Fab S14 tension rod brace and my hammered back into shape tension rod brackets.

TC brace painted and reinstalled. What you can't see if the ES poly sway bar bushings.

Here is something being prototyped on my car... really there is no explanation needed on what Jon is doing.

Pressing out the TC rod bushings for the new ES poly bushings to replace.

Tourching the FLCA bushings out.

Wire brush cleaned.

New ES poly FLCA bushings.

Fitting my Dmax rear wing and Dmax style roof wing.

Sanding and body filler.

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
So yea a lot of stuff got done today! Altho Jason and I are pretty tired from working 10am - 7pm. Jason got the chassis of the car all primered, all that is left is to primer the new passenger door and front bumper. Later on in the day Jonnie came by and the 3 of us dropped in a used 95 S14 motor that I bought a couple weeks ago. So happy to see it all coming together!

After sanding the car down and masking it all up.

Since the car is so high Jason had me prime the center of the roof lol

Woot! All dry and mask pulled back off lol it's like opening an xmas present

Changed out the crank seal on the motor as you can see it was leaking lol

Pulled the valve cover and changed out the gasket and removed the stupid timing chain guide.

Since I am using an S13 tranny I had to drill a couple holes for the S14 crank angle sensor, this what the sensor holes look like on an S14 tranny.

After some measuring and marking.

All done drilled and tapped, now all it needs is a small washer to space the senor away from the flywheel right.

Lite weight flywheel.

New Exedy OEM clutch and pressure plate.

Motor and tranny in their new home.

Sideways~S14

Sideways~S14

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
You still gonna need that oil pick up and oil pan?

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
If you need it then just use it. If not I'll still need it for when I rebuild the original motor that was in the car when you gave it to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users