Welcome to SDR Garage Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

RicerX's Content

There have been 148 items by RicerX (Search limited from 26-September 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2031 Miguel aka RicerXs 91 Civic CRX

Posted by RicerX on 22 January 2008 - 09:31 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

Ok, im a little late on this:

Looking at these pics, Ill try to take better ones.

Well, I just got my ticket written off, which didnt really do much but reduce a $190 ticket to $67. Im greatfull that its $67, but I thought fix-it-tickets were just well, you fix it, and no fine. Well whatever. Aside from that, a week after I had my exhaust done, some cop literally went out of his way to pull me over. I mean, this guy busted a u-turn, and chased me down for maybe a half a mile to get me. I was literally in front of my house when he got me.

This is how the story goes:
It was sunday and I was heading home from church. I had just made a left hand turn, but seconds before I made the turn an interceptor was on the opposite road going with traffic. I made the turn and just went on with my buisness. Maybe after a minute and a half of driving down, I see a cop car turn onto the street I was on. Since I wasn't speeding, or didnt speed the whole way home, I didnt have anything to worry about.Im about to get to a stop sign which I have to turn on, and I look into my rear view mirror. I notice that the car was haulin balls, so I started to think he probably was coming for me. I could have easly just taken the turn, then hit the street where I live on and lost the cop, but I didnt. So I get to the stop sign and prepare to turn. By this time the cop caught up to me and was going to turn too. I made the right hand turn and hopped into the middle lane to make a left, as I did that the cop jumped in the middle an flashed his lights. Seeing this I got pissed and took the turn anyways and pulled over right at the entrance of the community I live at. So I get my apaers and stuff ready and he walks up and tells me the reason he pulled me over was cuz my exhaust was modified for bull this and that. As I gave him my papers, I explained to him I just got my exhaust done to not make noise since I didnt have a muffler when I got my last ticket, so I also gave him the previous ticket. He goes back to his car and does his pig stuff. As he was back ther, I could see him thrue the rear view, and I could tell he was confused. After 10mins. of waiting, he comes back and tells me its normally a citation, so I tell him the life story of how my muffler fell off, and I got the ticket, and how I went to the muffler shop and had a muffler+cat installed. So he asked me to start it and rev it, in which I did. He wa so confused he just let me go, in which I drove about 10 yards and I was home.
Long story short, pig saw I had a, aftermarket muffler. Pig tries to give me ticket, but gets confused, then pig lets me go.

Sorry its soo long, but I had to vent b4 I go postal. Aside from that, Ive come to the conclusion that I have a blown head gasket, coolant went in clean 5 months ago, found coolant to be black 1month ago.

#2014 Ok Not Cool At All

Posted by RicerX on 09 January 2008 - 03:04 PM in Anything goes.

QUOTE (MASTR Z @ Jan 9 2008, 01:29 AM)
my baby has 222k on a 96TT, daily driver, track and drift fun machine... drove it up the thunder hill all three times, never even changed tires or took out the stereo, raced and drifted it as i drive it everyday... but a nice quiet commuter would be really nice!!!!!!!

Pimp slap a silencer in those babies! itll be quiter while at the same time showin people you mean buisness.

#2013 Mestizo's 92 Nissan 240SX Coupe Build Thread

Posted by RicerX on 09 January 2008 - 03:02 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

QUOTE (assassin10000 @ Jan 9 2008, 01:47 PM)
Yeah, its ricockulous.

Here's an edited one.

Thats the biggest sig Ive ever seen!

#2007 Ok Not Cool At All

Posted by RicerX on 08 January 2008 - 11:15 PM in Anything goes.

QUOTE (mestizo @ Jan 8 2008, 11:31 PM)
Yea I seen that civic, lol I know from experience that honda motors will go forever as long as you maintain them.

Ah, I cant find it.

#2003 Ok Not Cool At All

Posted by RicerX on 08 January 2008 - 08:22 PM in Anything goes.

QUOTE (mestizo @ Jan 8 2008, 06:03 PM)
My Stock KA in my nissan has 131K on it and it still hit turn 1 at thunderhill at 85mph sideways. My daily driver civic has 331K on the body and about 50k on the fresh rebuild. Milage is not a big deal as much as maintenance is.

