Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mestizo's 92 Nissan 240SX Coupe Build Thread

• Please log in to reply
527 replies to this topic

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Indeed, Jonnie Fraz on here owns stealth-custom-fab.com he was nice enough to pay for Andrew's and my entry fee at Thunderhill this past weekend... CJ who is a partner at Loud Liquid Graphix did all my stickers for free for repping their name.

SALTiNE

SALTiNE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars, Video games, Pepsi, and Long Walks on the Beach
so what's everything I missed? your car RB yet??

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (SALTiNE @ Oct 26 2007, 02:27 PM)
so what's everything I missed? your car RB yet??

O dayam ur out! lol... "How was the clink? Did you get the cookies I sent?" sorry I had to, thats a line from the new version of Ocean's 11. No it's not an RB yet but maybe if I get enough money and help it could be after xmas. So yea u coming out tonight?

Copilot

Copilot

Wait... How old are you again?!

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Oct 26 2007, 04:30 PM)
O dayam ur out! lol... "How was the clink? Did you get the cookies I sent?" sorry I had to, thats a line from the new version of Ocean's 11. No it's not an RB yet but maybe if I get enough money and help it could be after xmas. So yea u coming out tonight?

Damn that what funny.....What time you rolling? Same as always?

00 RL Dumped on Type S wheels Stock as can be....
03 Hoe 4x4 on them stock 16s wit KnN intake and a magnaflow....HOTNESS

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (LGND2NV @ Oct 26 2007, 04:25 PM)
Damn that what funny.....What time you rolling? Same as always?

Indeed u coming out?

Copilot

Copilot

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Oct 26 2007, 05:37 PM)
Indeed u coming out?

One way or another.

SALTiNE

SALTiNE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
I didn't come out friday night obviously, because I was catching up with a bunch of friends since I got out. I may tonight, not for sure though. Only cause there's a few Halloween parties and Kyle's 18th bday too. Plus my ref ticket and my GF broke with me so I gotta see what's up with that too

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Well I had my first major crash the other night. I was trying to go faster than I usually go and just got into the turn too fast. So the end result was me going backwards into a square curb. It looked a lot worse than it really was, but all in all it wasnt that bad. I took out the passenger rear lower control arm, upright a.k.a. knuckle, brake line and wheel. On the upside I went to Pick n Pull and got an LCA with the knuckle for $26 so all I need now is to get a new brake line and install my poly bushings into the new LCA/knuckle. I should be back up on the road by thursday. Ehh that's drifting, it's going to happen eventually the only question is how bad will it be.

Wheel and tire damage.

Brake line damage.

Here is where the knuckle broke, right above the ball joint.

The rest of the knuckle still attached to the ball joint on the LCA.

Bent LCA mount.

Copilot

Copilot

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Oct 30 2007, 07:06 PM)
Well I had my first major crash the other night. I was trying to go faster than I usually go and just got into the turn too fast. So the end result was me going backwards into a square curb. It looked a lot worse than it really was, but all in all it wasnt that bad. I took out the passenger rear lower control arm, upright a.k.a. knuckle, brake line and wheel. On the upside I went to Pick n Pull and got an LCA with the knuckle for $26 so all I need now is to get a new brake line and install my poly bushings into the new LCA/knuckle. I should be back up on the road by thursday. Ehh that's drifting, it's going to happen eventually the only question is how bad will it be.

Ya watchin it seemed like it was gonna turn out alot worse...Glad you to were both okay. On another note no eta on the rings and for an allinghment i would ask lucero who he would trust... Ill let you know bout that stuff tomorrow.

RicerX

RicerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Girls
Ouch, do you think youll be able to re-use the tire?
02 Toyota Celica GT (dead)
91 Honda CRX LS V-tec (will be missed)
H1Racing.com

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
QUOTE (RicerX @ Oct 31 2007, 12:10 AM)
Ouch, do you think youll be able to re-use the tire?

The tire 'looked' ok. We won't know until it's mounted and has pressure again. If the sidewall bubble's we know it's bad - otherwise it'll be fine. It's not like the tire is going to have to last us a couple years of driving, just a couple weeks (or less) to kill the tread. hooray.gif

Andrew

SALTiNE

SALTiNE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
I'm sorry to hear about that. But that is true, it happens to everyone. It's just a matter of how bad. Who is LGND2NV?? Have I ever met him??

assassin10000

assassin10000

GTS Diff abuser!!!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts
QUOTE (SALTiNE @ Nov 1 2007, 01:02 PM)
I'm sorry to hear about that. But that is true, it happens to everyone. It's just a matter of how bad. Who is LGND2NV?? Have I ever met him??

That's wes, one of our boys from a while ago. You'll probably meet him one of these days...

Andrew

Copilot

Copilot

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
QUOTE (SALTiNE @ Nov 1 2007, 01:02 PM)

ive been around these guys since i was 16.....now im 23 been quite a while!!! Hey rob remember "16"!!!

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
QUOTE (LGND2NV @ Nov 1 2007, 06:13 PM)
ive been around these guys since i was 16.....now im 23 been quite a while!!! Hey rob remember "16"!!!

Yea i remember that u ass, thanks for telling me before you got into my car so I could contribute to the delinquency of a minor without knowing it.

Copilot

Copilot

• Known Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
QUOTE (mestizo @ Nov 2 2007, 12:07 AM)
Yea i remember that u ass, thanks for telling me before you got into my car so I could contribute to the delinquency of a minor without knowing it.

No prob..Anytime clap.gif Good times id have to say!

SALTiNE

SALTiNE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
It was good to be out there again, it reminded of just how much I missed hanging out with all you guys and cars. I should have it out by next weekend though. What's with this Loud Liquid guy??

mestizo

mestizo

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 1456 posts
Well I didnt get a chance to get my car finished in time to drift it this weekend but it should be done this week. I ordered up some more parts as well. I got a set of SPL V2 toe rods, steering angle spacers and SPL V4 pro outer tie rod ends. So when the toe arms get here I'll slap those on and finally be able to adjust my toe on the rear of my car to where I want it. Man I am feenin for some drift. I am not sure but I may try to go to Thunderhill this weekend and slide but I am not sure yet I'll have to see how my bills go and then decide. If I don't go to Thunderhill I might try to go to Buttonwillow with Andrew... who knows at this point money and time are the deciding factors right now.

Jonnie Fraz

Jonnie Fraz

The Fab Man!

• Gods of Mestiso.net
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
I am willing to help out again this month with entry fees. clap.gif

SALTiNE

SALTiNE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
Drew was saying this weekend is the skidpad again and then next weekend is open track at Thunderhills thumbsup.gif

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)