There was a guy sellin his civic on craiglist with 965k on it. It had the original motor and tranny. He never had to rebuild it. He went thrue 6 water pumps, belts, millions of sparkplugs and many other regular maintenance items. Cars in good shape, and so was the interior.

#2001 Miguel aka RicerXs 91 Civic CRX

Posted by RicerX on 08 January 2008 - 03:34 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

Good News! Project REX is moving along, just got the exhaust done yesterday. Put a b16 CAT on so the car is quiet, then had the exhaust welded, 2 1/4" piping from the control arm, all the way to the tuner muffler with crush bends. I forgot to ask the guy for mandrel bends. Car seems to be running smoother, or it may just be I dont hear the exhaust anymore. Ill upload pics 2night or 2marrow.

#2000 Ok Not Cool At All

Posted by RicerX on 08 January 2008 - 03:08 PM in Anything goes.

QUOTE (Sideways~S14 @ Jan 8 2008, 03:06 PM)
Im goin to stock and im gonna sand it down and paint it a diff color cause black car has a higher profile right now i dont have the money to get a decent dd so i gotta rock the stock ka like you are doin rob and just work every other aspect of the car smile.gif and ricerx sleeper would be cool but i tend to not be able to drive like a sleeper and the fun car already has 161k sad.gif

HEY, my fun cars rockin 169k, but thats on the body, dont know bout the motor.

#1998 Ok Not Cool At All

Posted by RicerX on 07 January 2008 - 08:54 PM in Anything goes.

QUOTE (mestizo @ Jan 7 2008, 05:18 PM)
That or get a daily driver that is stock or stock looking. I learned a long time ago that a reliable daily driver is the best bet, cuz if you get a ticket or something goes wrong with your main car you still have a back up. Plus you will get hassled less since your weekend/fun car will not see the road as much.

Also keeps the miles low on the fun car, and more reliable for those race days (as long as you maintain it). So far im learning this the hard way, and my fun car is my daily driver at the moment.

#1996 Ok Not Cool At All

Posted by RicerX on 07 January 2008 - 02:31 PM in Anything goes.

QUOTE (Sideways~S14 @ Jan 7 2008, 08:17 AM)
Chp got me yesterday for no front plate then picked apart my car so now i have to get it to stock status he didnt wanna let one thing go he even looked to see if i had a damn cat on my exhaust stay out of vaca valley right before vacaville on i80 and the cop actually knew a thing or two about cars he was tellin me he was suprised i didnt have a sr20  sad.gif

Your just a target for cops, you should put your car on sleeper status, stock on the outside, runs 12's on the inside.

#1993 Miguel aka RicerXs 91 Civic CRX

Posted by RicerX on 05 January 2008 - 08:04 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

QUOTE (mestizo @ Jan 5 2008, 08:54 PM)
Dam that sucks man, I know how you feel tho... that's why now i always buy cars that are stock and unmolested. It's easier to upgrade than it is to figoure out and clean up shit that other idiots did before you got the car.

If I had the money, I woulda bought something different, but this one was givin to me from a friend since the other one died. Im just tryin to get this ticket written off so I can go on with my life.

#1991 Miguel aka RicerXs 91 Civic CRX

Posted by RicerX on 05 January 2008 - 01:29 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

Getting a really big headache from this car at the moment, well, since I got a ticket for no muffler a few days ago, I went to the muffler shop today to get some work done. I needed a cat or else they wouldnt do any work to the car. They guy looked at it, and said it was gonna be $180. Since Im on a budget, I shot down to my cousins shop to get the cat put in since the guy was charging $60 for instal. Since everything went horribly wrong, I ended up owing my cousin $100, and have to wait till monday to get it put in. I really wish the people who put this car "together" did it right. Now im soo strapped for cash I dont know what ima do.

#1989 Horse Crap

Posted by RicerX on 05 January 2008 - 01:22 PM in Anything goes.

QUOTE (SALTiNE @ Jan 4 2008, 09:45 PM)
well, i went ot court last monday for my modified emissions ticket and he the judge charged me $371 fine. But it's a long story with my failure to appear even though I was jail at the time and thats why I missed my court date

Out here, weve been doing some research on exhaust tickets, and we found out all the tickets the cops are giving us are illegal tickets. Theyre giving us tickets for modified exhausts, but the citation theyre writing about has nothing to do with a modified exhaust, just emissions and that you must have a muffler. Nothing about modified mufflers.

#1982 Im crazy

Posted by RicerX on 26 December 2007 - 11:27 PM in Anything goes.

Well, I found out today that as small as my crx is, my celica hood fits in it. I got a carbon fiber hood for cmas, and i needed to take it home from my cousins shop. since i dont have a truck, i had to take it home. it was a tight fit, and i was a lil scared since one of the edges was inches away from my neck. i took the back streets and drove really slow. i wish i coulda took a pic of it.

#1980 Horse Crap

Posted by RicerX on 26 December 2007 - 11:21 AM in Anything goes.

QUOTE (SALTiNE @ Dec 24 2007, 05:36 PM)
LoL i still rememberr the time me and rob was slidin and cops showed up. LoL I turn around to hit the corner goin right and I didnt see anyone. So I do a U-turn and half wasy through 2 SACPD comearound the corner and pull me over. LoL I was so sure I was gonna get a huge ticket or arrested. Luckily when he ran my plates it didnt show I was on probation yet. The cop was cool and tellin me bout his Camaro he had when he was my age. LoL not a single ticket!!  smile.gif

Oh, well, when I got pulled over for my exhaust, cop told me to get a muscle car cuz my car wasnt that fast. My face was turning red cuz I was trying not to laugh. Guess he thought I was pissed.

#1975 Horse Crap

Posted by RicerX on 24 December 2007 - 12:18 PM in Anything goes.

QUOTE (Sideways~S14 @ Dec 24 2007, 11:50 AM)
also i dont have no money to fight it my family is fighting 3 tickets right now so i dont think we can fight anymore lol

That sucks. Well, I just got done paying off a $600+ ticket.

#1968 Mestizo's 92 Nissan 240SX Coupe Build Thread

Posted by RicerX on 23 December 2007 - 11:16 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

QUOTE (mestizo @ Dec 22 2007, 12:43 AM)
Front
Mount
Inter
Cooler

Common term used by turbo heads.

On another note I had a motherfucking bad ass time at Thunderhill today!!!!!!!! can you say 85mph e brake corner drifts!!!! Only bad part was I went off track and my front bumper lip is destroyed. O well small price to pay to the drift gods!

The footage from the event sucks cuz there is no good place to film from, also it was cold and windy as shit. I'm going to edit the vid and see if there is anything worth posting. Next time i am going to buy an in car camera mount and just run the in car cuz like i said there no good spot to film from.

Oh, out here we just call it a front mount. Sucks about your bumper lip.

#1947 Miguel aka RicerXs 91 Civic CRX

Posted by RicerX on 21 December 2007 - 08:40 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

Good news! ive got the GSR ecu ordered, bad news is that some guy got to the shop a second before me and bought the conversion harness before I could. Ironically he also had a crx. Oh well, Ill have em order me another. Either way id have to wait for more income to install it, so I may just pick up the type-r intake manifold.

#1946 Mestizo's 92 Nissan 240SX Coupe Build Thread

Posted by RicerX on 21 December 2007 - 08:34 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

FMIC, anyone care to explain?

#1935 Miguel aka RicerXs 91 Civic CRX

Posted by RicerX on 20 December 2007 - 01:25 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

QUOTE (mestizo @ Dec 19 2007, 05:40 PM)
If your head is a B16 (PR3 stamp) then the GSR intake manifold wont fit but the type r manifold will. THe easiest solution to run your motor right is just a conversion harness and one of DOHC V-tec ecu's i was talking about. Otherwise just get a P28 and a $30 chip kit and we can do a custom rom.

I was mistaken, it is a type-r manifold.

#1933 Mestizo's 92 Nissan 240SX Coupe Build Thread

Posted by RicerX on 19 December 2007 - 01:08 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

QUOTE (mestizo @ Dec 18 2007, 09:17 PM)
Nope they are my girls seats now.

Ooops, as they say at newcelica, reading > me.

#1931 Miguel aka RicerXs 91 Civic CRX

Posted by RicerX on 19 December 2007 - 11:38 AM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

QUOTE (mestizo @ Dec 18 2007, 09:14 PM)
If your going with a custom exhaust and you want the most out of that LS/V-tec motor for natural Aspiration then you want 2.5 mandrel bent from the back of the header all the way out. As for the ecu situation trust me if you get an OBD0 to OBD1 conversion with a p72 ecu it will run the motor right and there will not be any issue's with v-tec cross over. Since you do not have the stock GSR intake manifold it will throw a check light for the fact that is doesnt see the secondary butterflies, but that's all it will say nothing more. Right now the ecu you have is not running your motor right, so even if the gsr throws a check light it's still running the motor correctly. Just get a P28, a chip kit and Ill custom burn you a ROM for your setup. No check light, and no issue's.

The PW0 should be turning your v-tec on at 56-5700 and redline 81-8200, if it's not then it's bad. Redline is lower cuz of the valve train.

The P72 will turn the secondaries on at 4400 then v-tec at 56-57 and red line at 8100. I know this for a fact since I have run about 4 gsr ecu's in my time. Redline was set this way cuz of the shit ass R/S ratio the gsr has.

The P30 will go v-tec at 56-5700 then redline at 8500, again I know this for a fact since I have ran several jdm and usdm. The valve train issue's were solved which is why the redline is higher, that coupled with the fact the B16 has a near perfect R/S ratio is why it will go to 9k with zero issue's. <----verified by me for 4 years.

I have also run several chipped P28's, one chipped P72 and one chipped P30. All wer ecustomed tuned by me or chips that I bought from others, and again none of the pre done chips worked right, the stock ecu's ran better than the pre done chips. However my custom tuned ecu's ran better than anything else I ever had.

As for the custom exhaust, Im going 2-1/4" piping because of my ticket. I believe the piping I have in there already is 2.5. It just doesnt fit the headers correctly, and there is no muffler. My cousin is going to hook me up with the conversion harness hopefully this weekend. Also, I believe he has either a type-r or gsr intake manifold. Ill try to get that from him next check. Ive decided that ima go with the GSR comp for sure. I just cant believe that all this stuff is actually going to happen soon, as opposed to me saying something and waiting 8months for it to happen. Also, I manage to sell the fender from my other car, so itll be a lil extra money in my wallet.

#1927 Miguel aka RicerXs 91 Civic CRX

Posted by RicerX on 18 December 2007 - 05:24 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

Well, I have decided, since I got a ticket for modified exhaust (Im missing my muffler), my test pipe doesn't sit right with the headers (test pipe sits at an angle), and the pipe hits the control arm causing tremendous amounts of noise which is not only annoying, but very embarrasing, Im gonna get my exhaust custom welded at an exhaust shop. Im thinking of going free flowing cat with 2-1/4" piping, and 2-1/2" at the rear control arm for when I upgrade the 2-1/4" piping. Also, I recieved from work an american express gift card for $150. Ive decided that it will go to my new computer. Im currently stuck on the GSR ecu and the Del Sol ecu. One of my freinds told me that Ill get a check engine light, and v-tec wont activate if I use the GSR ecu.

#1926 Mestizo's 92 Nissan 240SX Coupe Build Thread

Posted by RicerX on 18 December 2007 - 05:17 PM in Public Car Profile's and Project Logs

QUOTE (mestizo @ Dec 17 2007, 05:45 PM)
No the seat just rubs a bit. I dont need to do anything about the e brake handle any more cuz the seat sits much lower than the recaro. I picked up the hicas sway bar for $60 but they vary in price because they are rare.

So, hmmm.gif u gonna sell those seats?

#1907 360° - weeee....

Posted by RicerX on 12 December 2007 - 08:12 PM in Pics, videos and whatever else you got.

QUOTE (Sideways~S14 @ Dec 12 2007, 09:39 PM)
yea ive seen that cool still!! tho i wish i could do that tho chair.gif

Man, I gotta go to Japan and learn from the best!

#1893 Thunder Hill Full track drift

Posted by RicerX on 10 December 2007 - 09:46 PM in Events

First, I wish I lived in cali, second, I wish I had a RWD to try drifting.